Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > ELIZABETH: THE GOLDEN AGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

In a Silly Sequel, All Hail Breaks Loose!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In a Silly Sequel, All Hail Breaks Loose!
    Posted: January 22 2008 at 3:42pm
Yeah, she was nominated for an Oscar for the first one. And I don't think she should receive one for this one.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2008 at 10:41am
....does the Academy like her THIS much?
moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2008 at 12:43pm
Yes, the Academy really loves their mainstays.

I think her nomination is pretty damaging to their credibility; it further fuels the notion that the award show isn't as concerned with honoring good film as it is with how it presents itself. This is not a good film, and it is not a good performance.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2008 at 1:31am
One friend referred to the Oscars as being nothing but "politics".  With nominations like this and the one for Norbit, I feel she's right.  It doesn't matter how well someone performed or how great a make-up job was if it's in a movie that's bad.  You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2008 at 8:58am
No, I like the way the Oscars nominated Norbit, last year's Poseidon (or 2 years), and Surf's Up. I'm happy Happy Feet won instead of the stupid Cars...
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2008 at 4:04pm
Well, Old Betsy 2 won an oscar for best costume design.  I have to admit I was impressed with the costumes in this picture.  However, it was just one of many things done well in a movie that went so wrong. . . .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123