Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Forum Members' DISCUSSION of 2012 Releases List...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Here 'Tis...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 113>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here 'Tis...
    Posted: February 29 2012 at 12:12pm

For me it's either Bewitched or Dragonball Evolution (although that's technically a manga adaption).
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2012 at 12:44pm
Wild Wild West trumps all in the TV-to-movie category.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2012 at 1:59pm

The Lorax has 100% on rotten tomatoes based off 6 reviews (so far), while Project X is falling fast.
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2012 at 5:16pm
Mines  for Worst Adaptations are Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, The Last Airbender, Dragonball Evolution, and The Smurfs.

Also, inb4 spill.com top and bottom 10 best and worst films:
http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/spill-s-best-worst-of-2011
Pictures move, do they?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2012 at 2:55am
Don't know how much people care about this news, but Davy Jones from The Monkees died yesterday.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2012 at 7:41am
Alright, I wanna try something new. I'll tell you the new releases here, and you can tell me what should I do about them: see one at a theater, wait until another one comes out on DVD, avoid another one, etc.

The new releases are SPY KIDS 4, DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK and THE DEVIL INSIDE (keep in mind here is Summer). There's also SEEKING JUSTICE but it won't be released in the U.S. for 2 more weeks, so I'm guessing you haven't seen it.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2012 at 2:52pm
Spy Kids 4 was a piece of crap, I thought that Don't Be Afraid was very good, but not a lot of others did, and The Devil Inside apparantly has the worst ending ever.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2012 at 3:01pm
Should I see any of them? And how and when?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2012 at 5:42pm
If you're a completist like me, than see every one, preferably on DVD, except for DBAOTD. If you're a big horror fan, than see it in theaters.
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2012 at 10:30pm
Do you have any kids around you could take to see Spy kids? It's a little more fun to see the reaction of the target audience.
I thought DBAOTD was all right, not very scary though. But seeing it late night with almost nobody in the theater was good, if you have a little money to spend without regretting it.
I thought Katie Holmes did all right. The girl who plays her daughter has quite the talent to do some creepy staring.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2012 at 7:04am
First trailer to Adam Sandler's That's My Boy (link).... What do you think?  

My predictions for March....  
Starting with my 23rd birthday on the 9th: 

A Thousand Words
No one is going to disagree with the HeadRAZZ and his discussion here... a long-delayed Eddie Murphy-movie from the director of Norbit...  

John Carter 
I honostly think this movie may be decent (Quality-wise)... But it might be a Green Lantern-like Box Office bomb.... Box office mojo is predicting it will have a hard time coming even close to earning it's big budget back (link) but they could be wrong... 

Silent House 
It got some early positive talk at last year's Sundace Film Festival.... So that's probably a no....

The 16th: 
21 Jump Street
The only movie released that date, and looking at the trailer, cast and screenwriters.... I think it looks more than deserving of a Forum....

The 23rd:
The Hunger Games
When this movie was anounced, there were a lot of media-sources claiming that the studio bought the books hoping to have another "Twilight"-like succes... I however personally see nothing to worry about yet... Mainly because Jennifer Lawrence is a far better actress than Kristen Stewart....

And lastly the 30th: 

Wrath of the Titans
Considering how bad the previous film was, I highly doubt this movie will be much better... 

Mirror Mirror
While the trailer doesn't look that great... It had some nice visuals to it and I somehow liked the fact that the Indian director of this movie dared to put a Bollywood dance scene in it.... Not to mention the fact that they used actual dwarfs and dressed Snow White in the same clothes as she wore in the 1937 Disney film (at least in one scene)...

Vits
, I'd personally wouldn't go see any of the movies you named.... but that's just me...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2012 at 7:18am
You know, my older cousin always tells me when recomending a Horror Movie not to see it in theaters. He says that the audience's screams take away the realism (specially since he saw all 3 PARANORMAL ACTIVITY movies in theaters). I don't know since I haven't seen a Horror Movie in theaters in a long time. So I'll try to see this one.  

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

If you're a big horror fan, than see it in theaters.

Originally posted by mbh

Do you have any kids around you could take to see Spy kids? It's a little more fun to see the reaction of the target audience.

I have 2 other cousins, 12 and 10. It's odd that they usually ask me about movies even though they know our tastes are very opposite. I don't know if they'll like this since they loved ALVIN & THE CHIPMUNKS 3 but hated THE SMURFS (?!). And my 15-year-old sister isn't really into movies. Anyway, this week schools are starting their classes but not colleges, so I'll doubt I can see a movie with them.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2012 at 7:27am
The trailer for THAT'S MY BOY spoiled too many WTF moments. But the movie may not be that bad. It's a silly /un concept (like Sandler's '90s movies) instead of a dumb/sh*tty concept (like JACK & JILL). Sandler seems a little out of his confort zone, but not enough to turn off his fans and make it flop. And when he gets a co-star who's more talented than him, you know it deserves a chance.

Originally posted by Vheid

First trailer to Adam Sandler's That's My Boy (link).... What do you think?

Vits, I'd personally wouldn't go see any of the movies you named.... but that's just me...

That's cool, that's why I asked. I don't have to go to the theaters every week. Specially now when the best to see is EXTREMELY LOUD.
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2012 at 12:49pm
I don't really know why, but I have a feeling Hunger Games is going to be a critic's darling. I guess because I read a nice write up about the educational effects those books are supposed to have, and how the author was inspired by the Greek mythology of Theseus. 

While I'm not interested in the film yet, it is going to be interesting to see if it can beat Twilight's worldwide success.

The 23rd:
The Hunger Games
When this movies were anounced there were a lot of media-sources claiming that the studio bought the books to have another "Twilight"-like succes... I however personally see nothing to worry about yet... Mainly because Jennifer Lawrence is a far better actress that Kristen Stewart....

mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2012 at 1:03pm
Forgot to say, Mirror Mirror looks annoying. But I'll still see it -- there's a slim chance that it will be awesomely bad (and I want to see what Tarsem Singh delivered).  

Mirror Mirror
While the trailer doesn't look that great... It had some nice visuals to it and I somehow liked the facted that the Indian director of this movie dared to put a Bollywood dance scene in it.... Not to mention the fact that they used actual dwarfs and dressed Snow White in the same clothes as she wore in the 1937-film (atleast in one scene)...

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2012 at 4:22pm
Seems like there won't be a forum to discuss the nominations. Well, I just wanted to know if there was a reason in particular why Russell Brand was nominated for ARTHUR but not for HOP.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 113>