Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Forum Members' DISCUSSION of 2012 Releases List...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Here 'Tis...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 110111112113>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here 'Tis...
    Posted: January 07 2013 at 1:28pm
Today we have not one but 2 funny open letters. One has to do with STAR TREK: INTO DARKNESS; the other has to do with the Oscar nominations:

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2013 at 3:30pm
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Up-next: Reefer Madness
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2013 at 4:13pm
Well, good for them! But now we have to live with the fact that yet another grotesque movie is being released. I wish that Dieter Laser will get better roles in the future because I think that he can act, but accepting this movie is just going to make people not trust him, maybe thinking that he is crazy for appearing in a film that literally makes people vomit!  

Dieter could probably get cast in a more watchable film, but then get replaced out of fear that people will boycott the film because he's in it, just like what happened with Harry Reems.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2013 at 4:29pm
David R. Ellis has passed away. He was the stunt coordinator of many classics. He was also the director of SHARK NIGHT, SNAKES ON A PLANE and the 2nd and 4th FINAL DESTINATION. R.I.P.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 9:58am
Richard Roeper's favorite movies of the year:

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 12:37pm
33rd Razzie noms are out - here's the LINK to watch 'em on YouTube:

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 4:25pm
Wow! I had a feeling certain movies (like ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER) wouldn't make it. But I thought that THE DEVIL INSIDE was a shoe-in! Same with Taylor Kitsch. And while I had a feeling that THE OOGIELOVES would make it, I never expected MADEA'S WITNESS PROTECTION to get any nominations, let alone that many. And BREAKING DAWN PART 2?! Well, I'm glad JOHN CARTER rightfully didn't make it. And RESIDENT EVIL 5, ONE FOR THE MONEY, WRATH OF THE TITANS and WHAT TO EXPECT... all got at least something.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 4:25pm
Oiram already posted the nominations video above but I decided to type out the list of nominations:  

WORST REMAKE, RIP-OFF, OR SEQUEL
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Piranha 3DD
Red Dawn
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2
Madea's Witness Protection

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
David Hasselhoff (As Himself)/Piranha 3DD
Taylor Lautner/The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2
Liam Neeson/Battleship & Wrath of the Titans
Nick Swardson/That's My Boy
Vanilla Ice (As Himself)/That's My Boy

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Jessica Biel/Playing for Keeps & Total Recall
Brooklyn Decker/Battleship & What To Expect When You're Expecting
Ashley Greene/The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2
Jennifer Lopez/What To Expect When You're Expecting
Rihanna/Battleship

WORST SCREEN ENSEMBLE
The Entire Cast of Battleship
The Entire Cast of The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure
The Entire Cast of That's My Boy
The Entire Cast of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2
The Entire Cast of Madea's Witness Protection

WORST SCREENPLAY
Atlas Shrugged: Part II
Battleship
That's My Boy
A Thousand Words

WORST SCREEN COUPLE
Any 2 Cast Members from "Jersey Shore"/The Three Stooges
Mackenzie Foy & Taylor Lautner/The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2
Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart/The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2
Tyler Perry & His Drag Get-Up/Madea's Witness Protection
Adam Sandler & EITHER Leighton Meester, Andy Samberg OR Susan Sarandon/That's My Boy

WORST DIRECTOR
Sean Anders/That's My Boy
Peter Berg/Battleship
Bill Condon/The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2
Tyler Perry/Good Deeds & Madea's Witness Protection
John Putch/Atlas Shrugged: Part II

WORST ACTRESS
Katherine Heigl/One For The Money
Milla Jovovich/Resident Evil: Retribution
Tyler Perry (In Drag)/Madea's Witness Protection
Kristen Stewart/Snow White and the Huntsman & The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2
Barbra Streisand/The Guilt Trip

WORST ACTOR
Nicolas Cage/Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance & Seeking Justice
Eddie Murphy/A Thousand Words
Robert Pattinson/The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2
Tyler Perry/Alex Cross & Good Deeds
Adam Sandler/That's My Boy

WORST PICTURE
Battleship
The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure
That's My Boy
A Thousand Words

"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 5:08pm
I'm now expecting a clean sweep for Breaking Dawn Part 2 , simply because everybody knows the Twilight Saga name -- and to let at least 1 Twilight film win RAZZIES while we still have the chance, (not to mention it's the only film to make the final cut in EVERY category). After this, the Twilight Saga will be gone for good! 

I voted for The Devil Inside and One For The Money for Worst Picture. I wasn't counting on The Oogieloves to make the final cut for THAT! If it were up to me, the RAZZIES would've been spread, 2 trophies each to The Devil Inside, One For the Money, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, A Thousand Words, and That's My Boy.

By the way, when do Final Ballots go "in the e-mail"?  

My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 5:14pm

Of all my votes on the Nominating Ballot, 52% will be on the Final Ballot. Did anyone else do better?

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Up-next: Reefer Madness
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 5:15pm
Here's who/what I DIDN'T vote for that did get nominated:  

Worst Remake, Rip-off, Prequel, or Sequel:
Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection
Piranha 3DD

Worst Screen Ensemble:
Entire Cast of The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure
Entire Cast of Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection

Worst Screen Couple:
Any Two Cast Members of "Jersey Shore"/The Three Stooges (That one, however, was by accident.)

Worst Director:
John Putch/Atlas Shrugged Part II

Worst Screenplay:
Atlas Shrugged Part II

Worst Supporting Actor:
Vanilla Ice/That's My Boy
Taylor Lautner/The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

Worst Supporting Actress:
Jessica Biel/Playing for Keeps and Total Recall (I'm not saying she DIDN'T suck, but she was a wild card for me)
Ashley Greene/The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

Worst Actor:
Robert Pattinson/The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

Worst Actress:
Milla Jovovich/Resident Evil: Retribution

Worst Picture:
The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure

Originally posted by Vits

Wow! I had a feeling certain movies (like ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER) wouldn't make it. But I thought that THE DEVIL INSIDE was a shoe-in!

I thought so too, but maybe the first movie was too much of an easier target? That's my guess anyways. 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 6:04pm
SchumacherH8ter: I'm not good with percentages, but a lot of the movies I wanted (even if I didn't vote for them because of a system I have) made it. Although, it's kind of weird that Ashely Greene is nominated for BREAKING DAWN PART 2 but not for THE APPARITION (bigger role; worse performance). Same with Liam Neeson. I thought he was definitely worse in TAKEN 2 than in BATTLESHIP and/or WOTT (both practically cameos).

By the way, GTA mentioned final ballots. I was just about to ask that. So we get the ballots with the nominees and vote again. I was wondering whether that would happen, or whether HeadRAZZ would use the votes that were already counted. But the latter doesn't sound like a reliable system. Good. Then I'll start to think who I'll vote for ASAP.

Not to change the subject (we can still talk about it), but I just wanted to mention the nominees for the DGA Awards: Ben Affleck, Kathryn Bigelow, Tom Hooper, Ang Lee and Steven Spielberg. Based on past years, this doesn't mean that Quentin Tarantino and Paul Thomas Anderson are automatically out of the Oscar race. But I'm confident that David O. Russell and Wes Anderson are out. 

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 6:32pm
Need to let you guys know (in case you haven't already) about my awards. I've posted the list of contenders over on my forum. I need you to please highlight the 10 contenders you'd like to see go on to my ballot. If there aren't any of your contenders, please list them as write-ins for each category.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2013 at 9:08am
The biggest surprise at the BAFTA nominations is that Ben Affleck is not just up for Best Film and Best Director, but also Best Actor.  

Tonight are the People's Choice Awards. I have only one complaint: The new categories are for Favorite Fan Following in movies, TV and music. So, does that mean that the fans will give those awards to themselves?! 

Finally, these are WHAT THE FLICK's picks for the best and worst movies of last year: 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2013 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Vits

Richard Roeper's favorite movies of the year

And now his picks for the worst movies:

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2013 at 10:26am
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: At this point, we are aiming to send out Final Ballot instructions in early February, hoping to allow 10 days to 2 weeks for all Current Voting Members to make their choices while also allowing ample lead time for us to put together Press Releases and try to contact the eventual "winners" to encourage them to attend/accept. Since it worked well for us (we didn't have the glitches and crashes that drove Academy Members nutz w/their first online Nominating Ballot!) we will likely use Ballot Bin again... 
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 110111112113>