Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > HALLOWEEN 2007
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

HORRORS! Another Blood-n-Gutz Remake?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HORRORS! Another Blood-n-Gutz Remake?!?!?
    Posted: October 05 2007 at 8:16am

This just in, Brett Ratner has been slated to direct "Escape From New York". Yeah, I've lost all faith in this now...

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Originally posted by deadguy76

Is there some conspiracy out there to remake classic John Carpenter movies into crappy movies? I hear they're going to remake Escape from New York, directed by... Len Wiseman. With Underworld and Van Helsing under his belt this is destined to bomb.
                                                                        Actually, Stephen Sommers directed "Van Helsing". Wiseman, also, directed "Live Free Or Die Hard" so I have faith in it.

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 4:03am

FYC - Halloween

Worst Picture

Worst Director - Rob Zombie

Worst Screenplay

Worst Remake or Rip-Off

tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 9:07am

...also Malcolm McDowell as Worst Actor (for Doctor Loomis) & Tyler Mane as Worst Supporting Actor (for Michael Myers)... 

Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 1:47pm

I hear there's gonna be a "Friday the 13th" and "Hellraiser" remakes. Michael Bay is supposed to be producing the "13th" one. Gee, I'm really excited for that

When will they stop? I think there should be a new category called "WORST UNSCARY MOVIE".

Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 1:54pm
I didn't think McDowell was bad
SlammyFewFew View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote SlammyFewFew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2007 at 12:19pm

I enjoyed it!  I don't mean to be the odd one out, but I thought it was good. Certain parts I could have been left out, but I think it's a fun Halloween film.  I do wish it was released closer to Halloween, though. It would've done better & would created more hype... 

Response from Head RAZZberry: I would guess the makers of HALLOWEEN 2007 were afraid to go head-to-head with SAW IV, which opens this Friday, and has tracking numbers that suggest it might buck the Blood-n-Guts-Horror-Movies-All-Bombing-Big-Time trend that's been confounding Hollywood of late... 

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2007 at 11:00am

Ratner has been evicted as director of the "Escape from New York" remake! No new director has been selected yet, but I'd like to see Alex Proyas direct it...

Originally posted by deadguy76

Is there some conspiracy out there to remake classic John Carpenter movies into crappy movies? I hear they're going to remake Escape from New York, directed by... Len Wiseman. With Underworld and Van Helsing under his belt this is destined to bomb.
                                                                        Actually, Stephen Sommers directed "Van Helsing". Wiseman, also, directed "Live Free Or Die Hard" so I have faith in it.
                                                               This just in, Brett Ratner has been slated to direct "Escape From New York". Yeah, I've lost all faith in this now.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2007 at 6:43am
This just in: Gerard Butler has dropped out of the "Escape From New York" remake. It'll proplably get scrapped now.
Kenny View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2007 at 10:35pm

Give that long-haired, redneck obsessed metal guy his Razzie.

I love the original, and I hated this ridiculous, laughable remake.

CDNDestroyer View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote CDNDestroyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2008 at 3:46am
Devil's Rejects was probably as "good" a movie as Rob Zombie will ever make.  It was fun, had some good character development (for what it was) and told a story.  It wasn't anything groundbreaking, but it was a film and a watchable-enough one.

Halloween was terrible, especially the second half where it had every, single slasher movie cliche in recent memory occuring in rapid succession.   The first half was good enough for watching, Malcolm McDowell should not get a Worst Actor nod as he was the only one holding the film together at parts.  I liked the ideas that were presented for Michael Myers' background though some were poorly done (his stepdad had so many unintentionally hilarious lines). 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2011 at 4:07pm
Before I begin eviserating this, I'd like to say something that has relevence to this. Quentin Tarantino is one of the greatest directors and writers in history, but one of the worst actors too. Rob Zombie made good music with White Zombie and on his solo career, but completely bombs when it comes to making movies. The Devil's Rejects may have been good, but that appears to be a fluke after watching his other movies.

The good:

Malcolm McDowell: McDowell is fine here as Loomis. He's not as good as Donald Pleasence in the original ones, but still OK. I won't be as kind to him when I get to Halloween II.

Danielle Harris: Harris you deserve better than this! Brad Dourif is good as her dad too.

The soundtrack: Classic tunes such as Kiss's God Of Thunder, Rush's Tom Sawyer, Blue Oyster Cult's (Don't Fear) The Reaper, The Stooges's 1969, Nazareth's Love Hurts, and others pop up here.

The bad:

Scout Taylor-Compton: Taylor-Compton's acting is pretty bad as Laurie. Also, her voice is so annoying, it will make your head explode like Scanners.

Rob Zombie's direction: Several scenes are badly directed, like the confrontation in the bath-room near the beginning of the film.

Rob Zombie's script: While it does follow the original storyline decently, the things added that weren't in the original (i.e. Michael's time in Smith's Grove) are pretty boring.

The ugly:

One of the lamest Freudian excuses ever: What made the original so unnerving was that little Michael seemed so normal when he killed his sister. In this one, he's given a reason: he had a crappy family. If you listen to Zombie, he says Michael is evil because he's evil, not because of his family. If this is true, than it's completely undermines by the film. If he wanted to show his idea as true, he should have given him a completely normal, loving family.

Pumping up the gore: Unlike most people here, I don't mind super-gory movies as long as they have a decent plot. This doesn't have one. Zombie said that he wanted to honor Carpenter's original vision, but I really think he just wanted to ass more gore to it. Only five people died in the original, but 21 people bite it in this. If you go to the trivia section on imdb for this one it says that 17 people died, but they're going by the director's cut. In the director's cut, Michael's escape scene is different. In the theatrical version, he escapes the prsion by killed five cops and a secretary. In the director's cut, he escapes because two of the orderlies were raping a catatonic woman. Charming. This leads to my biggest gripe of the movie...

Rob Zombie's hatred of normal people: A few questions before I get into this. Have you ever killed someone? Have you ever raped someone? Do you yell expletives every five seconds? If you answered no to any of those, Rob Zombie hates you. He fills his movies with disgusting husks of skin that he calls human beings. The only normal person in this movie was Danny Trejo's character, who's given a disturbingly gruesome death. This problem, like the other problems mentioned above, are ramped up to eleven in the sequel!

Grade: C

Next-up: Zombieween II!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2011 at 10:58am

Rob Zombie made good music with White Zombie and on his solo career, but completely bombs when it comes to making movies.
What do you think of his drawings?Such as the hallucination sequence in BEAVIS & BUTT-HEAD DO AMERICA?

Danielle Harris: Harris you deserve better than this! Brad Dourif is good as her dad too.
I didn't know he was in this.So this means that a FREDDY VS JASON/ALIEN VS PREDATOR version of MICHAEL MYERS and CHUCKY is possible?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2011 at 3:34pm

The only drawings I've seen of him were in Beavis & Butthead, which I liked.

If they do make Michael V.S. Chucky, then Dourif will do double duty like Jennifer Tilly in Seed Of Chucky.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123