Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > ALIENS vs. PREDATOR: REQUIEM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

In Space, No One Can Hear You YAWN!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In Space, No One Can Hear You YAWN!
    Posted: December 26 2007 at 4:10am
This was basically a "body count movie." No plot-- None at all...
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2007 at 3:14pm

Even Lance Henriksen, who despite being a good actor, has made some ass-trocious movies, wasn't desperate enough to be in this! 

Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2008 at 11:43am

This kind of redundant, pandering CRAP is exactly why we now have  "Worst Excuse for a Horror Movie" as a new Razzie category for 2007.

Just how dumb does Hollywood think we moviegoers are???

Everything SUX!
icegirl View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote icegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2008 at 8:03am

I really hate this movie...crappy acting, 0 action, the script is atrocious, even the aliens are crappy...

I don't know why Hollywood bothers to make these movies!!

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2008 at 5:02am
AVP3 anyone ?, I guess the makers of this lame series are still pissed off they did not win a Razzie for the 1st two and are looking to try again, read this link to find out more.
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2008 at 8:58am
I'm still going to see it -- and the rest of the Saw movies!  
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2008 at 4:02pm
I knew you wouldn't let us down!!!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 8:53am

I'll probably buy the 2-Disc unrated extreme edition for AvP-R, too. I guess if you watch this movie as a forgettable fright flick, it's good...

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 9:57am

I'll tell you what, If I can get myself loaded enough on beer and hard liqour, you could get me to believe that this movie was as good as Ben Hur and 2001, billed as "Double Feature" played side-by-side at a Classic Movie Convention on "The Art of Artistic Expression"!

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I know it may be considered blasphemous in some movie-loving circles, but I've always found BEN-HUR (except for the chariot race sequence) to be One of the Most Boring Movies Ever Made -- and certainly one of the least repeat-watchable Best Picture winners in Oscar® history... 

Words to live by:
moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by ITbeast

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I know it may be considered blasphemous in some movie-loving circles, but I've always found BEN-HUR (except for the chariot race sequence) to be One of the Most Boring Movies Ever Made -- and certainly one of the least repeat-watchable Best Picture winners in Oscar® history... 

You're not alone.

Also, AVPR was bad. Shocking, right?
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by ITbeast

I'll tell you what, If I can get myself loaded enough on beer and hard liqour, you could get me to believe that this movie was as good as Ben Hur and 2001, billed as "Double Feature" played side-by-side at a Classic Movie Convention on "The Art of Artistic Expression"!

I've always felt that way about the Ten Commandments. Sure, it's attention getting and kitchy, but it doesn't deserve the all time respect that an Oscar winner deserves.
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 12:47pm

Just saw this. Of all the "Alien" and "Predator" movies, this one's the worst! The main reason I hated it was its vicious sadism: First, a Xenomorph pops out of a little kid. Then, the Predalien finds a room full of babies. They don't show him eating them (thankfully), but it's still tasteless. Then he finds a room full of pregnant women, and I'm not even going to describe that. I will say this; the Predator was pretty cool, and the Xenomorphs are still badass. Unfortunately, the Predalien was just stupid and fake-looking...

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
hastymanic View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote hastymanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 5:26am
Hey, my roommate loved this film. He also enjoyed most of the films currently presented on the annual Razzie nominations list. That's all that needs to be said. Well, one more thing...he just finished watching Bio-Dome with Pauly Shore! Ok, not nuff said!
Hasty Manic
I am still looking for a movie worse than 'Manos: The Hands of Fate.' Alas, I remain ever hopeful!
hastymanic View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote hastymanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2008 at 3:59pm

Next up, Alien Vs. Predator Vs. Godzilla Vs. the Green Martians.............should be a big hit!

SPOILER ALERT: Godzilla wusses out!

Hasty Manic
I am still looking for a movie worse than 'Manos: The Hands of Fate.' Alas, I remain ever hopeful!
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2011 at 3:01pm
Been putting this one off for a while. I didn't hate the first AVP that much, but this one was much worse.

The good:

The aliens: The aliens in this are handled well.

The predators: One thing this has on the first AVP; the predators handle themselves well. Considering how anti-climatic the first two predators in that was, that's not saying much.

The bad:

The humans: Why do they keep putting annoying human characters in sci-fi that have much more interesting non-human characters? If you have to put humans in, make them soldiers! All the humans are annoying but most annoying is...

Kristen Hager: She plays the bosomy, brainless, blonde love interest. She immensly annoying, but the film-makers had the sense to kill her off towards the end.

The predalien: The predalien is one of the dumbest creatures ever committed to celluloid. Not to mention, most of the worst scenes involve this dud of an FX creation.

The ugly:

Greg & Colin Strause: They directed this and Skyline. Can we get aliens to abduct them for defaming their names?

Sadism: Aliens popping out of little kids! Babies getting eaten by the predalien! And, of course, the pregnant lady scene! Screenwriter Shane Salerno must have had a rough childhood!

The lighting: To say that the lighting is bad is like saying that Mt. Everast is tall: a major understatement. It almost impossible to see something happen in a couple scenes!

The last AVP game wasn't too bad. Not as good as the ones from the 90s', but a helluva lot better than the films! Grade: D-

Next-up: The Human Centipede!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2011 at 7:18pm
I actually enjoyed that AVP game.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12