Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > AGREE or DISAGREE w/OUR CHOICES?!?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

In General, Whadda Ya Think?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 36>
Author
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Curious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In General, Whadda Ya Think?!?!?
    Posted: January 24 2011 at 1:23pm
Can anybody tell me how Harry Potter movies escape any nominations? I find them so painfully boring, and the three main characters are just plain annoying. What's so bloody great about them that they're not in your mix??  

cartman1337 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote cartman1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 1:33pm
For much the same reason Avatar didn't get any nominations last year, I'd gather. While there are those who hate said films with a passion, most of the masses felt the movies were great, and very far from being Razzie-worthy.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 1:36pm
Whatever, little "guest" troll. No one is here to be cool. Besides, by this time in March (if not sooner), you're not even going to be posting here any more. And by spelling and grammar mistakes, I'm talking about the kind of messages that go like this: 

"YOU PEOPLE SUCK! I HATE YOU! LEAVE TWILIGHT ALONE!" 

Or...

"U pephole r jst gelous tat Kihstren ad Rboert r rcih an famuos!"

Or...

"what is with you people stop hating on twilight they are the greatest movies ever thats why they always win the mtv movie awards so that proves that youre wrong"

Those kind of messages will be showing up like gangbusters over the next month.  

Originally posted by sanity

BurnHollywoodBurn seems to be a bit of a hyprocite. To start a sentance with "But yeah" and then  criticize others for poor grammar (not spelt with an "e" love). I thought only teeny-bopper "Twilight" fans made mistakes!!!! Ha!!! Yeah right! You are not as cool as you think you are my friend! Believe it or not, you are not better than any of these "Twilight" fans, regardless of them being teenagers or not.

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Curious View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Curious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 1:43pm
Thanks for answering cartman1337. Regardless of my own views, would you not agree that most of the masses feel Eclipse is great and very far from being Razzie-worthy? I just don't see the logic. It seems a bit hyprocritical that those movies were given a pass because of their success yet Eclipse was not. I think for some reason peoples views are very clouded when it comes to this franchise and just won't look at it objectively. I don't like that.
sanity View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 1:49pm
You presume alot BurnHollywoodBurn. I'm glad we cleared up the exact type of grammar and spelling mistakes you were referring to (Not your own, obviously!). Please tell me this, if no one is here to be cool, why exactly are you here? 
whennow View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote whennow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 1:50pm
Alba definitely deserved nominations for Little Fockers and Valentines day and I know some say Machete was a satire or something and Alba wasn't supposed to be convincing - that doesn't mean that I wasn't distracted by how crazy it was for Alba to play an ICE agent. Ha ha very funny but the joke didn't last that long. TKIM is different though. And why Alba and not Hudson? Alba belongs in the category but not for TKIM and I can't find anyone who can say Alba was bad in that film even though she is not a good actress in general.

Originally posted by cartman1337

I haven't seen TKIM, but I'm in much the same position as you. I saw her in Machete, and didn't think she was worst actress material based on that film. I have the same dilemma about Jennifer Aniston. Her work in The Bounty Hunter is easily Worst Actress material, but I didn't think her role in The Switch as all that terrible...

This is something I've felt for several years; giving someone a single nomination for several films just seems wrong, and makes it so much harder to vote if you only agree on one (or more, but not all) of the films on that list. If they really are  that terrible in multiple films they should get multiple nominations, like Johnny Depp did at the Golden Globes (in a side not I'd have to say that his role in Alice in Wonderland to me seemed much more likely to pick up a Razzie nomination than a Golden Globe nomination...)  

Originally posted by whennow

Nobody at all is understanding the nomination of Alba for The Killer Inside Me. No one is disputing any of the other movies she was nominated for but across the internet they say she was not deserving for The Killer Inside Me. I would have voted for her for worst supporting actress but could not vote for her because TKIM was there.
DolphinSafeTuna View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote DolphinSafeTuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 1:56pm
If "Eclipse" is the best of the 3 and the other 2 didn't win than neither should "Eclipse," unless the Razzies want to award the body of work versus an individual movie (a la LOTR: The Return of the King) and in that case they should really hold out for "Breaking Dawn." (That's right, the Twilight machine will churn out two more glorious vampire/shape shifter/human teenage angst love story films for your enjoyment and ridicule). 

I completely agree with you about the screenplays and the quality of the inital books, or rather lack of quality. It still baffles me how Melissa Rosenberg can do so well for "Dexter," and completely blow chunks in her "Twilight" adaptations. 

In any event, I think there are more deserving nominees and certainly winners for the Razzies than "Eclipse." 

Criticize away, I wore my big boy pants today. Approve

Spyke View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 2:16pm
CryCryCryCryHow was SKYLINE not nominated for anything?!?!?!?

And when do we receive our E-Ballot's to nominate?
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 2:53pm
Solid list of nominees, my only complaint is Duh Sly Guy for Worst Director -- that's just plain stupid and an f**king waste of a nomination spot, hell the only reason it's name even kept popping up is 'cause HR kept pushing it throughout the year even though the majority of the forum, including other anti-Stallone guys, said it wasn't bad enough. 

I guess that goes to show: Never underestimate a man in power with a grudge, as juvenile as it may be lol. Should've gone to Grown Ups or Skyline instead. Anyways, other than that, a very solid line up. Can't wait to see the results!  

I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin
Wowza2278 View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Wowza2278 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 3:03pm
What a predictable boring bunch of nominees. Where is the clever sophistcation or originality?? Could have done alot better people! Not much to interest me. Its all too easy, nothing to congratulate yourselves about really, no major thought process or use of intelligence seems to be displyed here.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 3:11pm
I won't waste time defending ECLIPSE since other users have done it. At least Stewart & Pattinson aren't up again for "Couple."  

What's the point of "Worst Ensemble" if the SEX & THE CITY 2 actresses still are nominated together?!  

Is THE BOUNTY HUNTER the first movie to be nominated for "Picture" but not for "Director" nor "Screenplay"?  

I think I agree with THE EXPENDABLES being up for "Director," since it could've been better with a better director handling things. 

Originally posted by Curious

Thanks for answering cartman1337. Regardless of my own views, would you not agree that most of the masses feel Eclipse is great and very far from being Razzie-worthy? I just don't see the logic. It seems a bit hyprocritical that those movies were given a pass because of their success yet Eclipse was not. I think for some reason peoples views are very clouded when it comes to this franchise and just won't look at it objectively. I don't like that.

Thank you!
Originally posted by Spyke

CryCryCryCryHow was SKYLINE not nominated for anything?!?!?!?

That tends to happen with box office flops. 

Originally posted by Wowza2278

What a predictable boring bunch of nominees. Where is the clever sophistcation or originality?? Could have done alot better people! Not much to interest me. Its all too easy, nothing to congratulate yourselves about really, no major thought process or use of intelligence seems to be displyed here.

What do you think will happen tomorrow with the Oscars? The same. Early word of mouth and buzz always ruins the surprises.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 3:49pm
I looked over the nods and...

1.  Does Twilight: Eclipse deserve this much Razzing?  Critics have it at 50% on RT, so many others are below that.  It seems that the Twi-hard fans are more deserving of the Razzing than this movie.

2.  Jonah Hex should have more nominations.  It seemed like an early front-runner, but now only has 2 nods.  I think this should have more of the nods (along with Fartbender), while Eclipse gets a special award for Most Annoying Fan Producing Movie.

3.  I'm glad Eclipse didn't take too much away from the Vampires Suck nods.

4. I don't see as many "should have beens" this time around (last year, Miss March, Draggin Ball Evolution, and Street Fighter: Chun Li had a combined ONE nomination (Hefner in MM), though there are still a few movies from this list that needed more attention.
Spyke View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 4:08pm
When can we expect the ballot so we can vote?!?!?Wacko
Guests View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 4:09pm
Hey Berrynoia. Maybe the Eclipse fans wouldn't be so annoying if you didnt antagonise them. You can not expect to mock and pick on people and on something they love without reprecussions. You can not complain when they stand up for themselves especially since you started it.
If you find them so bad perhaps it would be a good idea not to push their buttons and pick on their opinions and feelings. Then they wouldnt bother you because I can gaurantee they wouldnt be here. Something to think about maybe??
Spyke View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 4:18pm
Eclipse was pretty bad but to be honest it wasn't THAT bad. New Moon was by far worse than Eclipse and tbh Eclipse is probably the best in the trilogy.

I wasn't expecting a Worst Picture and Worst Director nod until Breaking Dawn Part I where in Part I the fans are simply looking forward to a wedding and a birth scene.

But back to this year, I do think the acting nods for the guys are worth it, Stewart is a range-less actress but there was worse performances. I'm still gathering from the shock that movie's like Skyline and Elm Street weren't nominated for anything!
Guests View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 4:23pm
PS. Just to finish off with what I was saying to Berrynoia. 50% on RT is actually pretty darn good. Many, many more movies have alot worse than that. Also the top critics actually gave Eclipse 67% on RT and they are the ones that should really be counted as they are deemed the professionals. Its kind of making a laughing stock of the razzies, no credibility whatsoever!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 36>