Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Forum Members' DISCUSSION of 2012 Releases List...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Here 'Tis...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 113>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here 'Tis...
    Posted: February 15 2012 at 9:11am
As far as I can tell, I don't think "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance" is being screened in advance for critics.  Also according to advancescreenings.com, all of the advance screenings for this movie take place tomorrow.  This is definitely getting a subforum.  Here are two more reasons why "This Means War" should also get a subforum:

As of right now, "This Means War" has a Metascore of 25 and a Tomatometer rating of 26%.  In noteworthy reviews for this film, The Hollywood Reporter mentioned raspberries as in awards, Time Out New York compared its director to Michael Bay, and the two reviews above gave it zero stars.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 9:44am
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 11:18am
My guess is that the winner of that award for Worst Movie of the Year will either be 'Jack and Jill' or 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1'.  It may come down to those two at the Razzies as well.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by oiram

Guess what trailer came out today?

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2012 at 5:12pm
I'm beginning to question my taste. I watched The Iron Lady today and I thought it was OK. I gave it a B-.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2012 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

I'm beginning to question my taste. I watched The Iron Lady today and I thought it was OK. I gave it a B-.
Fear not...it wasn't a terrible movie by any stretch of the imagination.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2012 at 5:19am
Sooo..... Ghost Rider turned out to be WORSE than This Means War, so Headrazz was right on the mark there. Anyways, here are the next four films coming out. I'm wondering which one he'll choose (Since it's four, it seems likely it'll be a two forum deal.):

Act of Valor: A movie that promotes the fact that they have Active Duty Navy SEALs working in it. I guess that's cool, but that wouldn't matter if the script and directing is *bleep* As far as I know, the directors, writers, and actors are newbies filmwise, so that could make or break the film.

Gone: Amanda Seyfried somehow managed to dodge that deadly bullet last year, but will this film make up for it? This is apparently the Director's American debut, and the other actors you might have seen before but are not necessarily household names. The premise sounds sorta "been there, done that", but there might be something more, who knows now?

Good Deeds: Yep, that Perry is at it again, though without drag this time. This may sound over the top, but I wouldn't be surprised if Perry originally wanted this to be an Oscar contender, but then the distributers said "No freaking way this will make it! Move it to Feb." Razzie nomines Thandie Newton, Rebecca Romjin, and Jamie Kennedy are shoved into this as well. Oh, and just a reminder, Perry Writing, Directing and Producing wise is also doing Marriage Counselor which will feature Kim Kardashian in an actual role (no, that's not a joke). Acting wise, Perry is gonna star in Alex Cross, directed by the man who gave us such classics like xXx, Stealth, and The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor... Oh wait.

Wanderlust: Could be funny. Could be something different for Aniston, but it seems that it could easily go the other direction. David Wain (Writer and Director) and Ken Marino's (Writer and Actor) last film did pretty well both crictically and financially, so could be better than one may think, don't know. Oh, by the way, David and Ken are also part of the writing team for that new Adam Sandler comedy, now being titled That's My Boy.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2012 at 8:48am
I think that Wanderlust will be good because of Wain and Marino.
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2012 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

I think that Wanderlust will be good because of Wain and Marino.

I kinda agree, since I liked Role Models, but I'm not sure about Wanderlust.
Pictures move, do they?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2012 at 7:41pm
Apparently, a lot of famous people don't care for the Razzies. Otherwise, why wouldn't they all accept them??  
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2012 at 10:55pm
Here are my thought on this week's releases:

Wanderlust - This film looks like it has a decent cast (Paul Rudd, Jennifer Aniston, Malin Akerman, Alan Alda, etc.).  It's made by two of the guys behind "Role Models" (also starring Paul Rudd).  There's promise in this film, but will it live up to whatever hype it has?

Act of Valor - I don't know any of the people associated with this film.  The advertisements say that the people starring in this movie are actual military officers.  We know they have military experience and in some cases, that enhances acting ability, but how will critics take it?

Gone - It stars Amanda Seyfried (who didn't make the nominating ballot after appearing in her worst film), Daniel Sunjata (who is already up for Worst Supporting Actor for his appearance in "One for the Money"), Wes Bentley (who could be up for Worst Supporting Actor for his appearance in "The Hunger Games"), and Joel David Moore (who won a Razzie Award for Worst Screen Couple in 2009).  It's screenwriter is already up for consideration for "Underworld: Awakening".  Of the films coming out this week, I think this one is the most likely to get Razzed.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2012 at 11:38pm
If this article* is to be believed, Uwe Boll is a bigger asshole than we could have imagined!

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2012 at 12:38pm
Miguel, Wes Bentley was in Underworld: Awakening for about a minute and a half, so he could be a triple nominee.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2012 at 7:38pm
I understand The Hunger Games has been hyped to lofty expectations it probably can't live up to... but I don't understand why at least 3 of us are SO sure it's bound to get panned by critics. Can anyone explain?

Neither Wanderlust nor Gone have any reviews yet, but Wanderlust just got a RAZZberry Pink title in the List of Eligible Titles. I doubt either one will get positive reviews, but we should probably wait another day and a half before posting a forum for either of them.

And if my intuition is right that Gone will fail, I'd expect it to be nominated for Worst Actor for Daniel Sunjata because we just saw One For the Money crash less than a month ago, with an approval rating within a 2% range of difference from Jack and Jill!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2012 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

I understand The Hunger Games has been hyped to lofty expectations it probably can't live up to... but I don't understand why at least 3 of us are SO sure it's bound to get panned by critics. Can anyone explain?

A lot of people have said it will be the next TWILIGHT.
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Neither Wanderlust nor Gone have any reviews yet, but Wanderlust just got a RAZZberry Pink title in the List of Eligible Titles. I doubt either one will get positive reviews, but we should probably wait another day and a half before posting a forum for either of them.

I don't know. Even if it gets negative reviews, WANDERLUST doesn't seem like an obvious contender.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2012 at 8:17pm
Richard Roeper gave his predictions for the Oscars. Personally, I'll wait until Saturday (or even Sunday), because I'll try to see at least one more nominee this week. But if anyone here wants to post them now, go ahead.

On a similar note, I was about to ask SchumacherH8ter to post his list of the best movies (since the other day he posted the worst), but then I remember months ago when he said he had his own version of the Oscars. Or is the same thing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 113>