Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > AGREE or DISAGREE w/OUR CHOICES?!?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

In General, Whadda Ya Think?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 343536
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In General, Whadda Ya Think?!?!?
    Posted: February 27 2011 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Grounder the Critic

How come Sex in the City 2 won the award for Worst Prequel, Sequel, Remake or Ripoff? Shouldn't The Last Airbender win, because that film was a live-action film remake of the original animated series, and it won the award for Worst Picture
Many fans have said it was so bad they forgot why they liked the show in the first place!It doesn't have to be exact.Some movies have won "Worst Picture" but no "Director" or "Screenplay".And this already happened last year,remember?

This should be in the Razzie records,right?I mean some people have been up for an Oscar and a Razzie for the same movie.The 4 Gal Pals won for the same roles that earned them Emmys and Golden Globes.

By the way,I got a couple of questions about the winners:
1)"Worst Picture" goes to the producer(s).What about "Remake Or Sequel" and "3D Movie"?
2)Exactly who are the members of the 3 casts nominated for "Worst Ensemble"?
I want to know this because then I know who I can refer to as a Razzie winner.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Vits

By the way,I got a couple of questions about the winners:
1)"Worst Picture" goes to the producer(s).What about "Remake Or Sequel" and "3D Movie"?
2)Exactly who are the members of the 3 casts nominated for "Worst Ensemble"?
1. "Worst Remake or Sequel" and "Worst 3-D Movie" are just categories for mocking the current Hollywood trends that are used to make a quick buck over making quality movies that are worth our time and money.

2. Go to the IMDb.com pages for "SATC 2", "Last Fartbender", and "Twilight 3". Ensemble Cast means EVERYONE that acted in the movie. I'm pretty sure "SATC 2" won because it featured the likes of Miley Cyrus and Liza Minnelli.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 12:43pm

1)You didn't answer.Who is/are the recipient(s)of those awards?

2)I know that the award goes to the main starring cast.I want to know,in each case,who are considered part of the ensemble by the Razzies,because it always depends.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Leo

Besides this year's five Worst Director nominees, here's who else what films they directed that earned nominations

Andy Tennant - The Bounty Hunter (last film, Fool's Gold with Kate Hudson earned a nod)
Garry Marshall - Valentine's Day (previous two films Exit to Eden and The Other Sister earned Razzie nods)
Robert Luketic - Killers (previous film, Monster in Law with Jennifer Lopez earned a nod)
Dennis Dugan - Grown Ups (previous films like Big Daddy and I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry earned nods and wins)
Brian Levant - The Spy Next Door (previous films, The Flintstones 1 and 2 & Jingle All the Way earned nods and wins)
Rob Letterman - Gulliver's Travels
Josh Gordon and Will Speck - The Switch
Julie Anne Robinson - The Last Song
Steven Antin - Burlesque
Paul Weitz - Little Fockers
Louis Letterier - Clash of the Titans
Andrei Konchalovsky - The Nutcracker in 3D (previous film, Tango and Cash earned Razzie nods)
Robert Rodriguez - Machete (previous films From Dusk Till Dawn and Spy Kids 3D earned nods and wins)
Steve Anitan actually directed a remake of Gloria starring Sharon Stoone, and she got a worst actress nod for it.

Originally posted by Leo

Father-daughter pairs nominated in the same year include:

2004: Jon Voight and Angelina Jolie
2009 and 2010: Billy Ray and Miley Cyrus

There are also husband-and-wife teams who were nominated in the same year as far as I know.
1981, 1984 and 1990: John and Bo Derek
1985, 1986 and 1989: Sylvester Stallone and Brigitte Nielsen
1986: Sean Penn and Madonna
1991: Bruce Willis and Demi Moore
2005: Jenny McCarthy and John Mallory Asher

People who were in a relationship at the time when their movies were either made or released also earned nods:
2003 and 2004: Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez
2003: Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore
I just remembered another one that is kinda stretching it, but Pamela Anderson was nominated for Worst Actress and Worst New Star (Winning the latter.) in 1996. That same year, Some song, I forget what it was named, but it was written by Tommy Lee. Those two were a couple at some point.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Vits

1)You didn't answer.Who is/are the recipient(s)of those awards?

2)I know that the award goes to the main starring cast.I want to know,in each case,who are considered part of the ensemble by the Razzies,because it always depends.
1. That's the point, there are no recipients. The awards are just there to mock Hollywood's current obsessions with using sequels and 3-D as easy paydays. But if anything, I would GUESS that they might go to the producers like Worst Picture would.

2. Anyone with a speaking line in a movie is part of the main cast. Actually watch the movies and anyone who doesn't speak or isn't on screen for more an a minute doesn't count as the main cast. Or look at the rules of the SAG Awards. Again, "SATC 2" won due to the four leads and other Razzie favorites in supporting roles like Miley Cyrus and Liza Minnelli.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Leo View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 2:15pm
Oiram, Steven Antin didn't direct 1999's "Gloria". That was Sidney Lumet.
Nicki View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Nicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2011 at 2:46am
Hey you guys, the Razzie news have arrived in Germany! People here are mostly agreeing and making fun of "you have to dance five minutes to bend the element" LOL
They have pitty with Alba though
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2011 at 7:28am
Here is a BBC News report on this year's Razzie "winners."
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2011 at 7:33am
Here is another clip featuring the announcement of some of the "winners" from this year's show
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2011 at 9:15am
Things were royally botched up with May 2010; Letters to Juliet, Just Wright, and Shrek Forever After were merely average, and we missed Ridley Scott's Robin Hood AND Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Sex & the City 2 deserved its forum here, but with the awards, they should've just nominated it for Worst Ensemble Cast, not given the four gal pals worst actress, not nominated it for Worst Picture over Killers!
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2011 at 6:05pm
I don't think Jack Black should've been nominated.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2011 at 6:01pm
Now I'll write a "10 Things I Hate About You" list for the 2010 RAZZIES.
X. Clash of the Titans [remake] for Worst 3D Eye Gouger instead of Resident Evil: Afterlife
IX. No nominations for A Nightmare on Elm Street [remake]. Why this film in particular, you might ask? It proves why the RAZZIES need 2 separate categories for Remake or Rip-off and Prequel or Sequel so films like this can get nominated!
VIII. Sex & The City 2 for Worst Director for Michael Patrick King instead of Grown-Ups for Dennis Dugan
VII. Twilight Saga: Eclipse for Worst Director for David Slade instead of Resident Evil: Afterlife for Paul WS Anderson
VI. The Expendables for Worst Director for Sylvester Stallone instead of My Soul to Take for Wes Craven
V. Nominations for The Switch, Machete, and The Killer Inside Me
IV. That four women got Worst Actress collectively despite Worst Ensemble Cast being tacked on to Worst Screen Couple, rendering Sex & the City 2's victory for Worst Ensemble Cast redundant. Worst Ensemble Cast should have gone to Stale Airbender, because it featured people descended from India playing characters who should've been from Japan or thereabout.
III. Sex & The City 2 for Worst Picture instead of Killers
II. That only ONE film got as many nominations as The Twilight Saga: Eclipse and nothing exceeded the two.
I. Twilight Saga: Eclipse for Worst Picture instead of Jonah Hex
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2011 at 7:06pm
Clap
hook View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote hook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2012 at 10:38pm

dadadadadadadadadadadadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2012 at 3:00am
My take on the 2010 RAZZIES, consolidated, but with Worst Trends added:

Films that should've been RAZZed, but didn't: 5
Skyline
My Soul to Take
Furry Vengeance
Resident Evil: Afterlife
A Nightmare on Elm Street [remake]

Films that got RAZZed, but shouldn't have: 4
The Expendables [remake]
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
The Killer Inside Me //I call it the "Like the Film, Hate the Act Parameter". The norm is bad performance, bad film. Other than that, I think good performance, bad film (The "RAZZed Just for Signing on Parameter") is the lesser of two evils, because at least the film is among the worst the film industry had to offer that year, and there was still some reason left to RAZZ the actor or actress. If it's bad performance, good film, there's none of that.
Machete

Films that got RAZZed to the wrong degree: 3
Killers (Not RAZZed enough)
Jonah Hex (Not RAZZed enough)
Sex & the City 2 (RAZZed too much) //12 films to complain about. More than any other year in the RAZZIES' history. Now that it's properly quantified, what a dubious distinction!

Worst Trends/Events of 2010:
V. Horror films again! This time, they're so bad our former most common dissenter won't defend it! (My Soul to Take, Case 39, A Nightmare on Elm Street [remake], Saw VII 3D)
IV. Nicolas Sparks adaptations. Something about his books put us out to get 'em! (The Last Song this time. At least Dear John wasn't as bad as From Paris With Love though.)
III. Awesomely bad ensemble casts out in full force (Fully replaces couples as the most risky grouping of actors in films as of the new decade)
II. All the lousy romantic comedies, and even some anti-romantic comedies! (The Bounty Hunter, The Back-Up Plan, Leap Year, Valentine's Day)
I. 3D effects that gouge out our eyes (Saw VII 3D, Clash of the Titans [remake], Resident Evil: Afterlife, and of course, The Last Airbender)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 343536

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum (rel="nofollow")
 Enable BBcodes to format post
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.