Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2011 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

HORRIBLE BOSSES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HORRIBLE BOSSES
    Posted: July 09 2011 at 12:51pm
Why is this forum even here? Sure, it has Jennifer Aniston, but I would hardly call this Razzie worthy.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2011 at 8:30am
I just saw it.And I saw at the cinema,which helped a lot because when I hear other people laughing at a movie I laugh a little more.

While the premise isn't original(at one point they actually mention STRANGERS ON A TRAIN and THROW MOMMA OF THE TRAIN),the script is great.Not just because it's funny,but the plot it's well constructed.So many unpredictable turns.

There are very good performances,and the 3 leads have good chemistry and timing(the bloopers during the end credits show how much they improvised).

I give it 9/10.
Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

Not sure if Aniston should be listed on our Nominating Ballot for this title -- I will need to see it before finalizing the ballot.
Please don't!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2011 at 2:07am
Then let's hope it doesn't go on the Nominating Ballot. I regret starting this forum in the first place.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2011 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by jesse685

Then let's hope it doesn't go on the Nominating Ballot. I regret starting this forum in the first place.
I don't think forums should be started just because there's a single past Razzie offender in a said movie. There needs to be other warning signs besides that (likewise with the upcoming "Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark").
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
bthreeforum View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote bthreeforum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2011 at 4:54pm
Horrible is the best way to describe this movie. Not only was it not written well, the actors were terrible and should be embarrassed to take the parts, it was mindless, unappealing and raunchy. How was the old was the writer about 19 years old. The comedy was so far from funny, there was not one point I laughed. I think the writer was trying to get the shock factor reaction from all of the cursing- but even the cursing was boring. There was no message and no point to the movie. Jennifer Aniston did a terrible job of acting and she didn't even look good or pull off what was supposed to be a sexy character, instead she came off cheap and raunchy and made the character not believable- which is also the fault of the terrible writers. Don't waster your money or time.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2011 at 5:57pm
Welcome.I agree that they should've made it clearer what and if there was a message.I actually liked what they did with her character.Making such an attractive woman look so crazy we're against her(let's face it,lots of men ignore she harrases DALE and are all like "Who cares if she's hot?")can only be accomplished by making her that cartoonish.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2011 at 7:00pm
This is a bromance movie, not meant to be seen in theaters. You rent it, take it home, watch it with all your guy friends while eating pizza and drinking beer ... and yelling out about how "hot" Jennifer Aniston is. That's all there is to it.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
The Larch View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2011 at 1:13pm
Much like combining Worst Couple & Worst Ensemble into ONE category, NOT having Brendan Fraser on the Worst Actor ballot last year, and nominating George W.Bush and the bulk of his cabinet in 2004 for NO sensible reason Thumbs DownX3, I'm thinking the member-started forum concept is a BAD idea, when Bad Teacher AND Horrible Bosses have been cited, but NOT the far less funny/useful (not to mention unliked) The Change-Up, which has so far escaped the Razzie wrath, when it SHOULD'VE been named Worst of the Weak Thumbs Down Nuke(if not the whole Month) INSTEAD of the latest Planet of the Apes ...
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2011 at 9:05pm
Agree, I've decided to put up a forum immediately, that way we can discuss how horrible The Change-Up is.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2011 at 6:57am
Although, you have to point out the biggest flaw of the movie: what red-blooded, American male is going to say no to a sex crazed Jennifer Aniston, to the point that he decides his only option is to kill her instead of getting all sweaty with her? Yeah, logic problem much?
LindaDN8 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote LindaDN8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2011 at 1:25am
Honestly, I actually liked the film.  Jennifer Aniston was quite funny in her role.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12