Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Member Discussions & Polls > Member Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

How about new categories?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How about new categories?
    Posted: February 23 2007 at 10:14am
Originally posted by deadguy76

I had been considering having my own awards show and sending a copy to the Razzies. This was going to have all new catergories not featured anywhere else, and they were going to be incredibly funny and bitingly sarcastic. Here are some of the catergories:

"That's true art" award for best nude scene.

"Fire your agent" award for biggest waste of talent.

"Eat some food award" for most anorexic actress.

"Nepotism" award for... well, nepotism. some nominees would include Sophia Coppola, Ashley Judd, Bryce Dallas Howard, etc.

"M.I.L.F." award for hottest female actress with children. nominees would include: Kate Hudson, Kate Winslet, Catherine Zeta-Jones, etc.

I can come up with stuff like this all day, let me know if you ever need a new columnist.

You know what? I love this. I would go with ALL your suggestions.

Please, forgive my poor English. It's not my native language.
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 6:31pm
How about the Crapalcade Of Music Award for all-time worst movie songs???

Of course the song I'd LOVE to see win the first award would have to be one that did more damage to the Titanic than the iceburg... I believe it's called My Stomach Churns On...or something to that matter...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 6:42pm
I'd still say keep The Horn Blows At Midnight open for a retro award though...

With me...it's mostly tongue in cheek about Jack's name getting pn the award...

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

I would be inclined to lobby to keep Jack Benny's name off any Razzie list. His limited appearances in motion pictures is a mixed bag, but as a career body of work as an entertainer, the man casts a very long shadow. Ditto his best friend, George Burns. There are few, if any contemporary entertainers in their league.

Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by deadguy76

I had been considering having my own awards show and sending a copy to the Razzies. This was going to have all new catergories not featured anywhere else, and they were going to be incredibly funny and bitingly sarcastic. Here are some of the catergories:

"That's true art" award for best nude scene.

Let's see...ANY redhead of the female persuasion can get this one hands down...   

"Fire your agent" award for biggest waste of talent.

Hayden Christensen...Tim Allen...

"Nepotism" award for... well, nepotism. some nominees would include Sophia Coppola, Ashley Judd, Bryce Dallas Howard, etc.

And of the George Lucas clan cameos...

I can come up with stuff like this all day, let me know if you ever need a new columnist.

[/QUOTE]
sweetsounds View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote sweetsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2007 at 1:50am
How about « Worst Botox Job », for the actress who has become the least able to show expression using the upper part of her face. 
Kindly do not cloud the issue with facts - Mr. Banks in Mary Poppins
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2007 at 9:46am

Originally posted by sweetsounds

How about « Worst Botox Job », for the actress who has become the least able to show expression using the upper part of her face. 

Why limit that to just actresses? Surely Kenny Rogers deserves SOMETHING for that hatchet job he did on his face.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2007 at 11:20am
Let's see...where does this put michael jackson???
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2007 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Razzilla

Let's see...where does this put Michael Jackson???

No comment...
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2007 at 11:27am
How about the "Shave My head And Walk Me Backwards" Award for worst haircut???

[Place Britney Spears joke here]
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2007 at 4:30pm

Originally posted by Razzilla

Let's see...where does this put michael jackson???

That occured to me as well, however I figured we were probably limiting eligibility to the human race.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 8:52am
How about Ed Wood for a Career Underachievement Award...or TIM ALLEN???
Budgieboy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Budgieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 9:05pm
Most Overplayed Song In Bad Movies

Worst Parody in a Movie (Epic Movie's a certain for this)

The Award for a movie that is way too long and gets really boring after a while so it deserves an award with a very long award name.

Worst Cameo

Worst Advertisment in a Movie
A friend in need is a bloody nuisence
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2007 at 2:46pm
How about the "...AND THE BIKE YOU RODE IN AWARD" for worst use of a motorcycle in film??? Perhaps it could be shortened to the BLACK WIDOWS MEMORIAL TROPHY...but still use the same premise...
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2007 at 7:30am

Seeing how crix are responding to Spiderman 3, I am thinking about the category of Disappointment of the Year.  This award goes to tke kinds of movies with a lot of hype but a load of crap or some other kind of failure.

Spiderman 3.  A heavily hyped movie after the first 2 did great with crix and box office #s.  Now critics are regarding this as a chick flick and a poor attempt to cluster 3 stories together.

Grindhouse.  Top 250 IMDB, Certified Fresh at RT, a ton of positive hype, yet people still won't watch it!

Shrek 3 and PoTC:AWE.  If they follow the same path as Spidey 3.

Transformers.  Live action and July 4th release.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2007 at 2:55am

Spidey 3 is unquestionably a mess. You know a film is in serious trouble in Spiderman's most impressive save in the whole film came at the very end, when he prevented Kirsten Dunst from belting out a second song.

Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2007 at 8:15am
None of the villains were as good as Willem Dafoe's Goblin, or Alfred Molina's Doc Ock. Spider-man cried like a little girl more than a hero should. Mary Jane was as annoying as ever, yeah, this was easily the worst of the trilogy. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>