Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > COMPLETE LIST of 2011 ELIGIBLE RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Ideas for This Year's Special RAZZIE® Category

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ideas for This Year's Special RAZZIE® Category
    Posted: April 20 2011 at 4:20pm
Last year, Worst Excuse for a Romantic Comedy was very close to being the Special Category. Although it's true, most of this year's movies are bad chick flicks, it's more common for rom-coms to be bad. In fact, each year we get one good rom-com...if we're lucky. But the fact that a chick-flick, a rom-com, a chick flick/rom-com and a 3D movie were up for Worst Picture is enough, right?  

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

There's been a lot of bad chick flicks that have been released and many crappy looking ones on the horizon, so, maybe, the special category should be Worst Excuse For Women's Entertainment.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2011 at 1:59pm
I had another idea for the special actegory: Worst Excuse For An Action Movie. So far, we've had Season Of The Wicth, The Eagle, I Am Number Four, and Sucker Punch with many more on the horizon.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2011 at 3:08pm
(Re-reads entire forum)

Oops! Looks like oiram beat me to my Worst Action movie idea.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2011 at 4:11pm
Isn't the point of having a category for a specific genre to give room to movies that don't have odds at being nominated in other categories?
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2011 at 4:47pm
How about Worst Unintentianel Cameo by a Crew Member?

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2011 at 9:48pm
How about "Most Obvious Case Of The Lead Actors/Actresses Accepting This Project Because They Were Deperate To Pay Their Rent/Mortgage"?
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2011 at 6:23am
Originally posted by Vheid

How about Worst Cameo by a Crew Member?
That could make Oscar winners win that category.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 1:02pm
HeadRAZZ, could you change the name of Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel into Worst Prequel, Reboot, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel for this years Razzies. It wouldn't change much but it will show that we also condemn Reboots.  
Spyke View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2011 at 1:30pm
Worst Excuse for a Tween Movie or something?

Example: Bubble gum "girl" movie's such as Never Say Never, Beastly and generally anything with Miley Cyrus.

They should also re-split the Worst Remake or Rip-off and Worst Sequel or Prequel categories again. More films could be nominated.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2011 at 3:51pm
In 2002 there was Most Flatulent Teen-Targeted Movie.   

Originally posted by Spyke

Worst Excuse for a Tween Movie or something?
Mamma View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mamma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2011 at 12:24pm
"Worst Sequels" would be a good category.  New here so you might already have this somewhere.
watchman View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2011 at 4:27pm
Another vote!!!!!!  

Originally posted by Michaels

Originally posted by Vheid

My idea for a special category would be Worst Cage-Sploitation Movie, for which all 4 of Nic Cage's 2011films would be nominated.   
Yes, yes, yes! Agreed!

anna.c View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote anna.c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2011 at 3:11am
I'm more of an optimistic person, so I'll suggest: Worst Movie Bloopers.  
It may sound negative, but it's also funny, and people just love funny things.  
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2011 at 2:08am
Worst Attempt at Starting a New Franchise!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2011 at 11:57am
The only attempt at starting a new franchise that's backfired so far that I can think of is I Am Dumber For Watching This. I guess that Priest and The Green Hornet could count. Although, Paul Worthless Sh*t Anderson has a version of The Three Musketeers with Milla Jovovich and Orlando Bloomin' Onion. IN 3D!!!!11!!!1 That's one franchise that's not getting off the ground.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2011 at 12:31pm

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

The only attempt at starting a new franchise that's backfired so far that I can think of is I Am Dumber For Watching This. I guess that Priest and The Green Hornet could count. Although, Paul Worthless Sh*t Anderson has a version of The Three Musketeers with Milla Jovovich and Orlando Bloomin' Onion. IN 3D!!!!11!!!1 That's one franchise that's not getting off the ground.

I also had Atlas Shrugged in mind when I posted this.... 

But it wasn't really a serious idea (one were I stand behind), I just decided to post every idea that comes to mind on here....

The only category were i fully stand behind is Worst Cage-Sploitation Movie (eventhough the Worst Excuse for Family Entertainment-category is also starting to sound attractive)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>