Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on UP-COMING FILMS & PROJECTS > RAMBO FIVE ? ? ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

He’s B-a-a-a-a-a-ck...MAYBE!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: He’s B-a-a-a-a-a-ck...MAYBE!
    Posted: March 24 2008 at 4:37am

MOST of the RUMORS STARTED BEFORE the FOURTH FILM WAS RELEASED in JANUARY (and BEFORE RAMBO ARGUABLY BOMBED, GROSSING ONLY ABOUT 65% of the WORLDWIDE TAKE THAT ROCKY BALBOA -- WHICH WASN'T EXACTLY a RUNAWAY HIT -- MANAGED). BUT EVEN NOW (LATE MARCH, 2008) THE RUMORS ARE STILL FLYING FAST & FURIOUS: OUR AWL-TIME CHAM-PEEN SYLVESTER STALLONE SUPPOSEDLY WROTE an ALTERNATE SCRIPT for RAMBO IV, WHICH COULD NOW BECOME RAMBO 5...

THE REPUTED PLOT WOULD HAVE the BLOOD-SOAKED CHARACTER BACK on U.S. TURF, DISCOVERING THAT HE HAS a DAUGHTER HE NEVER KNEW ABOUT -- and SETTING OUT to RESCUE HER from a CULT. WORD IS THAT SETS ARE BEING PREPARED in SOFIA, BULGARIA (LINK) and THAT PRODUCTION is "IMMINENT."

SO MAYBE WE WILL STILL HAVE SLY to PICK ON for YEARS to COME!

DUH SLY-STER: "I won't quit makin' 'em 'till the RAMBO 

Boxed DVD Set takes up this much room on yer video shelf!!"  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 9:43am

Why do I have this awful feeling that the "cult" he is going to rescue his daughter from is the Democratic Party? ..or set in Europe, maybe the Greens.

I have a better idea....while Rambo is out and about shooting lakes with his bow and arrow, he happens upon 3 singing chipmunks. They follow him home, and he makes them recording stars....What? It's been done? Yeah, like that ever stopped Stallone before.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 10:43am
Frankly I was hoping that they would do a live action version of Super
Chicken with Ramblow as the bad guy
moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 6:34pm

So they're using throwaway scripts that apparently weren't up to par with the last RAMBO's writing quality?

Maybe it will be made up of unusable footage from the last film. You know, the stuff that didn't quite come out right, so it was left on the cutting room floor. They could build the entire film around the material that wasn't good enough last time around. It'll be an experiment of artistic proportions.

That way, there'll already be an excuse when it completely sucks!

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 1:05am

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Sadly, there has already been a movie made up of cutting-room-floor-trims, and I worked on the campaign for it: 1982's TRAIL OF THE PINK PANTHER. A blatant and pitiful attempt to resuscitate the PANTHER series after Peter Sellers' death in 1980, it was made up almost entirely of out-takes and discarded footage of Sellers from previous PANTHER films, strung together with new material featuring a reporter doing an article on Clouseau. Needless to say, it was not a success (yet was followed by two equally unsuccessful sequels!)...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 7:35am

Rocky Balboa not a runaway hit? I haven't seen this much denial/distortion since the Daniel Craig Not Bond website!

Anyway I really hope this rumor isn't true -- a Rambo movie would not work if it was set in the states. Hell, it barley worked when it was set in the jungle! 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Just to clarify -- I didn't say ROCKY BALBOA was not a hit, I said it was "not exactly a runaway hit." Here's a LINK to the B.O. MoJo page for the entire ROCKY series, showing that of the six films, BALBOA ranks fifth (largely because ROCKY V totally tanked)... 

I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 9:44am

Trail of the Pink Panther was pretty bad, but even throw away Peter Sellers material is preferable to "good" Stallone. The sad thing is that this man can toss any sort of garbage out there and there is a core of fans who will not only consume it greedily, but even try to convince the rest of us that it's great cinema. 

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 10:04am
Apparently the thought of Rambo indiscriminately blowing away hundreds, possibly thousands of Americans (keep in mind he only killed once in his first outing, and then only when his life was in imminent danger) means little if anything to them.  And they fail to note that it takes supreme effort to successfully pull off the "reconnecting with the child the hero never knew he had" storyline, which probably only worked for Kirk because the rest of the film around this was well constructed, and since Rambo is not the type to display much paternal emotion--I rest my case. 
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 10:29am
"Trail Of The Pink Panther" was worse than "Curse Of The Pink Panther" and "Son Of The Pink Panther" combined!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 4:07pm
Lord help me! Just the thought of "The Trail Of Rambo"...
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 3:08am

Yeah, I've already heard of these nightmarish rumors...the sad thing is, there are people either stupid enough or gullible enough (Maybe both) to will back Stallone financially on this idiotic farce. 

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2008 at 10:39am
Rambo fighting a cult to get his daughter? Couldn't he just ask the armed to do that. It's not like he's going to go up against the Soviet or Burmese military again.

Oh, right, it's so we can hear Sly's wonderful acting consisting of incomprehensible grunts 

Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2009 at 6:17pm
Rambo comes back to the US and finds out he had a daughter and her name is Sarah Palin ... 
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2009 at 1:20am

I'd love to see the cutting room floor material used here to fight the cutting room floor material of Game of Death, the last Bruce Lee project. Oh the mirth!

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Sadly, there has already been a movie made up of cutting-room-floor-trims, and I worked on the campaign for it: 1982's TRAIL OF THE PINK PANTHER. A blatant and pitiful attempt to resuscitate the PANTHER series after Peter Sellers' death in 1980, it was made up almost entirely of out-takes and discarded footage of Sellers from previous PANTHER films, strung together with new material featuring a reporter doing an article on Clouseau. Needless to say, it was not a success (yet was followed by two equally unsuccessful sequels!)...

-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2009 at 4:45pm
So, "Rambo 5" should actually be titled "Rambo 4 1/2" or "Rambo 4: Extended Out-Takes"? Like Christopher Nolan rebooting the Batman movie series, this might start another new trend in H-Wood, making entire movies out of leftover scenes. That makes for Re-imaginings, Re-boots, and ... Re-cycled cuts?
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2009 at 5:36pm
Making up a movie entirely out of outtakes? That is bloody brilliant! Considering the amount of unusable footage from movies, we could triple the number of crappy films....I imagine there are millions of unusable takes from all the Seltzerberg films... Perhaps they could work on the next Rambo film... They could call it "Rambo Movie."
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>