Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Forum Members' DISCUSSION of 2012 Releases List...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Here 'Tis...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 113>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here 'Tis...
    Posted: February 05 2012 at 11:00am
I would have called it Attacking Primate Evolutionary. It may sound odd, but at least it's a better acronym than what they went with.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2012 at 2:28pm
Well, I read reviews before and was told by some friends that GREY wasn't action packed as the trailer suggested, so I knew what to expect. It's just that it was too by-the-numbers. A bunch of people are getting picked off one by one. I didn't think the characters were memorable either, except for Neeson's character. I don't mind slow films, especially one as philosophical as this one, but I just wasn't emotionally invested in the story as I hoped to be. 

It was decent, but I expected a lot more. However, I saw Chronicle today and it was really good! I highly recommend that film.   

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

MWG: Was it the lack of wolf-punching that disappointed you? I personally think it's the best movie of the year so far.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2012 at 4:20pm
I just saw Extremely Terrible & Incredibly Tasteless. The Human Centipede II was more tasteful!!! And more enjoyable!! Grade: F
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2012 at 7:14pm
Acronyms are usually, but not always, composed from first letters. Occasionally the point is stretched, as in a case like this -- which is why this one is particularly lame. As I recall, Head Razz did discuss the movie in his book.

ADDENDUM: It took a few minutes to hunt down my personal copy of The Official Razzie Movie Guide in my rather large and unfortunately, poorly organized personal library. A*P*E  is indeed discussed on page 7 of the 2005 paperback edition, which rather sadly is not autographed by the author *hint* Wink

LOL I might also note that the book was primarily responsible for my decision to join.  

Originally posted by Vits

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Incidentally, the title A*P*E was an acronym for AttackingPrimate MonstEr which is  pretty lame in itself.
I thought acronyms were made of the first letter of each word. Also, is that movie listed in the guide?
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2012 at 8:04pm
Arterial Pulmonary Embolism might have been an equally appropriate phrasr for A.P.E. -- since this film was just about as pleasant!    

I would have called it Attacking Primate Evolutionary. It may sound odd, but at least it's a better acronym than what they went with.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2012 at 6:05am
Can you please post a review???  

I just saw Extremely Terrible & Incredibly Tasteless. The Human Centipede II was more tasteful!!! And more enjoyable!! Grade: F
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2012 at 4:29pm
The new Amazing Spider-Man trailer has just been released. Gotta say, looks better than the last one. Headrazz, what do you think of it?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2012 at 6:08pm
Will there ever be another edition of the Official Razzie Movie Guide?

3 days before release, we already have a lot of reviews for Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, and a handful for The Vow and Safe House. I was wrong about The Mysterious Island so far: It's winning 19-15 on the Tomatometer. The Vow is winning 3 to 2, but I can't determine how likely it is to get a slew of negative reviews. Safe House has only 1 review, and its negative, but I don't know whether it's reliable. It's looking more like there won't be a worst new film this week.

Also, didn't Seltzer and Friedberg say they were going to release The Biggest Movie of All Time 3D this year? It's 10% of the way through 2012, and it doesn't even have an exact release date yet.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2012 at 8:48am
I am beginning to think that a lot of voters who haven't submitted their ballots are considering adding "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close" as a write-in for Worst Picture.  The Oscars exposed themselves as silly fools when they nominated that over better films like "Drive".  On a number of movie websites, many moviegoers and critics feel insulted by this move.  Should we punish the Oscars for their incompetence?

Considering this week's releases, none of them really stick out as far as Razzie consideration goes, but here are what I think are their best shots at nominations:

Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Worst Actor: Dwayne Johnson (also for "G.I. Joe: Retaliation"), Josh Hutcherson (also for "The Hunger Games")

Safe House
Worst Actor: Denzel Washington, Ryan Reynolds
Worst Screenplay

The Vow
Worst Actor: Channing Tatum (also for "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" and "21 Jump Street")
Worst Actress: Rachael McAdams
Worst Screenplay
Worst Screen Couple: Channing Tatum and either Rachael McAdams (this movie), Jonah Hill ("21 Jump Street"), or any of his teammates ("G.I. Joe: Retaliation")
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2012 at 1:13pm
If I had known that the ballot counting was going to be delayed, I would have waited and Extremely Horrible & Incredibly Tasteless would have gotten a couple write-ins from me. Also, Bucky Larson, one of only two 2011 movies that was worse than EL&IC, would have gotten a crap load of votes on my ballot.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Just to be clear on this -- To meet what were our original deadlines for Nominations Ballots, we had to print up the hundreds of paper ballots before the first of the year. Once we got hold of a 2012 calendar and saw that April 1st was on a Sunday, we made the decision to go with the Oscar Eve nominations announcement, and April Fools' Day unveiling of our eventual "winners" -- AFTER all those ballots were already printed. 

Based on the hundreds of Nominating Ballots that have already been tabulated, those bucking for BUCKY LARSON to get multiple nods will likely be happy. The presumed "groundswell" for EXTREMELY LOUD & TOTALLY IN YER FACE has (at least so far) not yet materialized...

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

I am beginning to think that a lot of voters who haven't submitted their ballots are considering adding "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close" as a write-in for Worst Picture.  The Oscars exposed themselves as silly fools when they nominated that over better films like "Drive".  On a number of movie websites, many moviegoers and critics feel insulted by this move.  Should we punish the Oscars for their incompetence?

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2012 at 4:00pm
I don't know how I missed this, but anyways, trailer for Bourne Legacy.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2012 at 4:15pm

I didn't like Extremely Lousy and Incredibly Manipulative, but I wouldn't have given it any write in consideration had I known the ballot deadlines were going to be extended. It's a terrible movie to be sure, but frankly, it isn't in the league of anything that was listed on the nominating ballot. Besides, it has pulled in less than $30 million so far and probably won't pick up a lot more. That puts it in a class with most Uwe Boll movies. I'd be willing to bet it won't get a lot of write-in action from our members, simply because almost no one has bothered to see it.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2012 at 9:56am
Will JOURNEY 2 be upgraded to an official forum? While the reviews aren't that bad they're still bad, and the stars have other movies coming up, so why waste a forum. And what about THE VOW, the worst reviewed release of the week?  
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2012 at 12:06pm
I kind of agree on The Vow.... Considering that the entire premise was based on one of the most illogical movie/television cliche's...  

Originally posted by Vits

And what about THE VOW, the worst reviewed release of the week?

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2012 at 2:38pm
Trailer for Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World. What do you guys think?

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2012 at 4:35pm
Here's a review for The Vow that's hilarious: http://www.reelviews.net/php_review_template.php?identifier=2421
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 113>