Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > LICENSE TO WED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

"I Now Pronounce You Dull and Boring!"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "I Now Pronounce You Dull and Boring!"
    Posted: July 01 2007 at 4:58am

WHEN HE'S FUNNY, THERE'S NO ONE FUNNIER. BUT WHEN ROBIN WILLIAMS ISN'T FUNNY...OUCH! YET ANOTHER in an ENDLESS SERIES of FORMULAIC COMEDIES WASTING ONE of OUR NATIONAL COMIC TREASURES, LICENSE TO WED COULD BE GROUNDS for ANULLMENT of ROBIN's MANAGEMENT CONTRACT. IF IT's HIS AGENT and NOT HIM WHO KEEPS PICKING THIS CRAP, THAT IS...

Williams: "And you thought RV was an un-Godly mess!"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2007 at 9:00am
Robin can be funny in a whole bunch of movies, but when he's unfunny, I'm all like UUGGHH!! But if he's really funny in a bad movie, like Death to Smoochy, then i'm ok with that. Death to Smoochy was pretty bad, but there were a whole bunch of funny parts in there. Everyone still argues about Robin NOT deserving that RAZZIE nod in 2002 for Worst Supporting Actor for that film.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2007 at 3:02am

HeadRAZZ, I completely agree with you! I just really miss the Old Robin Williams, who used to do both great comedic and dramatic movies, and not this recycled garbage. As it is, this looks like a rip off of another piece of garbage, "You, Me, and Dupree" from last year (except Robin has taken over the Owen Wilson Part). I think Robin has been following my sign-off quote a little too closely of late!

I think I will see the Transformers instead!

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

WHEN HE'S FUNNY, THERE'S NO ONE FUNNIER. BUT WHEN ROBIN WILLIAMS ISN'T FUNNY...OUCH! YET ANOTHER in an ENDLESS SERIES of FORMULAIC COMEDIES WASTING ONE of OUR NATIONAL COMIC TREASURES,

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
loor.vic View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote loor.vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2007 at 5:57am

And please add to that list of bad movies that meant Robbin Williams' disgrace:

+ Father's Day (film where he competed against Crystal to win the 1997's WORSE LEADING ACTOR IN A COMEDY Award!!)

+ Death to Smoochy (I was quietly thinking: "Please Robbin Williams... grow up!, it's suppossed you're quiet mature to wear those ridiculous costumes and dancing like a stupid kid's star. Terribly overacted performance that made him a fair deserver of a Razzie nomination )

+ Insomnia (He suppossedly played a villain that felt like he had a Mrs. Doubtfire inside who was claiming for getting out and make the audience laugh).

+ Bicentenial Man (A robot hired by a family to serve as a maid and then all his struggles to be accepted as a human make this film terribly boring, uncharming, unfunny and unromantic).

+ Jakob's Liar (An overacted Williams that tried to act like a polish and jewish man who is living in a concentration champ meant one of the biggest failures and dissappontments in all Williams' career).

+ Club Paradise (Unfunny comedy where both Williams and O'Toole were charotic)

+ Toys (My goodness!. There was any reason to make such a bad and ridiculous movie like this. A battle between good toys and bad soldiers. It was another overacted performance by Williams, saying very preposterous lines)

Robin Williams is a great comedy actor, the problem precisely is that he's been wasted for years in bad, ridiculous and unfunny comedies that make him look awfully bad and untalented when he's really gifted (he is great improvising and making people laugh), he chooses bad roles, when he is one of the most prolific and hardworker Hollywood's actors. I miss that great Williams of films like: Dead Poets Society, Good Morning Vietnam, The Fisher King, Good Will Hunting and Mrs. Doubtfire.

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2007 at 6:41am

Well, his good movie this year will be August Rush. GREAT TRAILER! LOOKS AWESOME/INSPIRATIONAL!!

Response from Head RAZZberry: For those interested, here is a LINK to the Official Site to watch the trailer for AUGUST RUSH. Looks to me like it has the potential to go either way: Inspirational modern fairy tale...or emotional mush, unworthy of the talents involved. Let's hope, for Williams' sake, it's the former... 

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2007 at 3:23pm
He was terrific playing Teddy Roosevelt in a supporting role in NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM back in 2006 as well. And yeah, I think it looks like AUGUST RUSH might be a good film...
#1-Film Freak!! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Film Freak!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 6:21am

I saw Robin Williams on the Larry King show over the weekend, and he spoke a lot about being recently out of rehab. This may sound mean, but if he signed to do "License to Wed" BEFORE he agreed to go to rehab, that might go a long way toward explaining his making this film (and several other recent duds in which he's appeared)... 

Nobody LUVS movies more than ME!
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 2:06am
Add to Williams' recent disasters-- RV and Man of the Year. The latter just might qualify as his worst movie ever. If Williams continues to assault our sensibilites with the sort of garbage he's been making lately, we may be the ones who need rehab!  
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
luvsflix View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote luvsflix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 12:47pm
Most awful movie ever! The way the cast was hyping it on every talk show you would think that it was going to be up for Academy Awards!! JK and Mandy Moore had no chemistry, and Robin Williams was just creepy. I felt my skin crawl. Really! What gets into the heads of People like JK and MM to do this garbage? They should both lay low for a while, to show the world that they too are shamed and remorseful for their association with this bomb!  
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 2:37pm
Has the church (any church?) complained openly, since this is clearly something that would (should?) have them up in arms.  Really, God in reality would probably have no qualms about striking down--probably as long and painfully as possible--anyone who claims to be his faithful servant, yet pulls the sadism-promoting actions Williams' character does here.  Further proof that the Apocalypse just might be upon us...? 
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2007 at 1:53am

Originally posted by wetbandit82

Really, God in reality would probably have no qualms striking down--probably as long and painfully as possible--anyone who claims to be his faithful servant yet pulls the sadism-promoting actions Williams's character does here.  

That might have been the most realistic aspect of the movie. The single strongest basis for my own agnosticism is the fact that God doesn't regularly strike down a lot of the people who claim to speak on his behalf, given the ridiculous things they say and do.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
luvsflix View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote luvsflix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2007 at 3:44am
The Catholic church did complain about Williams. He was very arrogant about the complaint on the Today show. He thinks he is a little better than the average person, and I get the feeling he keeps doing these bombs as a kind of "in your face public, I'm Robin Williams" type thing. Moore and Krasinki went along for a bad ride.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2007 at 11:20am

Check out the Box Office #s. This film's definitely not just a bomb by critics, but also at the Box Office, making a miserable, embarrasing, pathetic $21.8 Million after Wednesday's results...

Response from Head RAZZberry: For those who wanna assess this catastrophe for themsleves, here's a LINK to the daily grosses page at B.O. MoJo for LICENSE...

dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2007 at 3:55pm
OK, I will admit, I went to this movie expecting something better than what I got. I also admit that it had a few laughs (most of which were from John Krasinski's facial expressions). But I would say that the worst part of this film was that little boy! He was so annoying as Robin Williams' "partner in crime" as he was in "The Greatest Game Ever Played" and "Nancy Drew" (why aren't we discussing that?). As for Robin Williams, I do think he needs to pick better movies to do. Although I did like "RV" a lot, it was mostly because of JoJo's performance as the typical teenage daughter. And I wouldn't say Mandy Moore is fading, but I do think she also needs to step up her game a bit after this and "Because I Said So". Her next movie "Dedication" seems to be getting rave reviews, so we'll see...
#1-Film Freak!! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Film Freak!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2007 at 5:28am

Maybe Robin Williams does deserve a Razzie nomination for this...maybe he doesn't (there are far worse performances to choose from already in 2007). But that hideous little sidekick of his, played by Josh Flitter, definitely deserves a Razzing. And since our rules say that one actor can be lisited for multiple sucky performances in a single year, the fact that Flitter was equally irksome as the assistant to Nancy Drew should make him a Worst Supporting Actor shoo-in! 

Nobody LUVS movies more than ME!
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2007 at 5:47pm

Josh Flitter is now going to become The New Ace Ventura, in a "prequel" entitled "Ace Ventura Junior." Guess we can nominate him this year as Worst Supporting Actor and maybe next year as Worst Actor when Ace Ventura Junior comes out... 

Response from Head RAZZberry: An entire movie centered on Josh Flitter? Maybe it can be used to break down suspected terrorists being interrogated at Guantanamo...or would that violate the Geneva Conventions?? 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>