Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE: THE BEGINNING
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

I (CHAIN) Saw What You Did Last Summer??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I (CHAIN) Saw What You Did Last Summer??
    Posted: October 01 2006 at 4:26am

IT'S HOLLYWOOD'S FIRST EVER "PREQUEL to a REMAKE"...WHICH BEGS THE QUESTION: JUST HOW MUCH MORE UN-ORIGINAL CAN MOVIES GET??  FEEL FREE to JOIN in RAGGING on SOMETHING THAT, 30 YEARS AGO, WOULD HAVE OPENED ONLY in DRIVE-INS...

"Ah, yes...I dismember it well..."

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 6:05am
Hey, I though the first one was preety good good. Pretty better update to a laughable '70s cheesy horror movie.

I might see the second movie as well.
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 3:31pm
In all fairness, in every review on rotten tomatoes.com, the critic has praised the performance of underrated character actor R. Lee Ermy. I've liked him for a while, he was great in Full Metal Jacket, good in Se7en, and I liked him in Willard and the first TCM remake. I'll see this film just for him.
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 9:04pm
Don't forget Dead Man Walking! I never understood why every horror movie has to go back to "the beginning"...
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2006 at 5:23am
"Dead Man Walking"???

Are you thinking of the Susan Surandon/Sean Penn movie?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2006 at 10:02am
Yeah, Ermy was good in that, too.
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 6:08am

It totally looks like a Razzie contender, since it's October and it's the month in which a ton of horror movies come out to scare the living daylights out of everyone, that's only when they find it entertaining.

p.s. I'll spot Jordana Brewster as a possible nominee for Worst Actress for this film and for ANNAPOLIS.

Jordana Brewster in New Line's Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2006 at 9:26pm

This movie got two thumbs down this week. Korianna said the producers were unsure if they were going to let her in to the preview since she was three months pregnant. She said instead of being scared, she was laughing.

Richard Roeper said the best actor was Jordana Brewster's jeans. Hey HeadRazz since you're the only one old enough to have been around in the 70's, weren't women's jeans worn above the waist????

Oh man, I just saw this and boy was I disappointed. Sure there was plenty of blood. It was just so illogical that I was wondering how a family so stupid could survive without getting caught.

Sure R. Lee Ermey was good, but he was just playing himself.

"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

ArtGirl138 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2006 at 12:25pm

Ugh...what's NEXT in the prequel-to-a-remake film concept? The Omen: Conception of Damien?

Oh, EW, I just got some baaaaad images in my head  

Self-Proclaimed Cartoon Geek
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2006 at 1:57pm
Considering it was the devil nailing a Jackal.....God, that'd be weird, but it could work if the former were played by Jack Nicholson or Al Pacino, reprising their roles in the Witches of Eastwick, and The Devil's Advocate, respectivelly. Viggo Mortensen in the Prophecy could have any woman he wanted, ( Well I guess Pacino and Nicholson could have too, but they strike you as the type that would be into that freaky stuff.) so he's out. Peter Stormare wasn't great in Constantine. Who could play the voice of the Jackal ( No Bruce Willis jokes, please.) Take it Deadguy!.......
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2006 at 9:47pm
Hmm, who's got a wicked enough voice? Lance Hendriksen, Sam Elliot, Michael Clark Duncan, and of course Sanndman's favorite: Brian Cox.

- Joe Queenan

sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2007 at 4:12pm
I do think it was a good idea that Head RAZZ split the Worst Remake or Sequel category into Worst Remake or Rip-Off and Worst Prequel or Sequel. Since the title of this movie is Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, it qualifies as a prequel. And with a new Halloween movie coming in just 276 days (as of this posting: January 28, 2007 at 12:12 am), there'll be even more lousy horror movies in October, 2007.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2007 at 4:46am
From deadguy's last post in this forum, yeah, girls did wear their jeans above the waist in the '70's. They continued doing that into the '80s, you can tell from a bunch of those '80s films and even those TV shows released in the '80s.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2007 at 5:34pm
There have been others that have had wicked performances, but sometimes not that good at all: like Christopher Lloyd, Tim Curry, etc. Some have been absolutely great, like Ralph Fiennes, and Brian Cox. Brian Cox has been excellent playing some wicked roles, like Troy and X2: X-Men United.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2007 at 5:53am
This is one example of a bad prequel. Just like the Star Wars prequels, even though I enjoyed all three of them. The third is my pick as the best of them. The first prequel is my pick as the worst of them (as well as the worst of the entire Star Wars saga).
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2007 at 2:37am

So, wait a minute, deadguy, Richard Roeper said the best actor was Jordana Brewster's jeans? Wow, that's weird but I think that's also totally cool. I did think she was pretty hot in those jeans anyway.

Jordana Brewster in New Line's Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>