Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > COMPLETE LIST of 2011 ELIGIBLE RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Ideas for people to Co-Host

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ideas for people to Co-Host
    Posted: May 10 2011 at 5:37am
I know, I know, it's early, but as the old saying goes, the early bird catches the worm.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, Here are my personal suggestions:

Doug Walker, known by many a movie geek on the internet as The Nostalgia Critic and That Guy With the Glasses, whom has given comedic negative reviews to many movies bad movies that people felt nostalgic about, including some Razzie nominees, even a very tiny few that won Worst Picture(eg: Howard the Duck, and Battlefield: Earth) His character's mannerisms are somewhat based off of Daffy Duck. He has also done AskThatGuy, and Bum Reviews, and he also has a very good vocal range, going from high-pitched to Santa Claus type low. He also can do a pretty good Raoul Duke impression: http://thatguywiththeglasses.wikia.com/wiki/ThatGuyWithTheGlasses , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostalgia_critic and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That_Guy_with_the_Glasses 

Oh, and he also has a brother (Rob Walker, known by many as "The Other Guy", and his famous character, Santa Christ: http://thatguywiththeglasses.wikia.com/wiki/The_Other_Guy) and an Indian friend named Bhargav Dronamraju, and he usually spoofs the character of Ma-Ti from Captain Planet (http://thatguywiththeglasses.wikia.com/wiki/Bhargav_Dronamraju). TRhey could be good hosts too.

Mike Stoklasa, Known to a true Star Wars fan as either his Youtube name, RedLetterMedia, or by the name of the character he plays, Mr. Plinkett. He plays a senile and psychotic old man that has a voice that is a cross between Elwood Blues of The Blues Brothers and Buffalo Bill of Silence of the Lambs. He done many indepth and satrical reviews as that character on Youtube and Blip, but his most famous are his reviews of the Star Wars prequels, giving very analytical reasons as to why they are bad: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RedLetterMedia

PS: Roger Ebert is a fan of both Doug and Mike.

Spill.com is another good place to find co-hosts, cause they actually have a guy known as a robot named Co-Host. They have five reviewers in all, each with their own unique personality and thoughts, but it comes to certain bad movies, they mostly agree it's awful. They usually make very crude and controversial jokes during their jokes, most of them involve black people, because two of the reviewers are, infact, black. Here is one of their best reviews: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX_o4d6tdtM 
Oh, and one more thing, the leader of the site, Korey Coleman, helped make Space Jam. Not a joke, it's true.

One more suggestion I have for a Co-Host is Gabriella Cedillo. For those who don't recognize that name right away, she is known for this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers:_Dark_of_the_Moon#accidents

Maybe this could be her chance to get back at Bay for hurting so badly, mentally, and physically. 
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2011 at 1:52pm
My vote goes to the Movie Preview Critic (he's based in Chicago). I'm sure with him as a co-host, Miguel will have a vein in his forehead pop. And then a second vein will pop after "Twilight" doesn't win Worst Picture for the 4th year in a row.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2011 at 2:22pm
That problem is that the MoviePreviewCritic hasn't really gotten attention from the media, while these guys have, meaning he's not on the same level of popularity.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2011 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by oiram

That problem is that the MoviePreviewCritic hasn't really gotten attention from the media, while these guys have, meaning he's not on the same level of popularity.
It's not like the dude that the Razzies had accept Worst Picture for "Last Airbender" was a houshold name or anything. In fact, even he joked how unknown he is to the movie going public!
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
PaulW View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote PaulW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2011 at 8:32pm
-------------
"My vote goes to the Movie Preview Critic (he's based in Chicago). I'm sure with him as a co-host, Miguel will have a vein in his forehead pop. And then a second vein will pop after "Twilight" doesn't win Worst Picture for the 4th year in a row. "
-------------
I agree with you michael. Wink

----------------------

Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2011 at 10:33pm

I know, I know, it's early, but as the old saying goes, the early bird catches the worm.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, Here are my personal suggestions:

Doug Walker, known by many a movie geek on the internet as The Nostalgia Critic and That Guy With the Glasses, whom has given comedic negative reviews to many movies bad movies that people felt nostalgic about, including some Razzie nominees, even a very tiny few that won Worst Picture(eg: Howard the Duck, and Battlefield: Earth) His character's mannerisms are somewhat based off of Daffy Duck. He has also done AskThatGuy, and Bum Reviews, and he also has a very good vocal range, going from high-pitched to Santa Claus type low. He also can do a pretty good Raoul Duke impression: http://thatguywiththeglasses.wikia.com/wiki/ThatGuyWithTheGlasses , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostalgia_critic and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That_Guy_with_the_Glasses 

Oh, and he also has a brother (Rob Walker, known by many as "The Other Guy", and his famous character, Santa Christ: http://thatguywiththeglasses.wikia.com/wiki/The_Other_Guy) and an Indian friend named Bhargav Dronamraju, and he usually spoofs the character of Ma-Ti from Captain Planet (http://thatguywiththeglasses.wikia.com/wiki/Bhargav_Dronamraju). TRhey could be good hosts too.

Mike Stoklasa, Known to a true Star Wars fan as either his Youtube name, RedLetterMedia, or by the name of the character he plays, Mr. Plinkett. He plays a senile and psychotic old man that has a voice that is a cross between Elwood Blues of The Blues Brothers and Buffalo Bill of Silence of the Lambs. He done many indepth and satrical reviews as that character on Youtube and Blip, but his most famous are his reviews of the Star Wars prequels, giving very analytical reasons as to why they are bad: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RedLetterMedia

PS: Roger Ebert is a fan of both Doug and Mike.

Spill.com is another good place to find co-hosts, cause they actually have a guy known as a robot named Co-Host. They have five reviewers in all, each with their own unique personality and thoughts, but it comes to certain bad movies, they mostly agree it's awful. They usually make very crude and controversial jokes during their jokes, most of them involve black people, because two of the reviewers are, infact, black. Here is one of their best reviews: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX_o4d6tdtM 
Oh, and one more thing, the leader of the site, Korey Coleman, helped make Space Jam. Not a joke, it's true.

One more suggestion I have for a Co-Host is Gabriella Cedillo. For those who don't recognize that name right away, she is known for this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers:_Dark_of_the_Moon#accidents

Maybe this could be her chance to get back at Bay for hurting so badly, mentally, and physically. 
So I am not the only user here who is a viewer of ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 4:35am
Originally posted by Michaels

It's not like the dude that the Razzies had accept Worst Picture for "Last Airbender" was a houshold name or anything. In fact, even he joked how unknown he is to the movie going public!

Russell Peters must have been known somewhat in order to have an article on Wikipedia in 2005 that's still there today. MoviePreviewCritic is not even mentioned anywhere on Wikipedia.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 5:01am

Russell Peters must have been known somewhat in order to have an article on Wikipedia in 2005 that's still there today. MoviePreviewCritic is not even mentioned anywhere on Wikipedia.
Since when is Wikipedia the standard for fame or popularity? By those standards, maybe the Razzies should have Rebecca Black be a co-host, if having a Wikipedia page about yourself is enough to be considered famous or popular these days. Seriously, what is having a "popular" Internet celebrity going to do to increase the number of people attending the award show when there's a fixed amount of seats in the building? I mean if we're going with Internet celebrity status, the Razzies might as well hire Antoine Dodson or Felicity Day, if we're going by popularity through the Internet alone.

You COULD use The Nostalgia Critic for the Worst Sequel/Prequel/Remake/Reboot catagory, since that makes the most sense. I don't know how the Spill.com guys are going to work unless HeadRazz tells them who the winners are in advance so they can make animations for the winner annoucements. My guess is you're just against the MPC because you don't think he can be funny enough. In the end, it wouldn't matter who "co-hosts", because only having A-Listers like Halle Berry and Sandra Bullock accepting their awards in person will get the Razzies any more press besides the usual two or three paragraphs about who "won" what.
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 5:45am
Actually, I don't like ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com anymore, since the people are not funny, with the exception of The Cinema Snob.
Pictures move, do they?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 1:12pm
OK, OK, I messed up on that, sorry. I do think the MPC is insightful. I just had my head up my behind for a while.

Home come you didn't mention anything about that idea of RedLetterMedia or Gabriella Cedillo co-hosting?

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 2:00pm

OK, OK, I messed up on that, sorry. I do think the MPC is insightful. I just had my head up my behind for a while.

Home come you didn't mention anything about that idea of RedLetterMedia or Gabriella Cedillo co-hosting?
No problems, man. I know MPC is more of the thinking man's critic and his humor isn't for everyone (Miguel comes to mind). As for RedLetterMedia and Gabriella Cedillo, I simply don't know who they are, so I didn't comment on them. Although, I'm pretty sure Cedillo wouldn't want to burn any bridges this early in her career, seeing what wonderful things bashing Michael Bay did for Megan Fox. 

You know, an opening song by Antoine Dodson would be amusing now that I mentioned it.

"Well, obviously, we have business suit wearing, Wall Street types working in the Hollywood studios ... they're buying movie rights to any intelligent property they can find; trying to trick fanboys into paying to see them on the big screen ... so you better hide your favorite classic movies, hide your old toys and games, and hide your favorite cartoon series, because they're raping everyone's childhood memories up in here!"
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 3:29pm

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 5:15pm
Hold it!Your name is Jonathan?Dude...
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 5:49pm
What's wrong with that name? 

Originally posted by Vits

Hold it!Your name is Jonathan?Dude...

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 7:13pm
Nothing.It's my idea of a joke. So sad...LOL  

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2011 at 3:51am

I don't get it -- where's the joke?  

Nothing.Is my idea of a joke.So sad...LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>