Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Disagree w/Any Past RAZZIES®??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

In defense of "Batman Begins"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In defense of "Batman Begins"
    Posted: January 30 2006 at 7:31am
BATMAN BEGINS? Why in God's name did you
nominate "Batman Begins" this year for a Razzie, and don't tell me that
Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes romance WAS a factor in your decision because
I'm NOT buying it.

A lot of critics liked it, and besides, Holmes did a good job. So that's my
reason to BACK OFF her.
lethalinjection View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote lethalinjection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Movie Man

BATMAN BEGINS? Why in God's name did you
nominate "Batman Begins" this year for a Razzie, and don't tell me that
Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes romance WAS a factor in your decision because
I'm NOT buying it.

A lot of critics liked it, and besides, Holmes did a good job. So that's my
reason to BACK OFF her.

I agree, Batman Begins was by far the best Batman yet.. I'd vote for Tim Burton's version to recieve a razzie before this version any day of the week.. speaking of, why wasn't CORPSE BRIDE nominated as one of the worst films of the year? I fell asleep in the theater half way through that crap and it was only 76 minutes long..
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2007 at 10:45am
Katie Holmes' nomination was for her role in the movie, which is not saying every other aspect of the movie is bad. I thought she was the weakest link in the cast, but she was not bad enough to be Razzie worthy.
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2007 at 1:20pm
Agreed.  Everything else about the film apart from her was solid through and through.  Apart from the Animated Series--which will probably always be the definitve Dark Knight representation in media--this was the best depiction of the character yet, and as long as the current creative team's on board, there's much to be confident about with up-coming films in the series. 
 Post Reply Post Reply