Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > HITMAN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hitman...or SCAN-Man???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hitman...or SCAN-Man???
    Posted: November 27 2007 at 5:56am

CLEVERLY MARKETED to LOOK LIKE an EXCEPTION to the RAZZIE® RULE of THUMB THAT "BASED on a VIDEO GAME" MEANS INSTANTLY WORTHY of OUR ATTENTION, HITMAN INSTEAD PROVED to BE YET ANOTHER in a LONG STRING of SUCH MOVIES THAT JUST DON'T WORK.

IF YOU'D LIKE to JOIN OUR DISCUSSION, LOG-IN by SCANNING the UPC CODE on the BACK of YOUR BALD HEAD, and START RAGGIN'...

"Guess I could alwaze try for an endorsement deal with Cy Sperling's Hair Club for Men..." 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Bombbot View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bombbot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2007 at 6:33pm

RETCH! What a stinker! It's a 90-minute-long joke about clones. I can safely say that I was not the only one who broke out laughing when I first saw the barcode on the guy's head! 

"Timmy!"
Budgieboy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Budgieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2007 at 12:25am
Call me the next Uwe Boll, but I honestly think that you could make a great movie out of a video game. That's why movies like this annoy me. If Resident Evil was more like the 28 Days Later series, or if Hitman was more like Collateral, it would set the benchmark high for videogame adaptations, and inspire future filmmakers who are looking to adapt.

If 'Max Payne' isn't good, then there should be a law against this, because  I'm sick of it. < That proves I'm sick of it.
A friend in need is a bloody nuisence
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2007 at 11:58am

I hope, hope, hope that Prince of Persia will be good. That's the only game I've played that they're turning into a movie.

Response from Head RAZZberry: Here's a LINK to the IMDb page for PRINCE OF PERSIA: SANDS OF TIME, which I assume is what moviewizeguy is referring to above. It's set to be dfirected by Mike Newell, who has a respectable list of past credits to his name (IMDb LINK) so maybe it could be the one to break the "based on a videogame" jinx...

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2007 at 3:17pm
Personily, I'd like to see a movie version of "The Legend Of Zelda: The Ocarina Of Time". That game was awsome (water levels aside). Get Zach Snyder to direct, Gerard Butler to star as Link, Lena Headey as Zelda, and Rodrigo Santoro to be Ganondorf.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2007 at 4:13am

Well, Mike Newell did manage to botch Love in the Time of Cholera.

Plus, the only reason there's a "based on a videogame" jinx is that the only directors who would make these moves (like Uwe Boll) suck, not because of the subject matter!   

Response from Head RAZZberry: Here's a LINK to the IMDb page for PRINCE OF PERSIA: SANDS OF TIME, which I assume is what moviewizeguy is referring to above. It's set to be dfirected by Mike Newell, who has a respectable list of past credits to his name (IMDb LINK) so maybe it could be the one to break the "based on a videogame" jinx...

Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2007 at 10:41am
Orcarina of Time was good, but I hate the Water Temple. Oh, not to mention the stupid and scary zombies, the old witches that turn into one, the huge giant, the big twist on a certain character, the going back in forth in time, and tons more that I may have forgotten.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2007 at 11:38am
I dispised the Water Temple. The boss of that level was a pain in the ass. I thought the witches were clever. Sheik turning into Zelda was kind of an anti-climax, and the time travel was annoying. I don't know which giant you're talking about. Do you mean Gannon or the giant Goron.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2007 at 2:47pm
Gannon, oh, and I completely forgot about Goron. How about a movie about the Majora's Mask or something like that. Haven't completely played that one. Just played Orcarina.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2007 at 7:49am
The Water Temple in "Majora's Mask" was unholy. You had to transform from a Goron to a Zora at any given time.
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2007 at 5:17am

I saw this film yesterday........absolute crap. I'm going to have to see No Country for Old Men again to keep things on an even keel.  As for H8ter's suggestion of casting the Zelda film: Gerard Butler........Lena Heady........Rodrigo Santoro......where have I heard of this cast before?  (Actually I really liked 300)

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2007 at 7:51am
I was aiming for "300".
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 3:20am
Originally posted by Budgieboy

Call me the next Uwe Boll, but I honestly think that you could make a great movie out of a video game. That's why movies like this annoy me. If Resident Evil was more like the 28 Days Later series, or if Hitman was more like Collateral, it would set the benchmark high for videogame adaptations, and inspire future filmmakers who are looking to adapt.

If 'Max Payne' isn't good, then there should be a law against this, because  I'm sick of it. < That proves I'm sick of it.

This guy's f**king right. Alot of games today have the strongest potential to be turned into golden entertainment. I mean, inside many games today is a compelling storyline, solid acting, and Hollywood quality direction. That includes the likes of Eternal Darkness, The Legend of Zelda, Marvel Ultimate Alliance (yes, I said it!), Max Payne, Metal Gear Solid, and plenty more. Heck, most of these games are based on novels (Halo). Sadly, it hasn't gotten over the heads of many film companies, so they ship the material to the worst kind of filmmakers, including Uwe Boll himself, and then they get unknowns or awful actors/actresses to fill the parts. It's basically a DTV movie at best. Hats off to Peter Jackson for at least executive producing the Halo film, because maybe it will inspire quality directors to take upon other projects like it.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 3:21am

This guy's f**king right. Alot of games today have the strongest potential to be turned into golden entertainment. I mean, inside many games today is a compelling storyline, solid acting, and Hollywood quality direction. That includes the likes of Eternal Darkness, The Legend of Zelda, Marvel Ultimate Alliance (yes, I said it!), Max Payne, Metal Gear Solid, and plenty more. Heck, most of these games are based on novels (Halo). Sadly, it hasn't gotten over the heads of many film companies, so they ship the material to the worst kind of filmmakers, including Uwe Boll himself, and then they get unknowns or awful actors/actresses to fill the parts. It's basically a DTV movie at best. Hats off to Peter Jackson for at least executive producing the Halo film, because maybe it will inspire quality directors to take upon other projects like it.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 12:51am
They're making a "Max Payne" movie Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis.
 Post Reply Post Reply