Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > The Crix Have Picked (and Picked On) HANCOCK
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

if HANCOCK replaced SUPERMAN!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jordanasmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: if HANCOCK replaced SUPERMAN!!!!
    Posted: December 09 2008 at 8:31pm
What would happen if HANCOCK replaced Super Man?
How would the villains, supporting cast members and other heroes react to this turn of events?
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2008 at 11:36pm

Well, first off, it would be cool because at least Hancock has a personality. I think heroes and villains alike would be confused as to how to act around him. There are anti-heroes, but none of them with the powers that Hancock has. I wouldn't mind if Hancock got his own comic, maybe the story could be better told in that medium.

PS: Shouldn't this be the "Talk Among Yourselves" section?

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 8:52am
I disagree, I think Superman is very charismatic and Christ-like, something you could never make Hancock be. I think Hancock would be better suited as a popular skit on SNL.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2008 at 1:30am
The problem with Superman is he is TOO Christ-like to some comic book fans. He's too much of a boy scout in this day and age of fans wanting anti-heroes like Wolverine. He's trapped in the 1930s and is in desperate need of an updating, like Batman got in "Dark Knight".
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2009 at 6:04am
I can see some of where everyone is coming from, but I would not change
that about Superman, because that's what gave Superman Returns its
achingly poignant tone that evoked all of its melancholy senses of him
coming to terms with himself. I would argue that to undo his
wholesomeness and make him emotionally incompetent like Hancock or
Batman would be really uninspiring.
 Post Reply Post Reply