Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > AGREE or DISAGREE w/OUR CHOICES?!?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

In General, Whadda Ya Think?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 36>
Author
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote AwesomelyBadCrap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In General, Whadda Ya Think?!?!?
    Posted: January 25 2011 at 1:26am
 I cannot believe Katherine Heigl didn't get nominated for worst actress or that Killers escaped worst picture. Come on, people! Eclipse was nominated because it's mainstream...just what one of the first posters said. I'm not a Twilight fan but come on! Eclipse over Killers? over Burlesque?? So sad my boy Cam Gigandet didn't get nominated but I expected that. Confused It's ok, Cam, I thought you were razzie worthy. Clap
In my spare time, I love to watch Awesomely Bad Crap
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 6:17am
Originally posted by Spyke

There was alot of controversy about New Moon beating Avatar at the MTV Movie Awards but still you won and you didnt see us bitching on your sites. Instead the media and critics alike backfired against it complaining that Avatar should have won, we didn't lash out. But you still didnt bitch at them.

It's really more about that it beat other movies that actually had good reviews(I wanted THE HANGOVER).It's not the same that the People's Choice Awards though(I wanted INCEPTION).For decades it has been pasable that average movies win public voting awards.But I(and I'm sure all of you too)can't stand a bad movie winning that.You seem to think that all 3 movies are the same.But NEW MOON is bad and ECLIPSE is average.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
27years View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 7:23am
I see what you're saying. But when awards are voted for by the public without restraints the majority is going to win regardless of anyones views or critic reviews. Thats inevitable. Thats why there are awards like the oscars and the golden globes and the baftas and the screen actors guild and the crtitics choice. Those awards are designed for the crtically acclaimed and alot of the favourites on this site it would appear. Is that not enough credit displayed for some of you people?? So it seems a bit bitter when people hone in on a fan voted award or two!!
DolphinSafeTuna View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote DolphinSafeTuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 7:32am
In spite of my love for "Twilight" I think you are awesomely funny Burn. Wink

And Kristen Stewart is a one note actress. Her best movie was "Panic Room"...been all downhill since.
Vermn View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vermn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 9:46am
The Twilight series is simply a money-making engine. That's what it was designed for. First the movie, then a huge marketing campaign. Go to your local mall and check out the stores that are aimed at the tween set. They have anything and everything with the Twilight branding on it. Again, purely a profit making machine.
To go along with that, a question if I may.
Does anyone else think that Kristen Stewart really realizes how much a piece of crap these movies are?
Seems like everytime I see her when she's doing something Twilight related, she has a look on her face that seems to give away the fact that she thinks these movies are stupid.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 9:54am
I couldn't care less about "Twilight" being popular and winning public voting awards. Only Miguel seems to be the one who pulls his hair out over such things. I'd much rather see "Fartbender" win everything it's up for. As bad as "Twilight 3" was, "Fartbender" was a streaming piece of s*** by comparison. Why, oh why, did M. Night think cramming an entire first season of a TV series into a 90 minute movies would be a good idea?
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
27years View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 10:03am
Interesting..but just because something makes money doesnt make it bad! I'm not a huge fan dont get me wrong I just dont like people having double standards. Surely every movie is designed to make money! And are we forgetting about Avatar branding and Harry Potter branding and The Dark Knight branding?? I could go on!
With regards to Kristen Stewarts opinion..I couldnt possibly know what her thoughts are! Perhaps you should ask her!
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 10:33am
Originally posted by 27years

Interesting..but just because something makes money doesnt make it bad!
By the same account, just because something makes money, that doesn't make it good either, ie. "Transformers 2". There are plenty of people who didn't like "Dark Knight", "Harry Potter" or "Avatar" ... it's just none of them were Razzie voting members.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
27years View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 10:55am
BurnHollywoodBurn I didnt say it made it good either. Its just that someone was making a point of saying that it was a money making machine with, god forbid, some merchandise and I was simply pointing out that that wasnt a good reason for it to be frowned upon, thats all!! 
Spyke View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 11:05am
Kristen has admitted that the first Twilight "wasn't very good" (that was a quote not me stating).

And I don't think Harry Potter, The Dark Knight or Avatar would have been nominated simply because the people who didn't like them aren't Razzie voters its simply due to the fact that they are good movies. Im not saying Eclipse was bad movie but those three films are great compared to Twilight.
27years View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 11:09am
Where is that quote from Spyke?? I hope you wouldn't be naive enough to believe a random magazine or newspaper article!!!
Spyke View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 11:20am
http://movies.uk.msn.com/photos/romance-and-comedy/photos.aspx?cp-documentid=155215114&page=7

Here's the link to just ONE of her little interviews where she openly states Twilight isn't very good but I know you will try to disprove it. And being naive enough to believe a random magazine or newspaper article when I have seen about 20 different sites stating the same if not similar thing where she says the first one was a bit rubbish, the merchandise is obscene and looks horrible...the list does indeed go on. Try looking it up.
Spyke View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 11:25am
Are you literally "monitoring" this site?
27years View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 11:40am
Thanks for trying Spyke but basically what she said was that the intense wave of screams and questions was a a psychotic situation not that the movie was bad. Dear Lord! Also it was simply a random internet site and as we all know there are plently of things made up or twisted and then go viral. Not very reliable.
As for monitoring the site...alas no! Just working on the road with my computer and having a bit of fun!
guest View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 11:43am
I hope airbender wins it was a bad movie all around and pissed over a favorite television series of mine. 
Spyke View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 11:53am
I too want Airbender to win but I wont care if Vampires Suck takes the..."gold"(?).
The show was one of my fav's too. The movie was nothing like the show. What annoyed me most though was casting of the actors when their meant to be Asian. They completely white washed it!!!

And the mispronunciations of near enough every major character in the movie, Aang is Aang...not Ung. And Uvertar is pronounced AVATAR. Ugh gets me every time. 

I was hoping to vote for Skyline but for some reason Eclipse is up instead. Seems like a wasted spot. As I said before. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 36>