Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Forum Members' DISCUSSION of 2012 Releases List...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Here 'Tis...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 113>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here 'Tis...
    Posted: February 10 2012 at 10:54pm
And now a list of projects that have been announced:

This includes (obviously) news of another Royal Biopic that'll make the members of the Academy drool (not to mention people who read the Daily Express) yet also a slight Hitch. Another remake that is totally uncalled for (click on the link to find out what it is.
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2012 at 10:09am
I know there can't be a Worst of the Week every week, but that's only when there are no obvious contenders. I'm still wondering why DEAR JOHN didn't get a forum.
Originally posted by Vheid

I kind of agree on The Vow.... Considering that the entire premise was based on one of the most illogical movie/television cliche's...
Originally posted by Vits

And what about THE VOW, the worst reviewed release of the week?

I'm so gonna love it!
Originally posted by oiram

Trailer for Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World. What do you guys think?

LOL
Agreed.
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Here's a review for The Vow that's hilarious: http://www.reelviews.net/php_review_template.php?identifier=2421

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2012 at 12:16pm
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2012 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by jesse685

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Confused
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2012 at 12:53pm
That post I put then was my reaction to the idea of Heat being remade.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2012 at 2:22pm
You know it's not the HEAT?
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2012 at 5:06pm
I routinely forget there was a film (let alone multiple films) called Heat. I daresay films with titles under 5 characters are harder to remember than films with titles over 5 words. The article says it's a remake of Heat (1986), not Heat (1995). Because Heat '986 had no popularity to begin with, there's a slim chance of success, but I seriously doubt it'll earn any accolades.

Meanwhile, This Means War got its Fbr. 17 release date reinstated, and is winning 3 to 1 at Rotten T. I conclude that Spirit of Vengeance will probably be the only worst new film for next week. I remain confident there'll be lots of RAZZBerries to harvest in March and April though! 

Originally posted by Vits

You know it's not the HEAT? 
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Spt. 12: Dolphin Tale 2, Search Party. Spt. 19: The Maze Runner.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2012 at 5:47pm
Sorry, didn't notice it wasn't the '95 film they were remaking, it's just when I first looked at it, I thought it was that one.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2012 at 6:02pm
I saw the news on the remake of "Heat", but that's not the article in the Weekly Ketchup that's the most thought-provoking.  Dreamworks has announced plans to adapt Daphne du Maurier's novel "Rebecca" for the big screen.  Someone else famously adapted that novel and won two Oscars for it, but the news does not confirm that the upcoming film is a direct remake of that particular film.  Of course, I'm not sure anyone alive remembers that movie (unless they saw it on TCM). http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=86881

In other news, reports say that Razzie nominee Whitney Houston is dead.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: It is both shocking and sad when someone who had as much success as Houston did dies so young. For her most successful movie BODYGUARD (which also featured her most successful single "I Will Always Love You") Houston was nominated for 3 1992 RAZZIES®: Worst Actress, Worst New Star and, as one of its composers/lyricists, Worst Song for "Queen of the Night."  

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2012 at 6:19pm
My brother had a massive crush on Whitney Houston back in the '80s.  
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2012 at 9:05pm
I've got my next week of reviews sorted out. It's called Rob Liefeld week because Liefeld himself had a habbit of being late.

Sunday: 9 worst things about Bucky Larson
Monday: 9 worst things about New Year's Eve
Tuesday: No review, long day at school
Wednesday: Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
Thursday: Underworld: Awakening (maybe)
Friday: Shark Night 3D
Saturday: Alien 3 (special review)

If I'm unable to see Underworld 4 tomorrow, I'll find something to review.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2012 at 4:54am
No remake of Pacino/De Niro Heat and Oh sheesh!!! I knew Whitney was having problems, but I didn't think it was her time now! Well, she has one last movie, Sparkle coming out, and there's no use even putting her in the ballots even if it's as bad as one may expect. Whitney was good, and it's bad to see her go now. So long.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2012 at 6:39pm
The saddest aspect of the passing of Whitney Houston is that it was both seemingly inevitable and predictable given the downward spiral that her life has been on the past few years. I have commented before on the sweet deal that celebrities receive in our society, but I also have to note that in many ways, it can be a vicious double-edged sword that far too many people are not really equipped to handle. If Ms. Houston's situation were exceptional, we might actually be more shocked by stories of this nature, but there will likely be half a dozen similar sad tales this year alone.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I'm probably gonna catch a lot of flack for this comment but, here goes: Why is everyone acting as though Houston is a victim of anything but her own poor life choices? I keep hearing comparisons between Houston's fate and that of Judy Garland (who also died before she was 50). Houston was at the peek of her career when she made her own choice as a sentient adult to start playing around with drugs -- Garland was still a teen-ager when her studio bosses (with her mother's consent) started handing her fistfuls of "uppers and downers" so she could work a grueling production schedule and make them money.  Also, in the late 1930s (when Garland was first "medicated" by M-G-M) there was not nearly the wealth of information available about the dangers of drugs and the potential for addiction that was available to Houston when she first chose to "self-medicate." 

Yes, it is tragic when anyone dies too young -- But no, Whitney Houston is not a victim. She should instead be remembered at as a warning to others considering experimenting with addictive substances... 

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2012 at 8:43pm
Whitney Houston had so much talent. My taste in music is going to come into question for saying this, but my favorite song of hers was "My Love Is Your Love" (peaked in the 1999-2000 academic year). The only bad part was that for several months in early 1999, "Heartbreak Hotel [remake]" was played too many times on the radio stations my mom listened to. I find it sad but mostly scary how so many celebrities die from drugs. Something tells me that if I ever became a celebrity, I wouldn't do drugs because I'd be too afraid for my own health and life.

Her last film, Sparkle, is scheduled for this August. Though it looks similar to Joyful Noise in that it's about a choir, I have no idea if its reviews will be as bad as Joyful Noise. If Sparkle is worse, it can still be nominated, but just not for Whitney Houston in the acting categories, but that was never very likely to begin with.

In other news, This Means War was never reinstated to Fbr. 17. I think it was a clerical error on the part of the film industry and review websites. Now it's winning 3-1 at Rotten T. I guess there'll only be Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance this week. Whatever the case may be, we'll need some REALLY bad movies to compete against The Biggest Movie of All Time 3D.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Not to worry -- For more than 30 years, Hollywood has alwaze accommodated us when it comes to having the proverbial "embarrassment of riches" for RAZZIE® Consideration by year's end...  

Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Spt. 12: Dolphin Tale 2, Search Party. Spt. 19: The Maze Runner.
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2012 at 12:35am
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2012 at 9:14am
There may be some Razzie contenders in March, but I don't expect any of them to make a whole lot of money.  They are the victims of a plot:  http://black-march.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 113>