Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FEEDBACK on 2008 RAZZIE® NOMs & "WINNERS"... > TELL US WHATCHA THINK of OUR CHOICES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Here’s Where 2 Put In Yer 2-Cents...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here’s Where 2 Put In Yer 2-Cents...
    Posted: January 17 2010 at 4:29pm
Ah, see there: "American Psycho", "The Machinist", and "Public Enemies", three good performances by Christian Bale ... and all in the same decade. As for his rant, well, he did apologize for it. These awards are about actors and actresses giving overly bad performances, not for what they do in their personal lives.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2010 at 5:14pm
Bale is giving awful performances so I think he deserves all the Razzies!

Ok I agree he's not such bad as Orlando Bloom but not far!
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2010 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by TaRaN-RoD

Bale is giving awful performances so I think he deserves all the Razzies!

Ok I agree he's not such bad as Orlando Bloom but not far!
And what performances are you talking about? I don't recall him making anything so unwatchable that it made me want to jump onto this forum and say "Oh my lord, we HAVE to razz this guy!". I mean, are you hating on him solely for the Bat voice?
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2010 at 7:40pm
Sorry, but when I see him in Public Enemies, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight (a masterpiece with all those great actors around him, and he is the only jerk who cannot act), The Prestige, Terminator 4, 3:10 To Yuma (great movie instead)... the only thing that I think, is ''Please, someone, STOP THIS GUY!!!! He is AWFUL!!!!!''!

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 5:19am
Well, sorry dude, but Bale was the star of the second highest grossing (soon to be the third highest grossing) movie of all time in the USA, so he's not going anywhere. Expect to see him in many more movies. Perhaps he's one of those Keanu-Reeves-like actors, who is better depending on who is directing him? 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Sorry, dude, but I gotta ask -- In what film was Keanu ever "better"...and as compared to what????? 
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Raptor View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Raptor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 7:13pm
Huh?!  Bale is widely considered one of the top actors of  his generation (not  based on fan opinion alone-based on the reviews he gets from the majority of mainstream critics) and he has been for several years.  I can't recall seeing a single  post even suggesting Bale was anything close to a bad actor prior to the "on-set rant" released in 2009, so I call BS on opinions like yours.  They are beyond insane. (but thinking Stalllone is a great actor is, too, so I guess it fits).

And you think he was awful in in The Prestige and 3:10 to Yuma?  I have honestly never read or heard a single  negative comment about his performance in either of those films.  So congrats on being the first one LOLLOL 

Sorry, but when I see him in Public Enemies, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight (masterpiece with all the great actors around him and he is the only jerk who cannot act), The Prestige, Terminator 4, 3:10 To Yuma (great movie insted)... Only thing that I think, is ''Please, someone, STOP THIS GUY!!!! He'e AWFUL!!!!!''
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 7:38pm
Thank you, Raptor, for making sense out of this. It seems to me this guy just has a grudge against Bale for his infamous rant, and nothing else. He claims Bale has an emothionless face and a bad voice, but then puts up Stallone as "a great actor." Come on! In every movie Stallone does, he has only two facial expressions: a long face of dumbfound-ness, as if he's clueless about what's going on around him, or a look of anger/pain. And then he mumbles everything he says. But of the two of them, Bale is the worse actor?

Come one, man, one mishap that happened off screen doesn't effect your work on screen (well, unless you're Lindsay Lohan). 
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2010 at 7:58am
Even if my reasons could be stupid to hate Bale, it's the same thing that you did to Stallone for years... so!

And I don't see any Oscar nominations for Bale! He never got one!

So claim as he is one of the greatest actor is really stupid, and doesn't worth the status of great actor, and he is by far worse than Orlando Bloom in the actors of the new generation... Leonardo DiCaprio, THIS is a great actor! 

Originally posted by Michaels

It seems to me this guy just has a grudge against Bale for his infamous rant and nothing else.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2010 at 11:56am

There have been plenty of good actors who have neither gotten an Oscar nod, nor won one. That doesn't mean anything. 

I never said Bale was one of the greats, I'm simply stating that he's far from the overly bad actor you claim him to be. Also, why even bother hating on Orlando Bloom? He was only in six movies and has apparently disappeared off the face of the earth! 

Even if my reasons could be stupid to hate Stallone, it's the same thing that you did to Stallone for years... so!

And I don't see any Oscar nominations for Bale! He never got one!

So call him as he is one of the greatest actor is really stupid, and doesn't worth the status of great actor and he is far the worse than Orlando Bloom in the actors of the new generation... Leonardo DiCaprio, THIS is a great actor!

TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2010 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Michaels

Also, why even bother hating on Orlando Bloom? He was only in six movies and has apparently disappeared off the face of the earth! 
And thanks god!
Raptor View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Raptor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2010 at 7:43pm
Bale was flat out robbed of a Best Actor nomination at least 3 times-for Empire of the Sun, American Psycho, and The Machinist.

The Oscars are not an indication of acting talent, sadly.  The list of actors who have never been nominated vs the list of horrible actors who have been nominated should prove that.  Unless you think Mark Wahlberg is a greater actor than Gary Oldman....Confused

Bale is *easily* one of the top 10 best actors under 45 and I would argue he is in the top 5 of that group.  But one thing is very clear-he has never given a razzie worthy performance.  Terminator Salvation was probably the poorest showing of his career, but due almost totally to a really badly scripted character.  Any actor would have looked bad with those lines.

Orlando Bloom isn't even in Bale's league in terms of acting talent. I'm pretty sure even Bloom's fans would agree with that LOL
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Raptor

The Oscars are not an indication of acting talent, sadly.  The list of actors who have never been nominated vs the list of horrible actors who have been nominated should prove that.  Unless you think Mark Wahlberg is a greater actor than Gary Oldman....Confused

Actually... I totally agree with you on this! Yeah really... Oscar are not fair sometimes....

In fact, even today I cannot understand this nomination Mark Walhberg got for The Departed.... he was bad or at least the worst of the actors who played in The Departed (wich is for me the worst movie to have win Best Picture) and he is the only one who got a nomination for ''Best Supporting Actor''... kinda weird... Because his performance wasn't the best supporting performance of the year and there were a lot of performances that were AT LEAST equaly worthy ''Best Supporting Actor'' oscar nomination!

Some of wins for acting are also REALLY retarded wins... I'm thinking about Jammie Foxx for Ray who won against Leonardo DiCaprio (LEONARDO FREAKING DICAPRIO!!!!) for Aviator, Roberto Begini for Life is Beautiful.... And I'm sure I'm forgetting others!

Originally posted by Raptor

Orlando Bloom isn't even in Bale's league in terms of acting talent. I'm pretty sure even Bloom's fans would agree with that LOL

Even if I hate Bale, I would totally agree on this! LOL
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 5:54pm

Some of wins for acting are also REALLY retarded wins... I'm thinking about Jammie Foxx for Ray who won against Leonardo DiCaprio (LEONARDO FREAKING DICAPRIO!!!!) for Aviator, Roberto Begini for Life is Beautiful.... And I'm sure I'm forgetting others!
Sorry to disagree with you once again, but Jamie Foxx won that award fair and square. I mean, if it weren't for the fact that Ray Charles had died a year earlier, I would have sworn that was him on the big screen! As for Dicaprio, I'm sure he will pull a "Kate Winslet" some day and the Oscars will finally go "Okay, you're pretty good and you keep getting nods, but never win, so here, have an award". That, or like Peter "Always a Bride's Maid, Never a Bride" O'Toole, they'll give him a Lifetime Award some 30 years from now ... if that whole thing about 2012 turns out to be a bunch of bull.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2010 at 3:01pm
What a shock!Paris Hilton won!I didn't see those movies,but I hope she was bad,'cuz I wouldn't want her to be awarded just for bein'her.

Jus'cuz Pierce Brosnan can't sing doesn't mean he can't act.

Why didn't Seltz-berg win?

Al Pacino and Kate Hudson deserve their noms.,but you know who didn't:
1)SPEED RACER(wasn't that bad).
3)INDIANA JONES 4 and THE WOMEN(those were good).
4)MEET DAVE(one of the best comedies of 2008).

Oscar are not fair sometimes.... 

Yeah.There's tons of movies with over 90% at R.T. that weren't nominated for "Best Picture",includin'one of my favs.:HAIRSPRAY.There's also tons of movies with less that were nominated.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2010 at 4:25pm
"Meet Dave" was one of the best comedies of 2008? What movie were you watching?
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2010 at 1:46pm
I changed my mind,it was average.But I still defend it,and the others.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>