Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Forum Members' DISCUSSION of 2012 Releases List...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Here 'Tis...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 113>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here 'Tis...
    Posted: January 12 2012 at 10:45am
Originally posted by oiram

Remember One-Time Razzie winner Kristy McNichol? Well, turns out she's a lesbo...  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: McNichol says she "came out" to encourage teen-agers who are victims of bullying by their peers. From the insensitive nature of his post above, it looks to me like Oiram may be one of the people McNichol was talking about... 

I am really sorry. I didn't know "lesbo" was offensive until I talked with my parents. I'll be more careful next time.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2012 at 11:16am
I think it's more about how you say it than the word.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2012 at 12:59pm

That's for sure.
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2012 at 11:13pm

Here's the list of the winners of the 2012 Critics Choice Awards:

Your thoughts, anybody?   

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: While I thought the actual winners were all over the place (almost nothing won more than 2 awards) the show itself was actually well-written and moved quickly. I especially thought the "Non-Motion Capture Actors" bit at the head of the show, and the "Tribute to Characters Who Died in 2011" were clever and amusing... 

You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2012 at 10:27am
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2012 at 11:15am
I was happy to see that  The Help won several of the acting honors at the Critics' Choice Awards...imho, it was the year's best movie.

Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

Here's the list of the winners of the 2012 Critics Choice Awards:

Your thoughts, anybody?

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2012 at 11:15am
[QUOTE=SchumacherH8ter] I got some terrible news guys. Link: http://news.moviefone.com/2012/01/13/grown-ups-2-gets-release-_n_1204108.html[/QUOTE]
Dead

DOH!!!!!

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2012 at 1:03pm
I think that they're making a sequel because out of the last three Happy Madison movies, Jack & Jill and Zookeeper underperformed domestically and Bucky Larson outright bombed. Sandler probably thinks that they flopped because they're "different" and not because the public is fed up with him.

There's one thing that always bothered me about Grown Ups: the budget. It cost $80 million! How the f*ck did that cost $80 mil? Just Go With It cost $80 mil, too, Jack & Jill cost $79, Chuck & Larry cost $85 mil, The Longest Yard cost $82 mil, and Anger Management cost $75 mil. Why do Adam Sandler movies cost so much?
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2012 at 1:40pm

They cost a lot because Sandler's paycheck usually takes up 1/4 of the budget. Anyway Zookeeper didn't underperform (it made more than 160 million and it's opening weekend was 20 million, which is what they were predicting). Plus Jack and Jill actually did better than some were predicting, some were saying it wasn't going to even make 20 million, but it's still not a hit.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2012 at 1:50pm
Trailer for Moonrise Kingdom

I don't know. Doesn't look that good, but then again, haven't seen any of Wes Anderson's films. What do you guys think?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2012 at 2:25pm
It was meant domestically. I'll edit my post so that there won't be any future confusion.  

The paycheck explains a lot, but it still bothers me. Bedtime Stories cost as much as Grown Ups and it had a lot of special effects and fancy sets.  

Originally posted by whatsthepoint

They cost a lot because Sandler's paycheck usually takes up 1/4 of the budget. Anyway Zookeeper didn't underperform (it made more than 160 million and it's opening weekend was 20 million, which is what they were predicting). Plus Jack and Jill actually did better than some were predicting, some were saying it wasn't going to even make 20 million, but it's still not a hit.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2012 at 2:33pm
In a just world, Sandler would be paying people to make his films, rather than getting paid huge bucks to make them. Then again, in a truly just world, the only job Sandler could get that had anything to do with the movies would be sweeping up popcorn in some theater.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2012 at 2:52pm
It makes sense that, of all Happy Madison movies, that GROWN UPS gets a sequel: it doesn't have a real plot, so a sequel wouldn't affect the first one.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2012 at 3:45pm
So Adam Sandler demands roughly 19 to 20 Megadollars for each film. How many actors demand more?

And, at least as far as I'm convinced, planetary box office matters more than domestic. And if Grown-Ups (Bottom 40 Films of 2010, #13) had the most amorphous plot... I can't decide if fleshing out a more solid plot would make Grown-Ups 2 a lesser or greater evil.

Moonrise Kingdom... the director, Wes Wales-Anderson also made The Royal Tenenbaums and Fantastic Mr. Fox, two of my past Top 40ers. None of his films were ever one of ours. Besides, it's opening against Men in Black III, which many of you said won't be as bad as Battleship.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 27; The November Man.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2012 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

So Adam Sandler demands roughly 19 to 20 Megadollars for each film. How many actors demand more?

And, at least as far as I'm convinced, planetary box office matters more than domestic.
There are 2 reasons why I can't take "planetary" box-office very seriously:

1. In a given country, or significant portion there of, I have no real information as to how many options the film-goers may have at any given time. It could well be that global box-office totals can be skewed by some meglomaniac like the most recent incarnation of the North Korean dynasty who only permits the citizenry to see Adam Sandler flicks because he personally likes them.

2. The plurality of the world's population thinks that soccer is a really cool sport. Case Closed.Wink
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2012 at 10:11pm
I agree with both of saturnwatcher's points. Specifically, the second one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 113>