Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Forum Members' DISCUSSION of 2012 Releases List...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Here 'Tis...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495 113>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here 'Tis...
    Posted: October 26 2012 at 7:43am
Yeah, but even ignoring those issues, this still has the problem of being the FIFTH DIE HARD MOVIE!!! Do we really need another one?!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As someone who thoroughly enjoyed three of the four previous DIE HARD movies (the second one was the "dud-liest" of them all so far) I would argue that this particular franchise has earned the right to keep going, as long as the films continue to be entertaining and, as Hollywood honchos care most about, they continue to be profitable...  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2012 at 10:58am
Maybe it's too soon, but I'd like to talk about next week, because I think FUN SIZE could be the Worst Leftover Movie. The only big releases without early reviews* are WRECK-IT RALPH and THE MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS. I really don't know if they'll be good or bad. I had also put my eye on VAMPS (because of its cast and crew, aside from its concept), but it'll have a limited release.

*FLIGHT and THIS MUST BE THE PLACE have been getting very good reviews so far.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2012 at 11:18am
I'm looking more towards Man With the Irons Fists. I noticed in the trailers that the actual Man With the Iron Fists doesn't appear that much. Not sure what that says about the film. Plus it's directed by this rapper guy, so again a little iffy on this. I'd say wait for the reviews though.  

Oh, and wanna talk about leftovers? Chasing Mavericks, even though I said it did not look to be too bad, turned out to be a horribly put together film, which is shocking considering that the man who helped direct this was Curtis Hanson (who previously did 8 Mile, Wonder Boys, and LA Confidential). Maybe it should be chosen because it should have been so much better!  

But, if you don't wanna do a leftover, and there are no choices to be found, then I'd suggest doing another poll. Haven't had one of those in a while.

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

As someone who thoroughly enjoyed three of the four previous DIE HARD movies (the second one was the "dud-liest" of them all so far) I would argue that this particular franchise has earned the right to keep going, as long as the films continue to be entertaining and, as Hollywood honchos care most about, they continue to be profitable...

Yeah, well last I checked, this newest Die Hard movie is going to feature John McClane's son. If Indiana Jones could not make it work, I doubt Die Hard will.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2012 at 11:56am
Are you sure? Because FUN SIZE has worse reviews, and more important, it has bigger chances to be nominated (Chelsea Handler).

Originally posted by oiram

Oh, and wanna talk about leftovers? Chasing Mavericks, even though I said it did not look to be too bad, turned out to be a horribly put together film, whicvh is shocking considering that the man who helped directed this was Curtis Hanson, whom previously did 8 Mile, Wonder Boys, and LA Confidential. That should be chosen because that sould have been so much better.

Well, Halloween is next week, so...  

Originally posted by oiram

But, if you don't wanna do a leftover, and there are no choices to be found, then I'd suggest doing anothr poll. Haven't had one of those in a while.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2012 at 12:04pm
The month of November doesn't look very favorable for Razzie prospects.  "Wreck-It Ralph", "Flight", "Skyfall", "Silver Linings Playbook", and "Killing Them Softly" are not likely to be contenders.  Here are some possible entries:

The Man with the Iron Fists - This movie stars Russell Crowe and Lucy Liu, but its director's last film was a critically panned movie called "Derailed".

Vamps - Despite being in limited release, it stars Alicia Silverstone, Sigourney Weaver, Justin Kirk, and Malcolm McDowell.  If it achieves some degree of notoriety, then they may get some acting nods.

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 - There are a number of questions surrounding this movie's Razzie status: Is this franchise's popularity beginning to wane?  Are people beginning to see just how bad it is?  Should we give this franchise a proper exit?  Only one thing's for sure: If the past is any indication, then this movie's is going to score a bunch of Razzie nominations no matter how hard its fans try to defend it.

Red Dawn - Nobody's gonna have the time of their life seeing this movie.  I wouldn't want this to be my regular Saturday night thing.  It would take the work of a ghost to make me see this movie.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2012 at 12:43pm
Miguel -- RZA did not direct Derailed.  

Also, from the posts that HeadRAZZ has made in the past few weeks, he might consider Lincoln and/or Hitchcock as possible Razzie contenders.  

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2012 at 7:28pm

Man, found the trailer for So Undercover, and its like they're not even TRYING to hide the fact that it looks like a made for TV movie. Too bad it is likely to end up like LOL and not get the release tha it needs to be eligible.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2012 at 7:44pm
I'm back from Cloud Atlas and it was AMAZING!!!! I'm gonna need to see it a couple more times.

It was so great, that I can't bear to be negative for the rest of the day, so no reviews till tomorrow. But, I have an awesome idea for tomorrow: a triple review!!! I'll review Blair Witch 2, Jaws 3-D, and Jason Goes To Hell in one sitting. If you're wondering why I didn't review the first one last night, my internet connection was acting screwy and I was feeling tired.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2012 at 9:32pm
November also features the World Premiere of The Hobbit, and man, I cannot wait. I did a LOTR location tour all across New Zealand a while ago, and on the Hobbiton set there were props added for the movie, like a swing on the Party Tree or bee hives. I want to try and spot these items while watching it. Additionally we were able to watch them doing a scene in front of a giant green screen at the Wellington Studios. I doubt I would recognize it in the movie though.

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 - There are a number of questions surrounding this movie's Razzie status: Is this franchise's popularity beginning to wane?  Are people beginning to see just how bad it is?  Should we give this franchise a proper exit?  Only one thing's for sure: If the past is any indication, then this movie's is going to score a bunch of Razzie nominations no matter how hard its fans try to defend it.

Unfortunately, it's almost time to discuss it. I have successfully avoided the trailers so far, and can't make myself to watch them until next week. But I'm certain, it will be laughable anyways.
And also, over the past three months, whenever I wanted to buy a newspaper, I saw their blank stares from the cover of some magazine, and I f**king HATE it if I can't avoid something even if I try. I can't wait until this retarted franchise is dead and done and those tabloid fodder clowns fade into obscurity.
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2012 at 10:32am

Can't get enough of this face? Ridiculous 6. Coming to you in 2014.
http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/adam-sandlers-next-ridiculous-6/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2012 at 2:54pm
Here's my reaction to that Adam Sandler story. http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2012 at 11:14am
Got some big news: due to Hurricane Sandy, Le Moyne is going to be closed tomorrow. That means there's no classes. To celebrate, I'll review TWO Nightmare On Elm Street films today. In addition to Freddy's Dead, I'll do Dream Child as well.
(Edit: assuming my power stays on.)
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2012 at 2:22pm
Disney has brought Lucasfilms for $4.05 Billion.

Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2012 at 2:47pm
I actually kinda like that Lucasfilm was bought by Disney, but damnit, Disney sure is owning a WHOLE lot lately!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I heard on NPR that almost the moment the ink was dry on the deal. Dizz-Knee announced there will be a 7th STAR WARS movie (and maybe more). Also, when you consider that just the 6 STAR WARS films Lucas has made so far have grossed about 5 billion worldwide (B.O. MoJo LINK) I think that at a mere 4+ billion bux for the whole kit-and-kaboodle, Lucas made a berry bone-headed deal... 

Pictures move, do they?
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2012 at 10:06pm
I'm still not over the disappointment that was that childish Episode One movie. I don't want to hear any more about "Ani", see any more bad directing or any more bad acting from Hayden Christensen, or hear about people who die of broken hearts

If another Star Wars episode has to happen, hopefully it will be a better movie. Not that it matters --it's going to make a gazillion dollars anyway.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2012 at 4:35am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495 113>