Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2011 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

HORRIBLE BOSSES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HORRIBLE BOSSES
    Posted: July 06 2011 at 4:20pm
This looks like a disastrous year for Repeat Razzie Offender Jennifer Aniston (previously starring alongside another huge OFFENDER Adam Sandler in JUST GO WITH IT), reading 46 on Metacritic.

Give it all you got on this HORRIBLE film!

IS YOUR BOSS A REPEAT RAZZIE OFFENDER?
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2011 at 4:53pm
I wouldn't call her a Repeat Offender yet. She's only been nominated 3 times.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2011 at 4:56pm
Maybe it's just me... but she actually looks good (actingwise) in this movie (better than most of her other recent movies)
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2011 at 4:56pm
But Aniston's all-time total could possibly hit 5 nominations next year.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2011 at 9:20pm
This is not a horrible movie -- It's actually pretty good. Not as good as Bridesmaids (which is really fantastic btw), but I'm sure it's much better than most other comedies released this year. The script contains actual wit, and some really clever jokes and the cast is fantastic. Honestly, they really do make the movie. And no, Jennifer Aniston is really, really good in this film.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Not sure if Aniston should be listed on our Nominating Ballot for this title -- I will need to see it before finalizing the ballot. But she certainly deserves recognition for JUST GO WITH IT (Forum LINK). That was a dreadful film, to whose dreadful-ness Aniston was a major contributor!  
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2011 at 9:34pm
This is pretty much "Office Space" mixed with "9 to 5", combining the "I hate my job" and "I wanna kill my boss" concepts. Frankly, this movie looks funny, and I don't think it's one of ours. However, Aniston could get a conjoined Worst Actress nod for this and "Just Go With It", mostly for "JGWI".
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2011 at 11:27pm
In much simpler terms, this is a comedic version of Strangers on a Train. Also, why would Aniston get a "conjoined" nod if she's actually good in this film? She plays a different character than her past several roles, and I think she plays it really well.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 5:28am
No, because "Strangers on a Train" had nothing to do with the characters' work or bosses, whereas "9 To 5" was about killing your boss. And you know how the Razzies combine all the movies the said nominee was in as their worst acting nod? That will probably happen to Aniston if she gets nominated this year.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 6:42am
Yeah. I don't think a lot of people hated Aniston in THE SWITCH, but...
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 8:07am
Um this is getting decent reviews. 

I don't what Jesse's problem is, but he needs to stop trying to get all these films on our nominating ballot. 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 8:42am
Actually, Strangers on a Train is a good description of this movie because that was about a guy who wants his wife dead, so he picks a stranger so they could kill each other's wives. In fact, that movie is even mentioned in Horrible Bosses.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Sorry, but you've got the actual plot of STRANGERS ON A TRAIN (one of my favorite good movies) all garbled -- Farley Granger plays an up-and-coming tennis champion who randomly meets Robert Walker on a train. Walker, a sociopath, proposes "switching murders" with Granger, who wants a divorce from his wife. In exchange for Walker killing the wife (which he does in a memorable "Lover's Island" sequence) Granger is expected to kill Walker's domineering, wealthy father (which he does not). 

I have always considered the 1951 original (which has been variously knocked off and/or imitated multiple times) to be one of Alfred Hitchcock's most under-rated films... 

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 11:27am
"Strangers on a Train" was about killing family members ... not bosses, as Head Razz mentioned. Again, it goes back to "9 To 5", with the added humor of "Office Space".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 11:46am
THROW MOMMA FROM THE TRAIN anyone?  

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

I have always considered the 1951 original (which has been variously knocked off and/or imitated multiple times) to be one of Alfred Hitchcock's most under-rated films...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 11:52am
I've heard plenty more reviews mentioning the said Hitchcock film than the 9 to 5 movie, but I really don't wanna make a big deal out of this so I'll just stop at that.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 4:05pm
It's Certified Fresh at Rotten Tomatoes: "It's nasty, uneven, and far from original, but thanks to a smartly assembled cast that makes the most of a solid premise, it works" 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Which is why it appears here as a Member Started Forum, and not an "official" discussion -- With this cast and promos that make it look at least mildly funny, BOSSES doesn't (to me, anyway) have the earmarks of an obvious RAZZIE® Contender...  

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 7:41pm
The only aspect "borrowed" from "Strangers" is the idea of the workers killing each other's bosses instead of their own, so they will not be suspects in the murders. 

Other than that, the killing-your-boss idea is clearly lifted from "9 To 5," which I suppose is not being mentioned because it had a mostly a female cast, while this one is mostly males?  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>