Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > AGREE or DISAGREE w/OUR CHOICES?!?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

In General, Whadda Ya Think?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 36>
Author
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In General, Whadda Ya Think?!?!?
    Posted: January 24 2011 at 4:27pm
This is a question for Spyke and anyone else who cares. How is Kristen Stewart a range-less actress?? What makes you say that? I want to try to understand where you're coming from.
27years View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 4:30pm
Also isn't it a testiment of how corrupt this whole system is that you are already signing breaking dawn up for more razzie nominations and you havent even seen it yet Spyke?? What chance do they have with that sort of predjudice?? None I guess, but its not surprising.
Spyke View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Spyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 4:46pm
Have you even read Breaking Dawn???

They say it will be the most faithful adaptation in the series when NOTHING HAPPENS in it.

Breaking Dawn in a nutshell:

1. Wedding
2. Birth of the Baby
3. Build up to fight...no fight happens as bad guys have a quick discussion and leaves.
4. The end.

Part I of the two parter is points 1-2. What part of that sounds like a good movie to you.

Plus Kristen Stewart IS a range less actress as she has no range. She gives the same emotionless performance like she does in Adventureland, in The Twilight Saga and in Panic Room.

But I can excuse her in Twilight as Bella is an emotionless Mary Sue.
JayP85 View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote JayP85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 4:48pm

Nominations and RT scores:

Vampires Suck -  4%
The Bounty Hunter - 7%
The Last Airbender - 7%
Sex and The City 2 - 16%
Eclipse - 50%       

All About Steve - 6%
Land of the Lost- 26%
GI Joe - 34%
Old Dogs - 5%
Transformers - 20%

The Happening - 18%
The Hottie and the Nottie- 5%
In the Name of the King- 4%
The Love Guru - 15%
Disaster Movie - 2 %

Bratz - 7%
Daddy Day Care- 1%
I Know Who Killed Me- 7%
I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry - 14%
Norbert - 8%

Hmmmm?  Which one of these is not like the other? 

If another movie that was viewed as simply pure popcorn fun; was wildly successful at the box-office; received a RT score of 50% by critics and 70% by the average moviegoer; and was liked by it's hard-core fans... would this other film and it's actors receive a Razzie nom IF it's hard-core fans were MALE instead of FEMALE? 

Or have the Razzies simply lost their "coolness" in favor of publicity?  Or maybe they are counting on a couple (or 100) of young fans being naive enough to "pay to vote"? (Sorta sounds just like the Oscars and Golden Globes.)

Either way it leaves a bad taste.    
Spyke View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 4:59pm
Blair Witch was nominated for Worst Picture in 1999 and that has an 84% score on RT and I'm sure more males like that than female. Anything below 60 btw is classified as a Rotten film soo...

Besides I think there are worthier movies for Worst Picture than Eclipse like Skyline and The Human Centipede.
mjwpg View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote mjwpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 5:05pm
I love the Twilight books but absolutely hate those damn movies, the main cast is awful and I wonder if they even read the books, way to go on the Razzie nominations.  I get so tired to everything Twilight being referenced to those movies.  The worst adaptation ever!!!!

27years View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 5:13pm
Spyke. Yes I have read breaking dawn and though it may seem like a bad layout for a movie to you, I reiterate my previous point, you havent seen it yet!!! Its so judgemental to already have it deemed terrible!! Surely you can admit that! If one wants to find a flaw it will be found, you know what i mean?
You still havent really given me a reason for labelling Kristen Stewart as rangeless as an actress. Perhaps she is a little guilty of playing a couple of similiar roles but there was still emotion showed. Did you not see her in Adventureland when she was high in the pool or angry with her parents- plenty of emotion. In The Runaways she practically became Joan Jett! In Welcome to the Rileys she was brave enough to put herself out there in way alot of young actors wouldnt dare. A bit of credit for that wouldnt go astray! I sound like a super fan or something which I'm not, its just I can objectively look at her performances and say that a little respect is due. Also I watch alot of movies!
Spyke View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 5:16pm
And the Eclipse lovers still keep talking about the 50% on RT but have they taken time to read the reviews??? And have they read any of the public reviews because it only has 74% of public reviews as they are written by FANS!
Guests View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 5:22pm
Eclipse 67 percent top critics. Not Rotten.
Eclipse 74 percent public (not just fans). Not Rotten.
Any way you try to spin it there is no justification for Eclipse to be involved in this shambles.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 5:22pm
I don't think you've mentioned it yet,but it also has 58% at Metacritic,which is good.

@JayP85:Don't forget that some well-reviewed movies have also been nominated for "Director","Screenplay" and "Remake Or Sequel".

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Spyke View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 5:29pm
Congratulations you watch alot of movies.

I stand by what I said. I have seen Adventureland and anyone can shout at their parents, I would hardly call it an emotional scene. She is range-less because she is exactly the same in every movie she is in!

And back to Breaking Dawn *sigh*

No I have not seen it but anyone can predict for themselves that it is going to be a stupid  and boring film simply from the events!

If I said I was making a 3D horror movie about a talking Giraffe and his penguin pals who go on a killing spree at a frat house. Would you not be judgemental?!?!?!?

A movie in which only a wedding, a honeymoon and birth scene takes place only makes for a boring movie.

Spyke View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 5:32pm
Eclipse actually has 82% from Top Critics simply due to the fact that only 11 Top Critics reviewed it.
And the 74% of the public reviews may not all be fans but the majority of fans who gave it 100% in their reviews.

And you are all blatant disgruntled tweens.

And please New Moon won the Best Movie Award over Avatar and Eclipse over Inception, you have your own awards that you can vote for. It pisses everyone else off, now you know how it feels.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 5:32pm

'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' got nine nominations.  That's what you get for winning the People's Choice Award for Favorite Movie over 'Inception'.  'The Last Airbender' also got nine nominations.  I guess when a movie's that notorious, no one is safe.  'Sex and the City 2' got seven nods and 'The Bounty Hunter' and 'Vampires Suck' got four nods each.  Once the final ballots are mailed it will be time to vote for the weakest link.

VH View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote VH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 5:42pm
Kisten Stewart IS a rangeless actress because she plays all her roles twitchy. Her range of acting is being nervous on screen. If you started a drinking in which (while watching one of her movies) you took a shot every time she bites her lip, touches her hair or hesitates with talking. You would die of alcohol poisoning. How's that for an answer 27years.
sanity View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 5:43pm
Thats exactly what I thought and you've just proven it. This was a vendetta against a huge movie because the majority of the public voted it better than some of your precious favourites. At least now the truth is out! LOL
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 5:47pm
Are you sure she isn't a good actress with repetitive and obvious trademarks?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 36>