Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > ALIENS vs. PREDATOR: REQUIEM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

In Space, No One Can Hear You YAWN!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In Space, No One Can Hear You YAWN!
    Posted: December 19 2007 at 9:31am

LIKE DORIS DAY and ROCK HUDSON... SPENCER TRACY and KATHARINE HEPBURN... or SCOOBY DOO and SHAGGY, TOO... THEY'RE B-A-A-A-A-A-ACK! 

RE-UNITED for the FIRST TIME SINCE THEIR RAZZIE®-NOMINATED 2004 OUTING ALIEN vs. PREDATOR, THAT ACID-DROOLIN' DUDE and HIS RASTA-LOOKIN' MAN-EATER PAL RETURN to the SCREEN to PURSUE THEIR ROMANCE in ALIENS vs. PREDATOR: REQUIEM.

PERSONALLY, WE'D HAVE CALLED IT "ALIEN vs. PREDATOR: REMATCH"... 'CAUSE WE FIGURE ANY AUDIENCE WILLING to SIT THRU THIS KINDA CRAP PROBABLY DOESN'T KNOW WHAT "REQUIEM" MEANS... 

NOW IT's YOUR TURN to PLAY "WHACK-an-ALIEN" -- POST YER THOUGHTS BELOW...

"Oh, yeah -- You only got top billing 'cause it's alphabetical, Dude!"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2007 at 10:53am
I think it'll be good!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2007 at 3:58pm

It actually looks a little better than their last outing. It is rated R, which many people complained should've been the rating of the first movie (and that Paul Anderson ruined the franchise). But I'm surprised that the movie is only 86 minutes long. 

wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2007 at 10:15am

Which tends to suggest that they couldn't find much to put in it, apart from what was deemed necessary. Which could be good or bad, depending on lots of factors. 

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2007 at 12:43pm
Get ready for a fan bashing coming at you...oh, no, you didn't (again)!!!
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2007 at 4:33am
A lot of huh? actor names in this film. Sometimes a sign that a film will stink.

At least it's rated R, like the earlier Predator and Alien films, so it may not fall into the category of crappy PG-13 films.
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2007 at 4:53am
I know one name in the film that you guys don't, so that's an advantage for me (although she's no household name): Signourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley.

No. Actually it's Reiko Ayleworth, who played Michelle Dessler in seasons 2-5 of my favorite television show "24"
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2007 at 5:44am

thomsonmg2000, that was a stupid statement of yours saying no named actors make a bad movie. Does it mean that there are some people other than usual Hollywood stars we've already seen before? It offers a chance to let no named actors have a chance to act.

Response from Head RAZZberry: Actually, thomsonmg2000 merely suggested that having only actors most people have never heard of (especially when it's a major studio / wide release) in a film's cast sometimes means it'll stink. Guess we'll find out December 25 who's right.

Somehow, though, I'm already anticipating moviewizguy will "like" it, regardless of its actual merits... 

Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2007 at 5:13am
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

PERSONALLY, WE'D HAVE CALLED IT "ALIEN vs. PREDATOR: REMATCH"... 'CAUSE WE FIGURE ANY AUDIENCE WILLING to SIT THRU THIS KINDA CRAP PROBABLY DOESN'T KNOW WHAT "REQUIEM" MEANS... 

The American Heritage Dictionary's definition:
Requiem |ˈrekwçəm; ˈrâ-| - noun
(also requiem mass)
(esp. in the Roman Catholic Church) a Mass for the repose of the souls of the dead.
• a musical composition setting parts of such a Mass, or of a similar character.
• an act or token of remembrance : he designed the epic as a requiem for his wife.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2007 at 11:34am

Yeah, I even liked AVP. Thought it was better than Aliens.

Yes, I said it!

Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2007 at 3:26pm
I posted this at a RT Thread, but i thought it could have some merit here as well:

This new one looks promising, the predators look like the predators I know of, and so do the Aliens. The predators even make the same sound when they go into their vision mode, total plus.

And to all the haters of this movie, just keep this in mind:

1. Paul Anderson is not affiliated with this project
2. This movie is rated R, and from what i can tell, they use it.
3. Paul Anderson is not affiliated with this project
4. The Predators are not complete wusses in this film (At least from what I can tell)
5. The Aliens don't resemble dog like creatures.
6. Paul Anderson is not affiliated with this project
7. It can't get any worse than AVP1

So in conclusion, this movie wins by default. Of course I could be wrong, I originally thought Resident Evil 2 couldn't be worse than RE1, and I was dead wrong. But here's to hoping.

Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 3:46am

OOPS! My bad -- I was typing too fast the other day. The name is Reiko Aylesworth... 

Originally posted by Movie Man

I know one name in the film that you guys don't, so that's an advantage for me (although she's no household name): Signourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley.

No. Actually it's Reiko Ayleworth, who played Michelle Dessler in seasons 2-5 of my favorite television show "24"

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 1:33pm
I would expect this movie to be on this forum. Though, it's now rated R unlike its predecessor.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2007 at 6:55am
Gosh, was this a let down! The first movie was better (of course). This movie was shot entirely too dark. You can't see what's going on (including the pred-alien vs. the predator). Still, it was decent as a body count movie. The first had a better story than just killing people, you know?
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2007 at 1:49pm
The fact that this movie even managed to get made is solid proof that Hollywood is completely out of ideas. Both of these licenses were beaten to death individually, then they tried to squeeze blood out of the dry turnip one last time with the cage match nobody asked for or wanted to see. Now, their baaaaaaack! Is it too much to ask that somebody TRY something new? Are they afraid it might make less money? Somehow that seems unlikely, in this instance.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2007 at 5:14pm

The original AvP was a graphic novel, and it was a terrific idea actually.  A group of humans colonize a planet that becomes infested with aliens.  Then a bunch of young predators show up.  Apparently, the predators used the planet as a training ground for its children, and they first drop off alien eggs, and then drop off their children and let them hunt, fend for themselves and hone their survival skills.  The humans become caught in the crossfire.

Too bad neither of the inferior movies have ever bothered with the original premise.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>