Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > AGREE or DISAGREE w/OUR CHOICES?!?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

In General, Whadda Ya Think?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 36>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In General, Whadda Ya Think?!?!?
    Posted: January 24 2011 at 6:32am
WE WANTED to GIVE "THE PUBLIC" SOME PLACE to VENT,
DISAGREE...and MAYBE EVEN CONGRATULATE US ABOUT 
OUR 31st ANNUAL RAZZIE® NOMINATION CHOICES. 

SO, LIKE, THIS IZ IT...GO AHEAD and POST! 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
JoBloMovieGoer View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoBloMovieGoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 6:41am
Can't wait 'till the so-called "Twi-Hards" get a load of how many nominations "Eclipse" got...That oughta be good for lotsa "angry teen-ager" type posts, which are alwaze fun to read!
whatever-ymwm View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote whatever-ymwm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 7:32am
Its actually really pathetic that you people nominated Eclipse and the cast so much. Its a blatent vendetta against a huge movie with a huge fanbase. Even the critics on RT had this movie at 67% which is very very far from being the worst. Its like there is no objectivity at all- just blind attacking on a movie which is completely based on a book. Its not the movies fault if you hate it..its actually the book! (the actors play the parts the way they are clearly portrayed in the book too) Its a pity there isnt book razzies then you could through your hatred in that direction!

The rest of the nominees arent actually too bad- at least i can see that they had very low RT scores or low box office results so i see some actual reason for them other than an army of hate. (not that i agree with any of this waste of time)

Anyway I'm sure you'll probably get what you wanted...a bit of attention for your little hate awards.
I'm dissappointed you showed a lack of any originality. Any glimmer of respect you may have had is completely out the window. Maybe you should rename yourseleves as the "Twi hates" that would make you even more cool!!!(severe sarcasam...for those you didnt get it!)

So long Twi hates! I wont be back!
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 8:23am
Sex & The City 2 instead of Killers?
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse instead of Jonah Hex for Worst Picture?

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!?!
My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 8:56am
GTAHater767, I guess more voters saw Eclipse and Sex and the City 2 than saw Killers and Jonah Hex
I also kind of fear that a lot of kids who hate Twilight just because of peer presure became Razzie voters. I fear the Razzies may walk down the same path as the MTV Movie Awards and Peoples' Choice Awards meaning that they will probably "win" for all there upcoming instalments just because some kids are popular when they hate on these films. (I don't like Eclipse, but i just hate it when people vote for films just because they're popular if they hate/love a surden movie)

Jonah Hex should have won / been nominated for Worst Picture

Taylor Swift should have won / been nominated for Worst Supporting Actress

Head RAZZberry, when will the final ballots be sent out?   

Also wanted to say that I like the new YouTube channel. Will there be a Worst Picture Montage on there -- kind of like what this person has done with Best Picture winners?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Final Ballots will go in the mail next weekend, January 29-30...  

I would REALLY apriciate it if you found the time from your extremely busy schedule (preparing the Razzie Award Show is a big thing) to answer my questions.  

Jenny View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 9:29am
As usual, the Razzies choose the Twilight Saga to manifest their distate for anything considered "mainstream."  I haven't yet decided whether the people who nominate these films/actors/actresses/directors were the epitomy of the misunderstood, yet soooooo unpopular kids in high school that would quietly sit back and take it while the big, scary, hulking buffoon stole their lunch money, or they were the antisocial, goth-themed (you don't have to like me because I am dark and deep and you are all just sheep) eye-liner wearing turds steaming up our society with their anti-mainstream mentality.  

Either way, once again, the popular crowd will now pay for past sins as you hoist them up on a platform and take that one opportunity you have to stick it to em!  Good luck with  that.......and yes......I like Twilight and I was popular in high school.  Naa na naa na boo boo!   

DolphinSafeTuna View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote DolphinSafeTuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 10:16am
I am a Twilight fan...I admit it. I think "Eclipse" was the best of the 3 in the series so far but I do not think it deserves all these nominations, but before you go thinking I am incapable of being objective. I COMPLETELY agree with the nominations for "SATC 2" and "The Bounty Hunter" even though I am huge fans of the "SATC" series and Gerard Butler. I paid to watch both of those movies on their opening weekend and was BORED to tears. Was "Eclipse" a great cinematic gem? No, but at least I wasn't bored and it kept me entertained for 2 hours. Also, Robert Pattinson was not bad in "Remember Me." I think thats a cheap shot. But I do LOVE your sense of humor, particularly regarding Jessica Alba and my absolute favorite nomination: Josh Brolin's face and Megan Fox's accent in, "Jonah Hex." BRILLIANT! This is who I hope wins (or loses - depending on how you look at it):

Worst picture
"Sex & the City 2"
Worst actor
Ashton Kutcher, "Killers" and "Valentine's Day"
Worst actress
Jennifer Aniston, "The Bounty Hunter" and "The Switch"
Worst supporting actress
Jessica Alba, "The Killer Inside Me," "Little Fockers," "Machete" and "Valentine's Day"
Worst supporting actor
Billy Ray Cyrus, "The Spy Next Door"
Worst eye-gouging mis-use of 3-D (Special category for 2010!)
"The Last Airbender"
Worst screen couple/ Worst screen ensemble
Josh Brolin’s face & Megan Fox’s accent, "Jonah Hex"
Worst director
M. Night Shyamalan, "The Last Airbender"
Worst screenplay
"Sex & the City 2," written by Michael Patrick King, based on the TV series created by Darren Star
Worst prequel, remake, rip-off or sequel (Combined category for 2010)
"Sex & the City 2"

calidreamin View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote calidreamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 11:01am
I agree: Eclipse was the best of the three Twilight movies, but really, is that saying much?  These movies were based on books that were poorly written and contained annoying characters.  There wasn't much to work with, but what little there was was demolished by terrible screenplays, terrible directors and terrible casting choices (can any of them really act, aside from Michael Sheen?).   

Last Airbender was deplorable in every way.  I'm not thrilled about Dev Patel, but I agree with every other nomination this movie got (for me, it's a toss up between Eclipse and Airbender for Worst Picture).  Of course, you've got Jackson Rathbone to tie them both together!  Well, done, Rathbone, you deserve this award.  And please, stop "acting!"  

rburton View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rburton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 11:02am
Johnny Depp, Katherine Heigl, and Anne Hathaway somehow managed not to get nominations.  Nevertheless, I applaud voters (which includes me patting myself on the back) for acknowledging the terrible work of Gerard Butler, Dev Patel, Jackson Rathbone, Liza Minnelli and Nicola Peltz.  They're all deserving of "wins."

I'm sad, though, that Cher got nominated, since I think she was a delight in Burlesque. But how wonderful to see so many "faded gay icons" back in the spotlight in one single category!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: To further gild the lily, it's technically "faded, Oscar winning gay icons" -- Cher, Liza and Babs have all won Oscars, as well as being up for our Worst Supporting Actress statuette this year...  

For Your Consideration

Dev Patel for WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR in The Last Fartbender
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 11:42am

I'm just surprised that "Grown-Ups" and "Little Fockers" got away almost scott free except for one supporting acting role each! Although, I'm sure Miguel is dancing naked on the roof of his house because of all the "Twilight" nods.

Anyway, we're getting the usual teeny-bopper "Twilight" fans complaining with their poor grammar, all caps lock on, and spelling mistake ridden messages of hate for us not having lives or whatever. I find that funny coming from a group of people who are in love over a story about a teenage girl not being able to choose between a wolf and a dead guy as her boyfriend! Not that it matters, they will all disappear by March to go back to their little malls where they just stand outside and text message, rather than actual go inside and do something with their weekend nights.

No matter, I have a strong feeling that "Fartbender" will sweep everything!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
cartman1337 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote cartman1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 11:57am
I'm a little surprised at seeing all the hate The Last Airbender is getting. I haven't seen the Twilight movies, so I can't comment on all the nominations for that one. But from the about 20 Razzie-considered movies I saw this season I actually felt that The Last Airbender was one of the less crappy ones. As mentioned by several others, I think Killers would have been more worthy in the Worst Picture category than that one.

I'm also disappointed that Benicio Del Toro didn't pick up what should have been a well deserved nomination for Worst Actor for The Wolfman. The movie was horrendous (worse than The Last Airbender, if you ask me), and he was all wrong for the part. Had he been nominated he would easily have been my pick for the Razzie "win" as well.

On the other hand I'm happy to see this award show's return to form by finally nominating a picture for worst something-or-other that has also been up for best something-or-other in one of the bigger award shows. I'm of course talking about Burlesque, which was up for Best Comedy or Musical at the Golden Globes getting a Worst Actress nod. It's been quite a few years since a movie was up for both Razzie and Oscar in the same year, but considering how the Globes often foreshadow what's coming in the Oscars it might happen again this year. That would be fun. :)
sanity View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 12:00pm
BurnHollywoodBurn seems to be a bit of a hyprocite. To start a sentance with "But yeah" and then  criticize others for poor grammar (not spelt with an "e" love). I thought only teeny-bopper "Twilight" fans made mistakes!!!! Ha!!! Yeah right! You are not as cool as you think you are my friend! Believe it or not, you are not better than any of these "Twilight" fans, regardless of them being teenagers or not.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 12:00pm
Again, cannot believe that Noah Ringer did not make to worst actor, but in the end, atleast Last Airbender got nominated for everything else. Anyways, here's what I'm hoping to win now that the official list is out: Worst Actor: Hmmm........ I'm going to have to go with Pattinson. Worst Actress: Megan Fox, not hard. Worst everything else: Last Airbender
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 12:17pm
cartman1337, I kind of have to agree with you on Airbender (but have to admit that i saw this coming). It's the only one of the Worst Picture-nominees that i am willing to see a second time. Not because it's a good movie (it isn't) but because it has become sort a guilty pleasure of mine. It's badly acted, badly written and contains to much naration but somehow still has such an high entertainment value.
whennow View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote whennow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 12:26pm
Nobody at all is understanding the nomination of Alba for The Killer Inside Me. No one is disputing any of the other movies she was nominated for but across the internet they say she was not deserving for The Killer Inside Me. I would have voted for her for worst supporting actress but could not vote for her because TKIM was there.
cartman1337 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote cartman1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 12:56pm
I haven't seen TKIM, but I'm in much the same position as you. I saw her in Machete, and didn't think she was worst actress material based on that film. I have the same dilemma about Jennifer Aniston. Her work in The Bounty Hunter is easily Worst Actress material, but I didn't think her role in The Switch as all that terrible...

This is something I've felt for several years; giving someone a single nomination for several films just seems wrong, and makes it so much harder to vote if you only agree on one (or more, but not all) of the films on that list. If they really are  that terrible in multiple films they should get multiple nominations, like Johnny Depp did at the Golden Globes (in a side not I'd have to say that his role in Alice in Wonderland to me seemed much more likely to pick up a Razzie nomination than a Golden Globe nomination...)  

Originally posted by whennow

Nobody at all is understanding the nomination of Alba for The Killer Inside Me. No one is disputing any of the other movies she was nominated for but across the internet they say she was not deserving for The Killer Inside Me. I would have voted for her for worst supporting actress but could not vote for her because TKIM was there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 36>