Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > LIONS FOR LAMBS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

In Like a LION...Out Like a LAMB???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In Like a LION...Out Like a LAMB???
    Posted: November 14 2007 at 4:53am

IT's LITTLE TOMMY CRUISE's FIRST "OUTING" as the HEAD of PRODUCTION at UNITED ARTISTS. AND IT DOES TOP-LINE THREE of the BIGGEST NAMES in MOVIES TODAY (INCLUDING HIS OWN). BUT IT's ALSO GETTING SOME of the WORST REVIEWS of CRUISE's CAREER...

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK WENT WRONG with LIONS FOR LAMBS??

CRUISE: "I don't know...Do you think maybe that whole lunging-at-Matt-Lauer-like-a-rabid-dog-on-the-Today-Show thing backfired??"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2007 at 4:25am

Too much hostility towards authority, from what I can see.  Yes, the country's leadership is out of touch with reality, much as it has always been since the day we were founded. But the filmmakers here fail to realize that this does not give those with starkly opposite viewpoints free reign to be just as horrible in response. 

You can't make a memorable movie if you're willing to be this unbudging in your hatred of those in power...

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2007 at 12:40pm

Thanks, HeadRAZZBerry, for posting this.

In a way, this reminds me of the discussion surrounding September Dawn.  Both movies seem to have a similar fault, in that in many cases, you should not beat people over the head with your point of view in a movie.  It seems to make for a lousy movie, and soa lousy movie undermines the point you're trying to make.

Of course, no one has called Lions for Lambs "ham-fisted" yet.  "Repititious", but not "ham-fisted."

thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2007 at 12:55pm
This seems like a hard year for Meryl Streep. First was Evening, then Rendition, and now this.

nico View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote nico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2007 at 12:11pm
The problem stems from the fact that it's the wrong movie at the wrong time. It's very hard to sell a movie about current events, people see this on TV or read about it everyday. No matter the politics involved or what side this movie fell on, it is a no win situation. People are sick of it on the news so they are darn well not going to spend their hard earned money to get preached at in the theater.
whennow View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote whennow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2007 at 1:58am

I will vote for Meryl Streep for Worst Supporting Actress. Evening, Rendition and Lions for Lambs. It's time. Three stinkers in one year! People should Razz her for her script choices...

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2007 at 8:20am
Actually, Streep was good in "Evening" and a little over-the-top in "Rendition". It was essentially Dick Cheney in drag (except better looking), but it was still decent.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Budgieboy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Budgieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2007 at 9:22pm

In all reviews I've seen of this movie, they praise Cruise's and Streep's performances, and rent against the script -- saying it's a dull talk-fest. 

A friend in need is a bloody nuisence
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2007 at 1:54pm
What is my problem with this film? We are constantly being bombarded with bad news about the wars (unless you get your news from Fox), and yet,  Hollywood is faulting us for not being "open" about the War on Terror, and how the government is using propaganda against us citizens so we'll support the war.

News about over 3000 soldiers dying? Taliban gaining strength? News about increased insurgents attacks? That doesn't sound like government propaganda to me...

Sorry if I'm being too political

Speaking about these anti-war films, Brian DePalma is releasing one titled Redacted. So far, it's getting mixed reviews.

Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
Queen_of_Toad View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2007 at 10:33am
I would have watched this film if it wasn't for Mighty Midget. I think it sounds interesting. However, now, I will wait until the public library gets it. 
Please, forgive my poor English. It's not my native language.
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2007 at 12:12pm
Most botched Oscar-baiter (along with Elizabeth: The Golden Age, Love in the Time of Cholera, August Rush, Evening, etc.)...
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2007 at 3:14pm

Originally posted by Sanndman228715

Most botched Oscar bait contender, along with Elizabeth: The Golden Age, Love in the time of cholera, August Rush, Evening, etc.

I may be wrong, but I'm guessing Awake will be added to that list.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 2:25pm
I was recomended to see this,along with CHARLIE WILSON'S WAR,but I said no'cuz I'm not into politic movies.However,after I while,I gain a lil'interest on watchin'that,but not this.Why is that?Keep in mind I didn't know if they were hits or failures.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply