Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Forum Members' DISCUSSION of 2012 Releases List...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Here 'Tis...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 113>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here 'Tis...
    Posted: February 13 2012 at 9:49am
Last night, during the Grammys red carpet, Dave Grohl from The Foo Fighters announced his first film: a documentary called SOUND CITY about the music studio of the same name.

BURLESQUE lost Best Soundtrack to BOARDWALK EMPIRE, and just like NEVER SAY NEVER and WINNIE THE POOH, it lost Best Soundtrack Song to TANGLED. Also, THE KING'S SPEECH won Best Score Soundtrack.

Originally posted by HeadRAZZberry

Why is everyone acting as though Houston is a victim of anything but her own poor life choices?

A lot of people consider addictions to be a disease. I don't, but I understand why anyone would. Among those people, there's Judy Garland's daugther, who has declared being mad against the debate because "there shouldn't be a debate; how can you say I suffered all of that for lack of will?".
Originally posted by GTAHater767

My taste in music is going to come into question for saying this, but my favorite song of hers was "My Love Is Your Love" (peaked in the 1999-2000 academic year).

Sorry to be so predictable, but I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU has been on my MP3 for a long, long time.

I find it sad but mostly scary how so many celebrities die from drugs. Something tells me that if I ever became a celebrity, I wouldn't do drugs because I'd be too afraid for my own health and life.

I'm pretty sure most people already know that but still use them because... whatever reason. That's actually the most used arguement in the "Are addictions a disease?" debate: "Nobody would choose that life". I always say "Nobody chooses to be an addict, but they choose to perform the actions of drinking, smoking, etc.".

In other news, This Means War was never reinstated to Fbr. 17. I think it was a clerical error on the part of the film industry and review websites. Now it's winning 3-1 at Rotten T. I guess there'll only be Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance this week.

I think that, since GHOST RIDER 2 is an obvious choice, it should get a forum A.S.A.P., and then wait until the end of the week to give THIS MEANS WAR a forum. The director is the same of the Razzie nominee CHARLIE'S ANGELS 2, but it could end up being silly fun.
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

There may be some Razzie contenders in March, but I don't expect any of them to make a whole lot of money.  They are the victims of a plot:  http://black-march.com/

Film critic Jeremy Jahns* said it best: "You wouldn't set your house on fire just because there's an ant infestation". I think there has to be one media without any censorship, not more nor less.

*Speaking of him:

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2012 at 11:07am

This week is gonna be Ghost Rider Spirit of Vegenace, but to fair I'm interested in seeing it (as is my friend Tom who loved the first).

I have no doubt it's opening weekend will be 30 - t (most likely top).
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2012 at 2:23pm
I just went to the movies and saw WAR HORSE. It deserves most of the technical Oscars it's up for... and that's about it.LOL
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2012 at 5:52pm
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2012 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Vits

I just went to the movies and saw WAR HORSE. It deserves most of the technical Oscars it's up for... and that's about it.LOL

What? I thought it was very emotional and well acted.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2012 at 8:02pm
I liked War Horse too.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2012 at 10:37pm
Agreed...Houston most definitely was not a victim, except perhaps of her own unfortunate choices. But it is becoming an all too familiar story among those whom we elevate to the status of celebrity that simply can't deal with the keys to the candy store (I hope Ms. Lohan is paying attention!).

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I'm probably gonna catch a lot of flack for this comment but, here goes: Why is everyone acting as though Houston is a victim of anything but her own poor life choices? I keep hearing comparisons between Houston's fate and that of Judy Garland (who also died before she was 50). Houston was at the peek of her career when she made her own choice as a sentient adult to start playing around with drugs -- Garland was still a teen-ager when her studio bosses (with her mother's consent) started handing her fistfuls of "uppers and downers" so she could work a grueling production schedule and make them money.  Also, in the late 1930s (when Garland was first "medicated" by M-G-M) there was not nearly the wealth of information available about the dangers of drugs and the potential for addiction that was available to Houston when she first chose to "self-medicate." 

Yes, it is tragic when anyone dies too young -- But no, Whitney Houston is not a victim. She should instead be remembered at as a warning to others considering experimenting with addictive substances...

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2012 at 6:25am
I propose we make 'This Means War' a Bonus Worst New Movie of the Weak.  Here's why: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/this-means-war-review-reese-witherspoon-tom-hardy-chris-pine-288685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2012 at 6:55am
It was announced that TRANSFORMERS 4 will be a reboot... except it won't be. Michael Bay doesn't seem to know the definition. He said the story will continue with different characters. That would be a spin-off, except the different characters wil more likely be humans while the TRANSFORMERS will be the same ones. So... it'll be just another sequel.
Originally posted by whatsthepoint

What? I thought it was very emotional and well acted.

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

I liked War Horse too.

LOL
Yeah, I figured it would come off as me disliking the movie. I didn't, but I didn't really liked it either. Emotional? At times. Well acted? It's hard to notice when they cast mostly unknown actors so we can focus on the horse.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2012 at 9:46am
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2012 at 10:44am
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

I propose we make 'This Means War' a Bonus Worst New Movie of the Weak.  Here's why: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/this-means-war-review-reese-witherspoon-tom-hardy-chris-pine-288685

So one review?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2012 at 11:00am
I think Miguel posted that review because it said that it should be considered for the Razzies.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2012 at 11:23am

Yes, but it's one review. One stinkin review!!!
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2012 at 1:24pm
Maybe I should read that Abe Lincoln Vampire-hunter book to get in the mood. I've been excited for the trailer for so long, but that looks so pretentious.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2012 at 3:39pm
Here's another review to back up my case for 'This Means War':  http://newyork.timeout.com/arts-culture/film/2650495/review-this-means-war
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 6:07am

So a good number of bad reviews. Doesn't mean it belongs to the Razzies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 113>