Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Forum Members' DISCUSSION of 2012 Releases List...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Here 'Tis...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 113>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here 'Tis...
    Posted: November 18 2012 at 6:59am
Originally posted by Vheid

I havn't been here for a while... So maybe this is already mentioned somewere... But they are planning on making Rambo IV and Casablanca 2...

Pictures move, do they?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2012 at 8:27am
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

If Spielberg is hoping for another Oscar, I think this isn't going to bring it to him.
An Oscar baiter that gets the 90% score it was after? Sorry, but it will be nominated.

I havn't been here for a while... So maybe this is already mentioned somewere... But they are planning on making Rambo IV and Casablanca 2...
1) So Stallone changes his mind about making a fifth RAMBO? What has changed in the last couple of years? Oh, right. With both EXPENDABLES movies, he realized that his movies can still be box office hits.
2) They already tried to make a CASABLANCA sequel decades ago, and they failed. What's the point now? It won't be a big hit because the younger generations probably haven't seen the first one. Oh, and something else. What was it? Right! Why... the... f*ck... would... they... continue... the... story?!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2012 at 10:14am
In think Vheid meant Rambo V -- They already made Rambo IV...it was called Rambo.

Casablanca 2?... How in the... *shoots self*

I havn't been here for a while... So maybe this is already mentioned somewere... But they are planning on making Rambo IV and Casablanca 2...

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2012 at 4:37pm
Lincoln was really good. Daniel Day-Lewis is probably going to win another Oscar. Grade: A

As for Casablanca 2, here's my reaction to it... in gif form!

Donald Sutherland pointing (Invasion of the Body Snatchers)
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2012 at 8:56am
Hedz Up from Head RAZZberry: The new Forum Discussion for the coming Turkey Day weekend will be focused on our Worst Picture choices for 2012 (of which, despite some recent "disappointed" postings, there are plenty!). I hope to have it up-and-running by late Tuesday night, Pacific Time, at the latest...

The remake of RED DAWN, set to open over this coming weekend, may wind up being our Worst of the Weak discussion for the following week -- Depending on whether it's a faithfully fetid "re-imagining" of what was one of the 1980s' hokiest, hoariest right-wing propaganda movies...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2012 at 9:49am
Yeah, and I doubt that whatever list you come up with will get updated because the movies yet to come do not seem to be too deserving of Worst Picture (Unless Les Miserables fails miserably)

I also sincerely hope that Oogieloves is not forgotten.

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

Hedz Up from Head RAZZberry: The new Forum Discussion for the coming Turkey Day weekend will be focused on our Worst Picture choices for 2012 (of which, despite some recent "disappointed" postings, there are plenty!). I hope to have it up-and-running by late Tuesday night, Pacific Time, at the latest...

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2012 at 2:39pm
I think that there should be 2 more polls: one for Worst Supp. Actor & Actress, and another for Worst Couple & Ensemble. I know there was already one for Ensemble, but that was months ago.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: A combined poll/discussion for Worst Supporting Actor/Worst Supporting Actress is a distinct possibility. The other category likely to get its own discussion is one of this year's most crowded: Worst Remake/Ripoff/Sequel. As for Worst Couple/Ensemble, I would consider "re-promoting" the one that's already up some time between now and the end of the year. For those interested, here's the LINK to join that discussion, which first posted last August, and included a Poll as well (LINK)...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2012 at 7:58am
The other big release this week is Ang Lee's LIFE OF PI, which is getting very good reviews. What's funny is that it probably would've been considered the Worst Movie of the Week if it had been made by the first director attached to the project: M. Night Shyamalan. That's right. He turned it down because the story has a twist ending.

Edit: There's also HITCHCOCK, also getting good reviews.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2012 at 3:21pm
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2012 at 9:22pm
Since, under present AMPAS rules, anywhere between 5 and 10 movies will ultimately be nominated  the positive critical response alone will almost certainly garner Lincoln a nomination. However, being nominated and winning are two related (but ultimately different) propositions. 

I stand by my original statement: I don't think the film has any realistic chance of winning Best Picture.

Originally posted by Vits

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

If Spielberg is hoping for another Oscar, I think this isn't going to bring it to him.
An Oscar baiter that gets the 90% score it was after? Sorry, but it will be nominated.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2012 at 5:33am
So what do you think will win, saturnwatcher?

Also, teaser for Smurfs 2 (yes, it is happening) and second trailer for Parental Guidance. (Am I the only one that thinks that this is ripping off the Steve Martin movie, Parenthood?)

Finally, trailer for Now You See Me, from the director of the Clash of the Titans remake.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2012 at 6:58am
I'm kind of looking forward to Now You See Me. The trailer looked decent, and the cast is good. As for Louis Leterrier, Clash Of The Titans was meddled with in post-production.* Before Clash, he directed The Incredible Hulk (which was pretty good) and Transporter 2 (which was good mindless fun).  

*http://www.chud.com/23299/by-zeus-the-version-of-clash-of-the-titans-you-didnt-see/  
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2012 at 7:41am
Wow! There's already a consensus on at least one new release -- RED DAWN's reviews at R.T. are s-o-o-o-o bad!
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2012 at 8:42am
Considering that at least 2 of the rumored strongest contenders haven't been released yet, predictions for Best Picture are a bit difficult. However, Argo and Silver Linings Playbook both have higher ratings at RT than Lincoln does. I think both of them will be nominated as well.  

Originally posted by oiram

So what do you think will win, saturnwatcher?

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2012 at 11:27am
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2012 at 11:44am
I'm wondering what Traver's thoughts were when he learned that Paranormal Activity 5 is in the works.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 113>