Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Talk Amongst Yourselves
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hobo with a Shotgun (what do you think?)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hobo with a Shotgun (what do you think?)
    Posted: December 26 2010 at 8:42am
I always have mixed feelings about Rutger Hauer.
He played in so many impresively bad actionfilms during the 80's and late 90's that I would almost believe that he was one of the worst actors out there.
On the other hand if he is placed in the right role, he carries the entire film with it. He was brilliant in Blade Runner and so deserved his Golden Globe for Escape From Sobibor.

So recently it became known that the distribution-rights for the Rutger Hauer-flick Hobo with a Shotgun have been sold and it will probably have a 2011 release.

http://www.slashfilm.com/magent-buys-distribution-rights-hobo-shotgun/

After watching the trailer for the second time. I just can't lose the feeling that it looks like this could be an enormous trainwreck. It looks like a rip-off of those Robocop-like post-apocalyptic 80's copfilms and simply doesn't feel to me like something that's even remotely up to the standerd of the current actionfilms. My question is (after seeing the trailer) what do you* think? Does this look like a future Razzie-contendor?

* With "you" i meant the HeadRAZZ Berry and the regular posters (Burn, Saturnwatcher, Vits, Miguel, oiram, cvcjr13, GTAhater767, mayhem5185 and who ever I forgot)

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2010 at 10:34am
I have no idea who he is,but thank you for saying I'm a regular poster.Makes me feel important.Embarrassed
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2010 at 10:47am
But how does the trailer of Hobo with a Shotgun look to you, vits. Do you think we may have an early razzie-potential on our hands or does it look good to you?

I am not suprised that you don't know him. He is kind of a washed out B-actor. But I asume you've seen him before in films. He played small roles in Batman Begins and Sin City. His best known role ever was the android from Blade Runner that held the famous tears in the rain speech.

Originally posted by Vits

I have no idea who he is,but thank you for saying I'm a regular poster.Makes me feel important.Embarrassed
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2010 at 11:06am
I wouldn't call myself a regular poster.

Oh, and about Hobo, I never thought it would be a movie, but it's happening. I haven't seen Machete, but I've heard people say good things about it, so I'm not sure.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2010 at 10:45am
It does look like SIN CITY...mixed with HARRY BROWN.

Nowadays some movies get good reviews even if the action sequences are over the top.

It also looks like it could be a character study.So the whole thing relies on whether he is a good actor or not.

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2011 at 11:33pm
How does it look like a character study?

As for the actor, have you never seen Blade Runner?

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2011 at 9:49am
I got the vibe the movie will try to show how his personality is and can be.

I haven't seen BLADE RUNNER.I went to Blockbuster a while ago to see it for a homework but they didn't have it...nor the other 10 classics I asked for.

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2011 at 9:06am
I would definitely give Blade Runner a watch if i were you.

Is Blockbuster a video rental place (I don't know how you call that)? I know that the place were i rent my movies only rents very recent films. Do you have the same problem were you life?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2011 at 12:52pm
When it comes to classics anytime one is on TV I try to watch it.Luckily I've got 2 channels that show only old movies.

I see you're european.Blockbusters also exist in the rest of America.

I don't have that problem.Blockbusters have movies from any decade.They just happened to not have the ones I needed.Keep in mind those weren't all old movies,and maybe they were already rented by someone else.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2011 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Vits

Keep in mind those weren't all old movies,and maybe they were already rented by someone else.

I just asumed that you meant somewhat older films when you used the word Classics.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 8:04am
Well,there are movies from less than 10 years ago that are considered classics,right?
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 8:48am
I can't come up with one at the moment. Could you give me an example?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 9:55am
Animated movies aside(they're too obvious),the only I can think of is the LORD OF THE RINGS trilogy(I think it's a little overrated).Unfortunately,not even the best reviewed movies of each year are considered classics...yet.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2011 at 2:31pm
R.T. gave it 70%:"It certainly isn't subtle,or even terribly smart,but as a gleefully gory homage to low-budget exploitation thrillers,it packs plenty of firepower".
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2011 at 3:47pm
I saw this OnDemand a few weeks ago. If you watched the trailer and thought that it looked good, you're gonna have a GREAT time. If not, stear clear. As for me, I fall under the former.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2013 at 12:12pm
When it comes to this movie, I'm somewhere in between (see video below) -- Any thoughts?

Post Reply Post Reply