Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > AGREE or DISAGREE w/OUR CHOICES?!?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

In General, Whadda Ya Think?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 36>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In General, Whadda Ya Think?!?!?
    Posted: February 19 2011 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by 27years

I'm probably alone in saying this but I really don't get all the fuss about Inception. Don't get me wrong I wouldnt dare slate it and I think it has a lot of great things going for it but I found myself being utterly bored with the story for a good 20-30 minutes towards the end which is never a good sign for me and I thought the ending was a bit gimmicky. 
The heavens are opening up and thunder rolls around the planet, but we finally agree on something. I personally wasn't all the impressed with Inception. By the standards of most of what has come out over the past few years it stands pretty tall. But if Peewee's Big Adventure was making its first screen appearance in 2011, it would have the same thing going for it. Not a terrible movie to be sure, but a long way from a great one.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 3:24am
27years, you're not the only one who thinks so. I always found Chris Nolan to be a bit overrated. Nontheless i still kind of like Inception mainly because i fpund it much better as his Batman-films (so my expectations were low and it pleasently suprised me).

By the way, i think you just hit a sore spot with BurnHollywoodBurn, probably the biggest Chris Nolan-fan/defender on this site.

Vits, 1) I still find it unhealthy to nominate a child for "best breasts&butt", there must be a lot of pedofiles on that site.
2) still Spall had two forgotable scenes in that film (if i remember correctly), i believe a suporting actor needs to stands out and not fade in the background. He's not acting, he's cameo-ing.
3) Really, i thought it was the other way around. I atleast saw Never Let Me Go first.(which is such an impresive film.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Vheid

By the way, i think you just hit a sore spot with BurnHollywoodBurn, probably the biggest Chris Nolan-fan/defender on this site.
Hey, I'll admit, I'm a fan. But unlike Vits or MWG with M. Night, I'm willing to admit that not everyone thinks Nolan is the best thing going for movies these days, nor does everything he touches turn to gold. Or it could just be that his work just goes over some people's heads. Although comparing "Inception" to "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure" ... that's comparing apples and newspapers, they aren't compatible at all. One is a sci-fi/fantasy thriller about dreams and one is comedy about a man-child.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 10:04am

Vits, 1) I still find it unhealthy to nominate a child for "best breasts&butt", there must be a lot of pedofiles on that site.
2) still Spall had two forgotable scenes in that film (if i remember correctly), i believe a suporting actor needs to stands out and not fade in the background. He's not acting, he's cameo-ing.
3) Really, i thought it was the other way around. I atleast saw Never Let Me Go first.(which is such an impresive film.
1)The fact that she had sexy moments in the movie were mostly meant as jokes.Nevertheless she's a pretty young woman and you don't have to be a pedophile to see it.I'd nominate her.Although I may vote for another actress.I mean she's not that pretty.
2)When I judge performances I judge the main cast and minor cast separately.I'd be happy to judge Spall's performance in the latter because it also felt like a cameo.But he's officially part of the main cast so my hands are tight.
3)Noted.I feel obligated to watch despite your recomendation because the director is the same of ONE HOUR PHOTO(9/10).
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

But unlike Vits or MWG with M. Night, I'm willing to admit that not everyone thinks Nolan is the best thing going for movies these days, nor does everything he touches turn to gold.
Just to clarify...did I do something to you?Or should I just ask what did I do?Every once in a while you accuse me of being obsessed and stubborn like M.W.G.,I say it's not true,you agree you made a mistake,and after a while you say it again.Check most forums and you'll notice all the effort I put on saying what I think without thinking I'm always right.Also,he may be my favorite director but I've never said any of his movies are the best.

Keep in mind something:I don't have to agree with your comments about Christopher Nolan nor Michael Bay but I do it anyway.Think about that for a while before replying.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 10:17am
Vits, Don't you find it the slightest bit immoral to nominate a girl of her age (around 11/12 years old) for an Best T&A-award (which is essentially an award for Biggest Lustobject). I find it sick and unhealthy that a site like that does something like that (even if she really has "sexy moments", as you said). Please, tell me that i am not the only one who finds this wrong.
27years View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 10:22am
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

I'm probably alone in saying this but I really don't get all the fuss about Inception. Don't get me wrong I wouldnt dare slate it and I think it has a lot of great things going for it but I found myself being utterly bored with the story for a good 20-30 minutes towards the end which is never a good sign for me and I thought the ending was a bit gimmicky. 
And I don't get what the big fuss is over "Twilight", but there are legions of teenage girls who think it's the single greatest thing to happen in movie history. As for "Inception", I posted a whole article about it in another sub-forum that explains what the big deal about it is.
I don't have a problem with those who don't see the fuss with Twilight. The problem I have is with those who sneer at the people who do like it, like they are some sort of unintelligent subspecies. I also have a problem with the people who hate mostly everybody involved in the movie because they hate it in a pretty much equally obsessive way as some people love it. Anyway...as for Inception..I think fair play to those who do love it. I'm just not one of those people. It fell a bit flat for me and it dragged on a bit...making it far from amazing in my opinion.
saturnwatcher who knew we would find a common ground? Perhaps hell has frozen over a bit too??
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 10:30am

Vits, Don't you find it the slightest bit immoral to nominate a girl of her age (around 11/12 years old) for an Best T&A-award (which is essentially an award for Biggest Lustobject)?
When you put in those words...LOL

I really must check the rules.Thinking a girl is beautiful and being attracted to her are to different things,so I need to know for which of those 2 concepts the award is for.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 11:31am

I don't have a problem with those who don't see the fuss with Twilight. The problem I have is with those who sneer at the people who do like it, like they are some sort of unintelligent subspecies. I also have a problem with the people who hate mostly everybody involved in the movie because they hate it in a pretty much equally obsessive way as some people love it. Anyway...as for Inception..I think fair play to those who do love it. I'm just not one of those people. It fell a bit flat for me and it dragged on a bit...making it far from amazing in my opinion.
saturnwatcher who knew we would find a common ground? Perhaps hell has frozen over a bit too??
As far as I'm considered, "Twilight" is just a fad that will disappear from memory within a year or two after the final movie is released, so there's no reason to be up in arms over the teenaged girls who worship it (mainly because they will eventually grow out of it). This is a lesson I wish Miguel would learn to accept, rather than making "Twilight" the reason for his entire Razzie membership, although he has become less obsessive over it as of late.

As for "Inception", I will admit, Nolan's works aren't for everyone. They are more experiments in writing puzzles and mysteries than they are for entertainment value. As a writer, I like that sort of thing. To others, it's boring or nothing to get too excited about, and I understand that. But you'd be surprised how often posters here with opposite tastes as you will agree with your views of a certain movie from time to time. moviewizguy, aka M. Night's biggest fanboy, and I butted heads all the time, but there were one or two movies that shared the same opinions.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 11:39am
I don't remember where but I read grades given to the 10 Oscar nominees based on how they'd survive through time.Olny INCEPTION and TOY STORY got from A- to A+.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Vits

Just to clarify...did I do something to you?Or should I just ask what did I do?Every once in a while you accuse me of being obsessed and stubborn like M.W.G.,I say it's not true,you agree you made a mistake,and after a while you say it again.
Well, sorry for putting you in the same category as MWG when it comes to being stubborn about not all of M. Night's work being perfect. I guess I'm basing it off more on your hoping and wishing that he will be successful again after 4 or 5 movies that were either critical or commerical failures. Very few directors bounce back after that.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 11:53am
Just as it's a thin line between love and hate,it's a thin line between faith and denial.Do you think I'm in denial?
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 4:13pm
The comparison of Peewee to Inception isn't to imply a similarity, but rather to point out that they at least had a degree of originality going for them, for whatever that is worth. These days, it is worth its weight in gold.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

The comparison of Peewee to Inception isn't to imply a similarity, but rather to point out that they at least had a degree of originality going for them, for whatever that is worth. These days, it is worth its weight in gold.
Too true.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Vits

Just as it's a thin line between love and hate,it's a thin line between faith and denial.Do you think I'm in denial?
I just think you shouldn't keep your hopes up. If his next movie doesn't do well, his career will be beyond the point of returning to his glory days. If critics and auidences have lost all respect for him, it's only a matter of time before the studio heads do too.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2011 at 4:08am
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2011 at 1:04pm
What are you doing?!The vote is annonymous!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 36>