Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Forum Members' DISCUSSION of 2012 Releases List...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Here 'Tis...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102103104 113>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here 'Tis...
    Posted: December 07 2012 at 7:05am
Update time!:

WORST PICTURE

Atlas Shrugged: Part II

Battleship

The Devil Inside

The Expendables 2

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Madea's Witness Protection

The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure

One for the Money

That's My Boy

A Thousand Words

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

Wrath of the Titans

WORST DIRECTOR

Sean Anders/That's My Boy

William Brent Bell/The Devil Inside

Peter Berg/Battleship

Bill Condon/The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

Matthew Diamond/The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure

Johnathan Liebesman/Wrath of the Titans

Neveldine/Taylor/Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Tyler Perry/Good Deeds and Madea's Witness Protection

John Puck/Atlas Shugged: Part II

Brian Robbins/A Thousand Words

Julie Anne Robinson/One for the Money

Andrew Stanton/John Carter

Simon West/The Expendables 2 and Stolen

WORST ACTOR

Gerard Butler/Chasing Mavericks and Playing for Keeps

Nicolas Cage/Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, Seeking Justice, and Stolen

John Cusack/The Raven

Colin Farrell/Total Recall

Taylor Kitsch/Battleship, John Carter, and Savages

Kevin Kline/Darling Companion

Taylor Lautner/The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

Eddie Murphy/A Thousand Words

Liam Neeson/Taken 2

Robert Pattinson/Bel Ami and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

Tyler Perry/Alex Cross and Good Deeds

Adam Sandler/Hotel Transylvania and That's My Boy

Sylvester Stallone/The Expendables 2

Benjamin Walker/Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Sam Worthington/Man on a Ledge and Wrath of the Titans

WORST ACTRESS

Kate Beckinsale/Contraband, Total Recall, and Underworld: Awakening

Jessica Biel/Playing for Keeps and Total Recall

Maggie Grace/Lockout, Taken 2, and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

Ashley Greene/The Apparition and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

Katherine Heigl/One for the Money

Kate Hudson/A Little Bit of Heaven

Milla Jovovich/Resident Evil: Retribution

Diane Keaton/Darling Companion

Jennifer Lawrence/House at the End of the Street

Samantha Mathis/Atlas Shrugged Part II

Tyler Perry as Madea/Madea's Witness Protection

Amanda Seyfried/Gone

Kristen Stewart/Snow White and the Huntsman and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Gary Busey/Piranha 3DD

Idris Elba/Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Ralph Fiennes/Wrath of the Titans

Matthew Fox/Alex Cross

David Hasselhoff/Piranha 3DD

Ciarán Hinds/Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance and John Carter

Eugene Levy/American Reunion and Madea's Witness Protection

Liam Neeson/Battleship and Wrath of the Titans

Jason O’Mara/One for the Money

Arnold Schwarzenegger/The Expendables 2

Alexander Skarsgĺrd/Battleship

Daniel Sunjata/Gone and One for the Money

Nick Swardson/That's My Boy

Jean-Claude Van Damme/The Expendables 2

Milo Ventimiglia/That's My Boy

Bruce Willis/The Cold Light of Day and The Expendables 2

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Elizabeth Banks/Man on a Ledge

Larry David/The Three Stooges

Brooklyn Decker/Battleship

Whoopi Goldberg/A Little Bit of Heaven

Famke Janssen/Taken 2

Leighton Meester/That's My Boy

Debbie Reynolds/One for the Money

Rihanna/Battleship

Susan Sarandon/That's My Boy

Sofia Vergara/The Three Stooges

Kerry Washington/A Thousand Words

Sigourney Weaver/The Cold Light of Day, Red Lights, and Vamps

Dianne Wiest/Darling Companion and The Odd Life of Timothy Green

Mary Elizabeth Winstead/Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

WORST SCREENPLAY

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Battleship

The Devil Inside

The Expendables 2

John Carter

The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure

One for the Money

That's My Boy

A Thousand Words

What to Expect When You’re Expecting

Wrath of the Titans

WORST SCREEN COUPLE

Any combination of any Jersey Shore cast member/The Three Stooges

Any combination of any two juiced up, testosterone filled, ego-inflated, 60-to-80-year-old "action actors"/The Expendables 2

Any combination of any two or more Oogieloves or lesser known actors embarrassing themselves/The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure

Gerard Butler and either Jessica Biel, Judy Greer, Uma Thurman, or Catherine Zeta-Jones/Playing for Keeps

Nicolas Cage and his Demon Motorcycle/Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Katherine Heigl and either Jason O’Mara, Daniel Sunjata or her high heels/One for the Money

Taylor Kitsch and either Lynn Collins/John Carter, Brooklyn Decker/Battleship, or Blake Lively/Savages

Eddie Murphy and anyone annoyed by or over-reacting to his miming/A Thousand Words

Tyler Perry as Madea and either Tyler Perry as Brian or Tyler Perry as Joe/Madea's Witness Protection

Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg/That's My Boy

Kristen Stewart and either Taylor Lautner or Robert Pattinson/The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

Sam Worthington and either Elizabeth Banks/Man on a Ledge or Rosamund Pike/Wrath of the Titans

WORST SCREEN ENSEMBLE

Entire Cast of Atlas Shrugged: Part II

Entire Cast of Battleship

Entire Cast of Darling Companion

Entire Cast of The Devil Inside

Entire Cast of The Expendables 2

Entire Cast of Madea's Witness Protection

Entire Cast of The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure

Entire Cast of That's My Boy

Entire Cast of A Thousand Words

Entire Cast of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

Entire Cast of What to Expect When You’re Expecting

Entire Cast of Wrath of the Titans

WORST REMAKE or RIP-OFF

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Battleship (Rip-off of Transformers)

The Devil Inside (Rip-off of The Last Exorcism)

John Carter (Rip-off of Avatar and Star Wars)

Madea's Witness Protection (Rip-off of Witless Protection and Witness)

One for the Money (Rip-off of The Bounty Hunter)

Red Dawn

The Three Stooges

Total Recall

What to Expect When You’re Expecting (Rip-off of The Back-up Plan and Bridesmaids)

WORST PREQUEL OR SEQUEL

The Expendables 2

Piranha 3DD

Resident Evil: Retribution

Silent Hill Revelations 3D

Step Up Revolution

Taken 2

Underworld: Awakening

Wrath of the Titans
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2012 at 7:47am
People are certainly free to post whatever they wish here, but I get rather weary of seeing lengthy lists of just about everything that has a chance of getting nominated in various categories. It would be much more interesting if people narrowed it down to maybe 3 or 4 nominees in the various categories that they believe should win along with a short explanation of why that particular nominee is worthy.   
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2012 at 8:14am
I would have loved to see Miley Cyrus for WA and Demi Moore for WSA getting a nomination this year. Somebody please clarify for me, are they eligible for LOL? I know we had a discussion, but I can't remember where and I couldn't find anything in the member started forum. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: We follow the sames "Rules of Eligibility" as the Academy does and, unfortunately, LOL (aka The Miley/Demi Movie) having never been released theatrically in either L.A. or NYC, is among a handful of 2012 titles that are not eligible for technical reasons. Another ineligible title getting a lot of mention  is Robert Pattinson in BEL AMI (which is "disqualified" because it debuted on pay-per-view prior to showing up in theatres). Here's a LINK to our Complete List of Eligibile Releases for 2012 (which, as of today, totals 691 titles!). In the text at the top of the list, you  can read the rules for any film to qualify for both  RAZZIE® (and Oscar®) consideration... 

The Larch View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2012 at 9:21am
FYC: Robert DeNiro deserves SERIOUS Razzie consideration for his Hormel-esque Pig performance in Red Lights (much more than the aforementioned Sigourney Weaver)...
FYC: WORST Acting Performances of 2014 include: Johnny Depp (X2), Kevin Costner (X2), Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Seth MacFartlane, Paul Giamatti, Rob Reiner, Dan Aykroyd (X2), and YES Shaliane Wooden!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2012 at 11:16am
Saturnwatcher: That version of my list is coming soon...  
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

People are certainly free to post whatever they wish here, but I get rather weary of seeing lengthy lists of just about everything that has a chance of getting nominated in various categories. It would be much more interesting if people narrowed it down to maybe 3 or 4 nominees in the various categories that they believe should win along with a short explanation of why that particular nominee is worthy.

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2012 at 1:18pm
Remember last year when I said that Kevin Smith's last movie was going to be Hit Somebody? Well, apparently, that's now a miniseries. But Smith still wants to make one more movie. So, his last movie might be... Clerks III!! I don't know what to think of this. I've soured on Smith lately, but the original Clerks is one of my all-time favorite movies, so I might have to check this out...if it happens. 
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2012 at 3:54pm
So, how is it going to work out next week? Should we give Guilt Trip the forum a week early, or should we make a poll for Worst Sequel Prequel Remake or Ripoff?

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2012 at 5:44pm
I forgot of how many more bad releases are still coming up in 2012. If there's too many, HeadRAZZ may have to make room for both a Forum for a specific movie and a Forum Poll in the same week (which I know he can do). In this case, yes! I think GUILT TRIP deserves a forum. HeadRAZZ himself admited that he'd been waiting to do it. Plus, it stars past Razzie nominee Barbra Streisand and Seth Rogen (who was on to the ballots last year for both Worst Actor and Screenplay for THE GREEN HORNET). And this year, he wrote THE WATCH. While that's not enough to call him A Repeat Offender...I'd say he's getting there!  

Also, on the homepage, there are 2 new links for "worst of the year lists" -- One of them (MovieInsider) also features the biggest box office flops. I'm very disappointed -- Only 3 of the "flops" are actually bad. And 3 of them are actually good (I am counting CLOUD ATLAS as good). 

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Remember last year when I said that Kevin Smith's last movie was going to be Hit Somebody? Well, apparently, that's now a miniseries. But Smith still wants to make one more movie. So, his last movie might be... Clerks III!! I don't know what to think of this. I've soured on Smith lately, but the original Clerks is one of my all-time favorite movies, so I might have to check this out...if it happens.

What did you think of CLERKS PART 2?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2012 at 10:28pm
Clerks II wasn't as good as the first one, but I still loved it. Grade for Clerks: A+. Grade for Clerks II: B+
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2012 at 10:31am
Trailers for Oblivion and M. Night Shyamalan's After Earth. They pretty much deal with the same subject matter.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2012 at 10:32am
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2012 at 10:34am

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2012 at 4:43pm
To Vits: I've heard of a Broken Embraces, but not Broken. I'll have to wait until at least January 2013 to see how many Academy Award accolades it gets.

Zero Dark Thirty looks really good. If Kathryn Bigelow directed it as she directed The Hurt Locker, it should be one of the best films of the year. At least the preliminary reviews are saying so!

To oiram: Yeah! The second Albus Dumbledore getting nominated for the first Dumbledore's namesake award! And this coming a decade and 3 months late of Dumbledore 1's passing.

To HeadRAZZBerry: Is the verdict in on Prop Worst Political Propaganda Movie (which I voted YES on)? If it passed, will there be 3 or 5 finalists? Also, is 2016: Obama's America going to be a RAZZIE ballot recommendee?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2012 at 5:13pm
The AFI chose the 10 best movies of the year in no order. This article explains how it foreshadows the Oscars, and how many chances THE DARK KNIGHT RISES has for a Best Picture nomination.

Meanwhile, Razzie contenders ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER, BATTLESHIP, CHASING MAVERICKS, CONTRABAND, DARLING COMPANION, FUN SIZE, HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA, HOUSE AT THE END OF STREET, ICE AGE 4, JACK REACHER, JOHN CARTER, JOURNEY 2, THE LUCKY ONE, PARENTAL GUIDANCE, THE POSSESSION, SAVAGES, SNOW WHITE & THE HUNTSMAN, TAKEN 2, THIS MEANS WAR, 1000 WORDS, THE 3 STOOGES, BREAKING DAWN: PART 2, and, THE WATCH are all finalists for the Best Score Oscar. The most repeated name on the list is Danny Elfman.

By the way, I read that GUILT TRIP will be released next week, not this week. THE HOBBIT already has an R.T. concensus, and it's good. Then there's only one answer: one of the final forum polls.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2012 at 3:27am
I know Guilt Trip opens next week, but that is also when Jack Reacher is going to be released, and some people think Guilt Trip is likelier to stink (Me personally, I think both film could go either way.) 

And posting Forums a week early have been done before, like with Battleship.

Oh, and you missed Alex Cross... 

Originally posted by Vits

By the way, I read that GUILT TRIP will be released next week, not this week. THE HOBBIT already has an R.T. concensus, and it's good. Then there's only one answer: one of the final forum polls.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2012 at 8:11am
How about this? HeadRAZZ creates a forum poll ASAP, then a forum for GUILT TRIP on Monday or Tuesday, and then a forum for JACK REACHER on Friday if it has bad reviews.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102103104 113>