Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX! > SAW 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

I SAW 3 What You Did Last Halloween?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I SAW 3 What You Did Last Halloween?!?!?
    Posted: February 08 2010 at 2:59pm

Is that against the site rules?

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2010 at 1:42pm
I just rated it on Rotten Tomatoes.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/user/812172/ratings
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2010 at 12:54pm
[Post deleted]
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2011 at 7:44pm
Saw III, oh Saw III! While it's not as bad as Saw V and on the same level as Saw 3D, it just feels like the worst to me. I think it's because Saw V came after two crappy Saw movies while this one came after two good Saw movies. That being said, I'll try to rate this fairly.

The good:

Shawnee Smith: After her meh performance in the first one and her marginally better performance in the second one, Smith finally gives a decent performance.

The bad:

The script: The writing for this is piss-poor. While there is one good legitimate twist, (the one about Amanda's traps being intentionaly unescapable.) it mostly sloppy.

The traps: The traps in this aren't thought-out-well,  mean-spirited at times, and seemed to be designed for grossness instead of terror. In particular...

The pig corpse trap: This scene is WAY to gross! To explain it, a person is trapped at the bottom of a pit and a bunch of maggoty pig corpses are ground up so he'll drown in it. Even worse, the person at the bottom is a judge who doesn't seem to do anything wrong! At least the traps preceding it and succeding it where guilty of something to marginally "justify" their torture!* Sure he gave the killer a light sentence, but the evidence was minimal and that was probably the best they could do. It's like Law Abiding Citizen all over again!

The ugly:

Angus MacFayden: MacFayden plays Jeff who lost his son to a negligent driver. We should feel sorry for him, but he's annoying and poorly-acted. He's, also, a massive prick. He's one of the most annoying horror movie protaginists in a while, comparing to Tommy in Friday The 13th V!

Well, that's Saw III. Man, it was boring. Grade: C

Next-up: Saw IV!

*The girl withheld evidence and the other guy ran over a child.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2013 at 9:56am
My review of the franchise (skip to 07:31):

Any thoughts?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12