Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > MEMBER STARTED FORUMS on 2014 Titles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

I, FRANKENSTEIN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I, FRANKENSTEIN
    Posted: January 25 2014 at 12:48pm

MEMBER-STARTED FORUM DISCUSSION

INFO LINKS for THIS FILM

REVIEWS @ ROTTEN TOMATOES   

DAILY GROSSES PAGE @ BOX OFFICE MOJO   

COMPLETE CREDITS on IMDb 

OFFICIAL SITE

NOT PRE-SCREENED FOR CRITICS UNTIL THE LAST FEW HOURS BEFORE IT OPENED IN THEATRES, I, FRANKENSTEIN STARS AARON ECKHART (PAYCHECK, THE WICKER MAN, BATTLE: LOS ANGELES) AS FRANKENSTEIN’S MONSTER CAUGHT BETWEEN TWO WARRING FACTIONS OF GARGOYLES AND DEMONS. BILL NIGHY (UNDERWORLD, DOOGAL, G-FORCE, TOTAL RECALL REMAKE) STARS AS NABERIUS, THE PRINCE OF DEMONS VYING FOR ULTIMATE POWER. HOW CAN THE GARGOYLES OR DEMONS ACHIEVE THIS, YOU ASK? IT’S SIMPLE! FIGURE OUT THE SECRET to the FRANKEN-MONSTER’S IMMORTALITY...AND EXPLOIT THAT SECRET TO CHEAT DEATH!

AS YOU MIGHT’VE GUESSED FROM THE STYLE OF THIS FILM, IT’S FROM THE CREATORS OF THE UNDERWORLD SERIES. EXCEPT FOR JAI COURTNEY (FROM A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD)THE LEAD ACTORS HERE HAVE ALL FALLEN FROM GRACE: AARON ECKHART USED TO BE KNOWN FOR SUCH GREAT FILMS AS ERIN BROCKOVICH, THANK YOU FOR SMOKING, AND RABBIT HOLE, BUT THE CROWNING JEWEL OF HIS CAREER WOULD HAVE TO HAVE BE HIS ROLE AS HARVEY DENT IN THE DARK KNIGHT. AND NIGHY? HE'S HAD LOTS of GREAT ROLES, INCLUDING THE LATE MINISTER OF MAGIC RUFUS SCRIMGEOUR IN THE 2 DEATHLY HALLOWS FILMS, ALONG WITH RANGO AND THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL IN THIS DECADE ALONE. ALL ONE CAN DO IS HOPE THAT HIS STINT HERE AS THE PRINCE OF DARKNESS WON’T UNLIFTABLY CURSE HIS CAREER!

BUT ENOUGH FROM ME! I’D LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK! TEAR THIS FILM PIECEMEAL AND STITCH THE PIECES TOGETHER INTO YOUR OWN FRANKENSTINIAN ARGUMENT AS TO WHY I, FRANKENSTEIN DESERVES TO GET RAZZED!

NABERIUS: BUT YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO BE MADE OF PIECES FROM A DOZEN CORPSES! HOW ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL LATELY?!

ADAM FRANKENSTEIN: NO BLAME FRANKENSTEIN! PLENTY UNDEAD PEOPLE TOO BEAUTIFUL FOR OWN GOOD LATELY! DIRECTOR GIVE ORDER TO SEW ON WARRIOR BUILD! FILM GOERS TODAY TOO EASY TO CONVINCE WITH HOT BODY!

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 12:58pm
Talk about missing the point of a great novel. The story of Frankenstein is about how cruel humanity can be and how we as humans need to know when to stop messing with scientific endeavors especially when messing with the balance can be catastrophic.

I, Frankenstein might as well be a show on the CW. This character isn't a monster, it's a model with a few stiches and scars. To quote a Critic on Rotten Tomatoes: "Poor Mary Shelley must be rolling in her Grave".
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 1:00pm
I should point out that Bill Nighy was voicing in the original movie, Magic Roundabout, not that redub piece of filth known as Doogal, he was redubbed by Jimmy Fallon. Anyways, back on topic.

2 to 3 years ago, I was not for having Aaron Eckhart for Worst Actor for Battle: Los Angeles, because I thought he is too good of an actor, and he is also slightly too new, so I wanted to let him slide by.

This time, screw it, he is deserving of consideration now.

Also worthy of note, the guy who created the graphic novel this film was based on, as well as wrote the screen story for, also partially created Underworld. BUT MORE THAN THAT, that same man, Kevin Grevioux, also has a supporting role in this I, Frankenstein movie. That possibly could have given him Worst Supporting Actor consideration, but he is unfortunately not too big of a name.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 1:04pm
Jeremy Jahns review:

Chris Stuckmann review:

Schmoes Know review:

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 2:52pm
R.T. (5%): "Loud, incoherent, and dramatically listless, the film is a remarkably dull fantasy adventure that fails to generate much excitement or interest in its characters".

Aaron Eckhart is also going to be in the Oscar baiter INCARNATE, Miranda Otto in THE HOMESMAN, and, Bill Nighy in PRIDE. Meanwhile, Jai Courtney is going to be in the new Y.A. book series adaptation DIVERGENT, Russell Crowe's directing debut THE WATER DIVINER, and, the Angeline Jolie/Coen bros. collaboration UNBROKEN. If you look at script writer and director Stuart Beattie's resume, you'll see one of the most uneven careers ever.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 6:10pm
I just came back from seeing I, RAZZIE!

All I can say is HOLY MOTHER OF SWEET BREAKFAST MEATS!

We're not at the end of January and we already have TWO major contenders for Next Year! This and Hercules. BOTH Kellan Lutz and Aaron Eckhardt are locks for WORST ACTOR!!!!!!!!
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by moviecritic1994

Talk about missing the point of a great novel. The story of Frankenstein is about how cruel humanity can be and how we as humans need to know when to stop messing with scientific endeavors especially when messing with the balance can be catastrophic.

I, Frankenstein might as well be a show on the CW. This character isn't a monster, it's a model with a few stiches and scars. To quote a Critic on Rotten Tomatoes: "Poor Mary Shelley must be rolling in her Grave".

With all due respects to Moviecritic, the CW is too good for this MESSTERPIECE! 

It deserves to be trapped on the Sy-Fy Channel!!!!
Props to SchumacherH8ter for his eagle eyes!
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 9:23pm
Don't you mean the SyFy Channel?
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2014 at 12:01pm
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2014 at 12:19pm
Should I just start making the 2014 Razzie FYC ADS now?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2014 at 1:20pm
I believe it's better to do it during the awards season. That's when everybody would see it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2014 at 1:22pm
I was only joking VITS
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2014 at 2:27pm
I know. I said that in case someone else wanted to do it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2014 at 10:44am
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 9:42am
Ernesto Garratt (2/5): "Mary Shelley must be rolling on her grave [...] At one point, the now effeminate and without truly terrible physical deformities title character says (with a voice as monotonous as a commentator in a chess game) "I have no soul". That applies to the movie as well. It's made of piece from BUFFY (without its sense of humour), GARGOYLES (the animated series) and UNDERWORLD. [...] Shelley highlighted the idea of experimenting and playing God. This movie forgets that and places the character in a "fairy" universe of intangible solutions, with demons and gargoyles and tricks from the hat instead of the "realistic" reality".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 8:09pm
I just saw it. It currently ranks #66/86 in my All-Time Worst List. For your consideration:
-Worst Actor for Aaron Eckhart.
-Worst Supp. Actor for Bill Nighy and Jai Courtney and Socratis Otto.
-Worst Screen Ensemble.
-Worst Director.
-Worst Visual Effects.
-Worst Remake/Rip-Off.
-Worst Picture.

Oh, and maybe Worst Screenplay (the graphic novel had more types of monsters, including vampires, and they did the right thing by eliminating that during the adaptation process).

By the way, I just read that, despite the bad box office results, they want to turn this into a franchise... and make a crossover film with UNDERWORLD.
Dead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>