Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Forum Members' DISCUSSION of 2012 Releases List...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Here 'Tis...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110111 113>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here 'Tis...
    Posted: December 28 2012 at 8:48am
Everybody! I have a poll. You see, I just saw FRANKENWEENIE, and if I had seen it days ago, I would've recommended it for Worst Picture. No, really. See, it's one of those movies that I enjoyed watching throughout but that the ending was so bad that it ruined the whole movie. But it's not one of those endings where I think it could've improved. It's one of those that actually make me angry. And it's not just on an emotional level, but also technical. In this case, the fact that SPARKY comes back to life contradicts everything. In that sense, I think it's apropriate to give it a bad grade, since the ending is what we leave with. What about you? Do you agree with this system?

By the way, the other movies where this has happened to me were: THE DEVIL INSIDE, 30 MINUTES OR LESS, THE HAUNTING OF MOLLY HARTLEY, THE VISITOR ('08), BE KIND REWIND, MIRRORS, THE NUMBER 23, NEXT, HARD CANDY, DARK WATER, PRIME ('05), SPANGLISH, MULHOLLAND DRIVE, THE BABYSITTER ('95), SLIVER, THE PURPLE ROSE OF CAIRO, SALŇ OR THE 120 DAYS OF SODOM, and, THE BIRDS. Although, some of this I was already considering bad before the ending, just not that bad.
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Casa De Mi Padre
Red Lights
Vamps
I was surprised too. Not because they didn't have forums, but because I don't remember them being mentioned in any user's "For your consideration" post at all.
Originally posted by GTAHater767

For the Worst of 2013 RAZZIES, the category should be called "Worst Couple, Triple, Quartet, or Medley".
I agree. I mean, in that category, there are still a couple of "Actor and anyone else", which is basically "The entire cast". I said it before and I say it again: the category should focus on the chemistry, which is the most important thing in romantic and buddy movies, and therefore, worthy of its own category. It just seems better than to award any pair of actors in a bad movie just because they're in a bad movie.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2012 at 9:01am
I just read through the ballot. Can't help being disappointed, that Milo Ventimiglia and Leighton Meester didn't make the cut.
Also, not for a split second did it CROSS my mind, that Rob Cohen would NOT be on there.
Yes, yes, I know about the write-in spaces.

Vits, if a movie has an ending one might not like, I think it should influence the grade, as long as you point out what you liked or didn't like about it. The grade always mirrors how people have enjoyed the movie overall. If the ending ruined the movie, but you still gave it an A, I'd probably have wrong expectations going in.   

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Since ALEX CROSS is only listed in a handful of categories on the Nominating Ballot, I am unclear why you would expect Rob Cohen to be included among the Worst Director choices. But, as you mentioned, you do alwaze have the option of writing him in. 

As for Milo Ventimiglia in THAT'S MY BOY, he will technically be a RAZZIE®  nominee if that film makes it into Worst Screen Ensemble (which I think is a pretty safe bet). With so many other/worse choices to list from BOY in Worst Supporting Actor, he ended up being left out in favor of including Vanilla Ice, James Caan and Tony Orlando, all of whom utterly sucked, and all of whom are far more recognizable names...  

mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2012 at 9:53am
Sorry, I meant Ventimiglia and Meester for WORST COUPLE.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2012 at 4:31pm
The most disappointing thing I've seen all week is this video: http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/videos/the-worst-movies-of-2012-20121226

Rolling Stone critic Peter Travers gave "zero-star" reviews to five movies in 2012 -- and not one of them is on this list!  Furthermore, it looks like he's intent on provoking the masses, like he did with last year's list...and the one before that...and the one before that...  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Though I obviously didn't agree with every title on his Worst List, I was pleased to see that most of what he chose is represented at least somewhere on our 2012 Nominating Ballot. BTW: Travers is a Voting RAZZIE® Member and (full disclosure) wrote the introduction to THE OFFICIAL RAZZIE® MOVIE GUIDE...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2012 at 4:35pm
I guess the Oscars and the Razzies really are the opposite in every aspect. AMPAS has chosen not to vote via e-mail. I'm not really convinced by their reasons.

Robert Zemeckis has cancelled his YELLOW SUBMARINE remake. I am not convinced by his reasons at all. He said things about how people compare the remake to the original, and how some movies shouldn't be remade. But he says it now after years of planning. Not to mention that those things he said are common sense; no way he wasn't aware of them before.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2012 at 5:01pm
Guess I was wrong when I said that BREAKING DAWN PART 2 wouldn't make Travers' list because he chose it as the 2nd worst movie of the month after RED DAWN, which isn't mentioned in that video!

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

The most disappointing thing I've seen all week is this video: http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/videos/the-worst-movies-of-2012-20121226

Maybe. It's common for critics to have 1 or 2 movies in their Top [Number] list even if everyone else hated them, and in their Bottom [Number] list even if everyone else loved them. But half of the movies mentioned in the video were either good or average.

This critic gave zero-star reviews to five movies in 2012 and not one of them is on this list.  Furthermore, it looks like he intends to provoke the masses like he did with last year's list and the one before that and the one before that.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2012 at 5:13pm
The thing that annoyed me most about Travers' list was putting Cloud Atlas at #3 -- and not just because it's #5 on my Best of the Year list. Seriously, he gave it 2 1/2 stars when it came out...and now he says it's worse than every movie that wasn't Twilight #5 or Battleship?!?  

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2012 at 6:39pm
Here's Rotten Tomatoes' list of the best movies nobody saw this year. I warn you that each staff member chose one, which is why you'll notice bad movies.
BluBird1976 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote BluBird1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2012 at 10:21pm
My picks: 

Worst Supporting Actor:  David Hasselhoff / Piranha 3DD  

Worst Supporting Actress:  Rihanna / Battleship  

Worst Actor:  Channing Tatum / Magic Mike (its not acting if you were a male prostitute to begin with)  

Worst Actress:  Kristen Stewart Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2 

Worst Picture: 2016 Obama's America (propaganda bullsh*t)  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2012 at 9:46am
Jeremy Jahns' picks for the best and the worst movies of the year:

He said that 2012 was the best year for movies since he started making videos. Just to clarify, he started around 2009-10.

Wow! None of the 5 main contenders for Worst Picture (unless you think BREAKING DAWN PART 2 could still be one of them) appear in the video!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 11:43am
Okay, early Happy New Year to you all, and I am assuming when we come back, first movie to get a forum here is Texas Chainsaw 3D?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2012 at 9:04pm
Happy New Years from the future!!!! And by future, I mean...New York.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2012 at 9:37pm
My poll has been launched, but it needs to be approved before I can promote it.  Here are my thoughts on Razzie prospects for January 2013 (and for 2014's awards):

Texas Chainsaw 3D - There aren't any big names in this movie.  If it is worse than the 2003 remake and the 2006 prequel, then it may virtually secure a nomination.

A Haunted House - As one of two (or three) spoof movies to look out for in 2013, expect most of the humor to be as immature as it is in Marlon Wayans's other films.  If its worse than the other spoof movie(s), then it may be in consideration.

Gangster Squad - This film was delayed from its original release date (September 7, 2012) after the Aurora incident.  Now, it's timing isn't much different because it comes out less than a month after the Newtown incident.  Furthermore, it stars a two-time Oscar winner and three past Oscar nominees.

Mama - Jessica Chastain is in the running for the Oscar for Best Actress for her role in "Zero Dark Thirty."  Her appearance in this movie could hurt her chances (if it's bad).

The Last Stand - Arnold Schwarzenegger used to be nominated frequently (prior to his gubernatorial stint).  Do we start nominating him again or will this film surprise us?

Broken City - This is the first part in a three-part Razzie campaign for Mark Wahlberg.  Also, two Oscar winners are in this film.

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters - This extension of a Brothers Grimm fairy tale looks as if it were inspired by "The Hunger Games" and the "Resident Evil" movies.  Furthermore, some viewers detested Tim Burton's extension of "Alice in Wonderland."

Movie 43 - If this movie is bad, then it should be in for a Worst Screen Ensemble nomination.

Parker - Taylor Hackford's a good director and Jason Statham's a good actor, but J-Lo's presence makes me think it's gonna tank.  An Oscar nominee, Vincent Savino from "Vegas", and a Broadway star also appear in this movie.

By the time you read this post, it may already be 2013.  Happy New Year!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2013 at 9:05am
There won't be a 13th day of the 13th month in 2013, so no more stupid predictions for years! This truly is a Happy New Year!
Party  

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters - This extension of a Brothers Grimm fairy tale looks as if it were inspired by "The Hunger Games" and the "Resident Evil" movies.  Furthermore, some viewers detested Tim Burton's extension of "Alice in Wonderland."

When I first saw the trailer, I was kind of bored. But the other day when I saw JUSTIN BIEBER: NEVER SAY NEVER* and checked it's info, I found out something important: H&G:WH is also a production of MTV Films, which means that the fights scenes will be edited like music videos. Yeah, I think it should get a Forum.

*Since I don't review docs, I'll just say it here. Because of some weird directing decisions, the concert scenes weren't very fun. And the backstory part can be seen in E! TRUE HOLLYWOOD STORY; no need to pay money to see that. While JB's ego was shown a couple of times, for the most part he seemed like a really nice guy. I never thought he had real charisma because I'm used to seeing him faking it on stage with the faces he makes. The highlight of the movie was his mom. MILF!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2013 at 7:30pm
Trailer for Dead Man Down, which, honestly, doesn't look all that great...  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2013 at 9:42am
Just because I want to know, what is the opening number for the ceremony going to be?  My guess is a parody of something from "Les Miserables"?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Good guess -- Though I'm only in the early stages, I am working on a RAZZIE® version of the one song from LE MIZ that most people seem to know, "I Dreamed a Dream" (the "broken-hearted/melodramatic" song that Anne Hathaway performs in all the promos for the movie)... 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110111 113>