Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX! > SAW 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

I SAW 3 What You Did Last Halloween?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I SAW 3 What You Did Last Halloween?!?!?
    Posted: October 26 2006 at 7:11am
The only review on rotten tomatoes so far (From coming soon.net) gives it a six out of ten. The reviewer seems to think that they're running out of ideas, but, like me, thinks Tobin Bell's Jigsaw is a great villain he says: "I'm not trying to be mean, but Shawnee Smith really is a terrible actress, and she's much more convincing as a victim than she is as a villain. Then again, she has to compete with Tobin Bell, who has turned the subdued menace of his character into an art form." I love villains like that. I always preferred Kevin Spacey's John Doe over Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal Lector.
zicofirol View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote zicofirol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2006 at 6:46am
The first one was passably bad (you might rent it and just be annoyed that you paid for it) but the 2nd one was laughable! Besides the death traps, neither movie had much going for it. Too bad, because it's a good idea, and they could have been great pshycological thrillers if done better (in all areas).
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2006 at 1:17pm

The greatest acting accomplishment in both Saw movies was the fact that Tobin Bell managed to escape with his full dignity (maybe a little more) intact. He's quite good in these movies. The usually good Cary Elwes was a bit of a dissapointment in the first one, as was Danny Glover. Also, I found it funny that Jigsaw in the second one closely resembled Emperor Palpatine from The Star Wars films.

Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2006 at 9:21am
I love psychological horror movies, and I prefer the "Saw" franchise
over "Hostel".

Here's how I would rate the first two:
I - Classic
II - Meh.

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2006 at 6:32am

A THIRD INSTALLMENT of MAYHEM and GORE from the FOLKS WHO INFLICTED TWO PREVIOUS SAW MOVIES on the WORLD? NOW ALL WE NEED IS for SCTV's COUNT FLOYD (COMPLETE with CAPE and PHONY FANGS) to DECLARE: "OOOH, SCARY!"

"Okay, so, like...maybe my first clue this was no run-of-the-mill dentist's office should've been those chains..."

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12