Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > KILLERS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Imitation: The Sincerest Form of Flatulence?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Imitation: The Sincerest Form of Flatulence?!?
    Posted: June 03 2010 at 4:30pm
Oh, no critics' screenings? I think we may have a serious contender here, folks!  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2010 at 3:08pm
Removed
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2010 at 3:34pm
Yeah, that is usually how Hollywood remakes/reboots/rip-offs work.  

Originally posted by Berrynoia

From what I have been hearing, you can also add True Lies as a film that Killers has ripped off.

So think of this movie as a remake of True Lies and Mr. & Mrs. Smith.  Then take out all the sex, humor, action, and anything else that made the other films worthwhile.  Voila!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2010 at 2:00pm
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/killers_2010/

Wow it's all the way up to 8% on the Tomatometer Embarrassed
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2010 at 2:37pm
8 percent! Oh, there's NO way this one isn't going to make it to the final five Razzies pictures!
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2010 at 4:58pm
I love this "review"!

The E-online title says it all...

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2010 at 5:58pm
There's no greater insult than "Billy Ray Cyrus and George Lopez were more convincing as spies"!  

Originally posted by JoeBacon

I love this "review"!

The E-online title says it all...

c
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2010 at 5:20am
He sounds like Kelso in the previews, and when I hear Kelso saying "Let's just say I work for the blah blah blah, and I have a license to blah", I can't help filling in  I work for "the most desperately incompetent producers in the business", and I have a license to "suck!"  
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2010 at 6:03pm
You may think "Kelso," but to me, he will always be half of the morons from "Dude, Where's My Car" --Well, that and the dude who's famous for being "Demi Moore's boy-toy."  
JoeBoyden View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBoyden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2010 at 8:54am
Even this film's poster is a rip off of Mr. & Mrs. Smith:  

Dead
My Picks... so far:
Worst Picture BUCKY LARSON
Worst Actor Shia LaBeouf
Worst Actress Martin Lawrence
Worst Sup Actor John Turturro
Worst Sup Actress Vanessa Hudgens
Worst Director Michael Bay
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2010 at 10:20am
What are you talking about? They barely look alike. It's not like...let's see...ARMAGEDDON and KNOWING.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2010 at 11:35am
No, the two posters are close, but not copy-and-paste indentical. As for your own comparison, I think you meant "Armageddon" and "Deep Impact"? 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2010 at 12:19pm
No,I was talking about the posters of the movies I named.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: For the sake of clarity, here are LINKS to see the various posters for all 3 titles mentioned: ARMAGEDDON, DEEP IMPACT and KNOWING... 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Gregory View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gregory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2010 at 12:39pm
Well… I don't think the poster for KILLERS is a total rip off of MR. & MRS. SMITH, but you could argue that there’s some resemblance. They could’ve changed something: the background color, the way Kutcher holds the gun, remove the bullet shot from the title.  

But then – if they didn’t bother to disguise the similarities in the plot…

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2010 at 1:29pm
All that's missing is Kutcher leaving Demi Moore for Heigl ... and it becoming the cover story of every rag at the supermarkets for three years running.
BeastieBitch View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote BeastieBitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2010 at 3:25pm
I had to actually create an account just to say this movie was CRAP -- and that Heigl, although likable in some movies (Knocked Up and....okay that's it!) was very annoying and over-acting everything in this.

Kutcher was Kutcher...he just needs to stop! 

For me, Worst Actress of 2010 is between Katherine, Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Aniston, Kristen (how does she still get roles?) Bell and Kristen Stewart...  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>