Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > COMPLETE LIST of 2011 ELIGIBLE RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Ideas for This Year's Special RAZZIE® Category

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Spyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ideas for This Year's Special RAZZIE® Category
    Posted: June 25 2011 at 3:01pm
I really do think HeadRazz should split Worst Sequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Prequel into Worst Remake or Rip-Off and Worst Sequel or Prequel. So we could get some more nominees in the awards.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 3:37pm
No,not Worst Animated Movie.It should be Worst Family Movie(like before),because it covers more territory.Live-action family movies tend to suck.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 3:50pm

With Worst Excuse For Family Entertainent, we have Gnomeo & Juliet, Hoodwinked Too, Hop, Judy Moody, and Mr. Popper's Penguins for now and Zookeeper, The Smurfs, Spy Kids 4, Happy Feet Two, and Alvin & The Chipmunks 3 in the future. That makes ten. All of those could use some nods. Especially Zookeeper.

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

With Worst Excuse For Family Entertainent, we have Gnomeo & Juliet, Hoodwinked Too, Hop, Judy Moody, and Mr. Popper's Penguins for now and Zookeeper, The Smurfs, Spy Kids 4, Happy Feet Two, and Alvin & The Chipmunks 3 in the future. That makes ten. All of those could use some nods. Especially Zookeeper.
Yeah, that does work the best if we want to throw animated movies into the mix.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2011 at 1:28pm
Just out of curiousity, If we are not able to think of a good special category. Is it maybe an idea to just not have one this year?
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2011 at 1:33pm
Does anyone think that Prom might be eligible for Worst Excuse For Family Entertainment? That way, there can be 11 (or 12 if Cars 2 is counted) candidates.

Edit: Forgot about Mars Needs Moms. That means that there's enough contenders, even without Cars 2.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2011 at 1:35pm
Passing though of mine:

Worst Movie Trailer

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2011 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Does anyone think that Prom might be eligible for Worst Excuse For Family Entertainment? That way, there can be 11 (or 12 if Cars 2 is counted) candidates.

Edit: Forgot about Mars Needs Moms. That means that there's enough contenders, even without Cars 2.
This is true. So that's one category that makes the most sense and has the most contenders.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2011 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Vheid

Just out of curiousity, If we are not able to think of a good special category. Is it maybe an idea to just not have one this year?
Actually,the Razzies have existed for more than 30 years and there has been around 10 special categories only.So there may no be one.

Worst Movie Trailer
Trailers are the responsability of the marketing people more than the filmmakers.Besides,I thought THE MUPPETS and TRANSFORMERS 3 had excellent teaser trailers,but they're more likely to be bad movies.See the irony?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2011 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Vits

Trailers are the responsability of the marketing people more than the filmmakers.Besides,I thought THE MUPPETS and TRANSFORMERS 3 had excellent teaser trailers,but they're more likely to be bad movies.See the irony?
Yeah, many people I know have fallen prey to the old "but the trailer looked so good" trap. Remember folks, making the movie look good is the reason why the trailer exits. If you see the trailer and think "wow, that movie is going to suck so bad", it didn't do it's job. So keep in mind, the trailer is just a marketing tool!
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2011 at 3:54pm

I had JUST considered this. Since 2002, the RAZZIES have run through so many bad trends that were not unique to their years, but were worse in their years than any other. After 9 years of new special categories, and no particularly bad trends new to this year as Half Year's Day approaches, I know what I want. Worst Prequel, Sequel, Remake, or Rip-Off* should be split into Worst Remake or Rip-Off and Worst Prequel or Sequel. The remains of Worst Screen Couple should be scraped away. If there's a pair of bad characters, chances are most of the cast will be bad. Also, I find it insulting that we could in anyway be compared to the MTV movie awards. I want to rid the RAZZIES of just about all traces of MTV. Otherwise, I'd agree: It's finally time to do the normal categories for a while. When we see another new viable bad trend we can work into a special category, then they should resume.

*I take remakes to be "same franchise, same episode" and sequels to be "same franchise, different episode". Reboots usually start a new storyline, so they're more of "different episode". Reboots should probably be grouped in with Worst Prequel or Sequel, but to keep it at 4 words, it should just be called Worst Prequel or Sequel.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2011 at 6:57pm
What if Dolphin Tale ends up being s**t, then it will be eligible.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2011 at 6:58pm
I think there should be a category for Worst Movie Poster & Marketing.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2011 at 7:07pm
Or Worst Foreign Film, have we ever picked on a foreign language film?
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2011 at 7:33pm
Cool it with those triple posts, will ya?

And I don't think the RAZZIES have ever gone after a foreign film. Usually, if a foreign film is bad, it was never released in the States. None of them are going to be bad enough to compete with domestic films that everyone hates. Not enough infamy.

Worst Poster or Marketing Campaign sounds like a so-so idea, but I'm thinking the RAZZIES are more interested in the film itself.

And even if Dolphin Tale flops, it would be technically eligible in a basic manner, but practically speaking, we'll definitely have bigger fish to fry. Why, you ask? The first of many reasons is the lack of habitual RAZZIE offenders.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2011 at 8:28pm
Only problem being whether any voting members will actually SEE the foreign language films of choice.
Originally posted by jesse685

Or Worst Foreign Film, have we ever picked on a foreign language film?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>