Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Forum Members' DISCUSSION of 2012 Releases List...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Here 'Tis...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 113>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here 'Tis...
    Posted: April 13 2012 at 6:22pm
LOOPER is a film by Rian Johnson. After seeing his previous movies, I can say he should direct movies and write movies, but not both things at the same time.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2012 at 6:33pm
Brick was an awesome movie and The Brothers Bloom and that episode of Breaking Bad he directed were noble failures, so I think that Rian Johnson should write and direct at the same time. He's not like M. Night Shamwow, who should only direct. I just re-watched Signs on Chiller and there's a lot of greatly directed scenes in it like when Mel Gibson's character puts the knife under the pantry-door. It's his writing that brings him down.

To get back on topic, I saw the Looper trailer before Cabin In The Woods*, and I want to see it badly!

*Grade: B+
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2012 at 7:04pm
Dan Patrick confirmed on his show yesterday that he has received a script for, and will have a role in Adam Sandler's Grown Ups 2. Evidently, Sandler is just begging for another Razzie next year, and Patrick just might be looking for a nice Razzie to sit alongside his Emmy. Shaquille O'Neal will also have a major role in the film.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2012 at 7:22pm
Is Sandler gunning for Stallone's record?
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2012 at 10:13pm
Here's this week's R.T. Weekly Ketchup and the #4 Rotten Idea of the Week is sure-bound to p*** me off. However, I think hearing that Ben Kingsley will be Iron Man 3's villain makes me pretty excited though.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2012 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by jesse685

Here's this week's R.T. Weekly Ketchup and the #4 Rotten Idea of the Week is sure-bound to p*** me off. However, I think hearing that Ben Kingsley will be Iron Man 3's villain makes me pretty excited though.
If you ask me, making a Need for Speed film that's distinct from The Fast and the Furious and Death Race 2000, let alone a good film, is impossible. Do any of you remember Driven (#4 on the Bottom 40 Films of 2001)? I daresay there's modest chances this Need For Speed film will be worse. I hope one day a video game movie can get universal acclaim and multiple award nominations. But at this point it seems like a pipe dream.

Lore looks to have a lot of RAZZIE pedigree. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, last I remember, starred in Tooth Fairy (Bottom 40 Films of 2010, #28).

Robert Luketic again? Monster-In-Law, The Ugly Truth, and Killers were abysmal, and now he's trying to direct an espionage thriller. I can't believe one of the stars of The Hunger Games has sunk to this!

And now Sabrina the Teenage Witch is being made into a FOURTH animated series? "Twilight Meets Buffy" is THE most overused description of any film, show, or book since the autumn of 2008. Why don't they retire that phrase?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2012 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Dan Patrick confirmed on his show yesterday that he has received a script for, and will have a role in Adam Sandler's Grown Ups 2. Evidently, Sandler is just begging for another Razzie next year, and Patrick just might be looking for a nice Razzie to sit alongside his Emmy.
I didn't talk about it when it happened because I thought you wouldn't care, but now it's part of this discussion. You see, Sandler won the Kids Choice Award for Favorite Movie Actor for JACK & JILL... the same night he won the Razzies. Guess which award he cares about.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2012 at 1:18pm
Out of curiousity, who actually votes for the Kid's Choice Awards? Actual kids or adults who vote for what they think kids like?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2012 at 1:23pm
Frankly, I would think that winning a Kid's Choice Award for Favorite Movie Actor would be a dubious distinction ranking right up there with playing for the '69 Cubs. LOL
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2012 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Out of curiousity, who actually votes for the Kid's Choice Awards?
I'm an adult who votes for what I like. If you look at the nominees, you'll see that they can be enjoyed by adults as well (not all of them*).

Out of curiousity, who actually votes for the Kid's Choice Awards? Actual kids or adults who vote for what they think kids like?
I doubt someone would spend time voting for an award show based on what someone else likes. And of course kids vote. The results may be shocking, but watching the ceremony I noticed how loud the applauses and cheerings for Sandler were.

*The entire ALVIN & THE CHIPMUNKS trilogy has won Favorite Movie.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2012 at 2:15pm

Here's this week's R.T. Weekly Ketchup and the #4 Rotten Idea of the Week is sure-bound to p*** me off.
Aside from BATTLESHIP, how many movies based on non-narrative video-games are there? I'm asking to see how to compare.

As for the other news:
-I've read some jokes about how SAVING MR. BANKS will be historicall inacurate for portraying Disney as a non-nazi.
LOL
-So Dwayne Johnson will keep switching from Action Movies to Family Movies? I just hope he picks a good one more often.

However, I think hearing that Ben Kingsley will be Iron Man 3's villain makes me pretty excited though.
If there has to be a third one, I guess this is good news.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2012 at 2:22pm

To get back on topic, I saw the Looper trailer before Cabin In The Woods*, and I want to see it badly!
I don't know. I think Looper looks sooooo cheesy, and the way JGL looks is artificial.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2012 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Vits

Out of curiousity, who actually votes for the Kid's Choice Awards?
I'm an adult who votes for what I like. If you look at the nominees, you'll see that they can be enjoyed by adults as well (not all of them*).

I doubt someone would spend time voting for an award show based on what someone else likes. And of course kids vote. The results may be shocking, but watching the ceremony I noticed how loud the applauses and cheerings for Sandler were.

*The entire ALVIN & THE CHIPMUNKS trilogy has won Favorite Movie.
The voting is done via the internet, texting and phone apps, so while the intended voting base is children, it is nearly impossible to prevent anyone from voting that wants to do so. So it isn't all that difficult to imagine that studios and even actors themselves can have a pretty signficant impact on the results by lobbying friends and coworkers. Like most awards shows, actual voting tallies are never released so the integrity issue is a reasonable question. We know how many Razzie and AMPAS voters there are, but there is no way to regulate a system like this one, nor is there any way of knowing whether the winners are getting 50,000 votes or 6. As for Vits observation that there was loud applause and cheering for Sandler, again, we have know way of knowing who was really in the audience. There is the famed story of how J.M. Barrie seeded his audience for the first few performances of Peter Pan with children from orphanages...it is probably true...and we can certainly be suspicious that friendly audiences are on hand in a situation like this as well.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2012 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

I don't know. I think Looper looks sooooo cheesy, and the way JGL looks is artificial.
They made him look like a young Bruce Willis.
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

As for Vits observation that there was loud applause and cheering for Sandler, again, we have know way of knowing who was really in the audience. There is the famed story of how J.M. Barrie seeded his audience for the first few performances of Peter Pan with children from orphanages...it is probably true...and we can certainly be suspicious that friendly audiences are on hand in a situation like this as well.
Well, I only saw kids and the nominees. And also Chris Tucker. Seriously, he smiled to the camera. I remember because it was too bizarre to forget. I was like "What is he doing here?" and "He's still alive?!".
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2012 at 7:02am
Originally posted by Vits

Well, I only saw kids and the nominees. And also Chris Tucker.
Which kind of makes my point...a bunch of parents in SoCal just dropped their kids off at the theater to attend this event unsupervised? I don't think so. My gut feeling is that the people who put this thing on not only knew who was in the audience, but probably hand selected most of them.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2012 at 10:35am
What makes Wrath of the Titans so popular overseas?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 113>