Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2011 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

IN TIME

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IN TIME
    Posted: October 27 2011 at 6:15pm
Personally, I don't think we need any more Member-Started Forums... unless we're sure the movie will be nominated. The main reason why I think IN TIME will be nominated is that some cast members are already in consideration: Amanda Seyfried, Alex Pettyfer and maybe Olivia Wilde. As for the former member of The Backstreet Boys N*Sync, if he does get nominated I'm sure it'll only be for this and not for the other 2 movies he was in this year. So good for him, I guess.

Now, this is one of those futuristic Sci-Fi thrillers where all the effort went to make the premise as creative as possible. Meanwhile, the whole plot will more likely be formulaic. Not to mention that the look of the film (specially the colours) reminds me of
TRON LEGACY a little too much.

The crix say that it has a stilted filmmaking and a blunt and heavy-handed storytelling. Can you believe the man responsible for this was also responsible for GATTACA and THE TRUMAN SHOW?

Do you have more reasons? If so, feel free to discuss them below.

Photo #1

Seyfried: "No, this is the poster of our movie, not your next catalog!"
Timberlake: "Oh! I was wondering why I was told to keep my clothes on"
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2011 at 2:05pm
UPDATES from Vits: Roger Ebert gave this 3/4. And Richard Roeper gave it a B:

whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2011 at 8:47am
This has a MetaCritic score of 55. Most films in that score range (and/or in the mid-30's on Rotten Tomatoes) never received any nominations.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2011 at 9:27am
RESPONSE from Vits: As I stated above, this movie's odds of getting nominated are mainly because of the actors. I don't think it'll be considered for anything else.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2011 at 12:20pm
I've just got back from this and it was "OK". The conecept was nice, some of the action scenes were good, and the leads were likable. Also, Alex Pettyfer is much better as a slimy d-bag, than as a romantic lead. Grade: B.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2011 at 12:38pm
RESPONSE from Vits: Is there any category you think it should be nominated? Or do you (just like GTA) think good movies shouldn't be nominated for any Razzies, just as bad movies shouldn't be nominated for any Oscars?
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2011 at 4:35pm
I don't mind good movies getting Razzie nods as long as they deserve it. For example, I liked the Star Wars prequels, but Jar Jar deserved his win! As for bad movies being nominated for Oscars, it's the same if they deserve (i.e. Around The World In 80 Days for Best Score.)
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2011 at 11:26am
UPDATES from Vits: Click here to see the movie's box office results. And here's the review from WHAT THE FLICK?*:
*In my opinion, it reflects what Rotten Tomatoes says.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 1:47pm
UPDATE from Vits: I just saw it.

F.Y.C.:
-Supp. Actress for Olivia Wilde: Maybe. Her role was small and she wasn't really bad. But she was in this and COWBOYS & ALIENS.
-Couple: Yes.
-Actor for Justin Timberlake (also for BAD TEACHER and FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS); Actress for Amanda Seyfried (Also for RED RIDING HOOD); Supp. Actor for Alex Pettyfer or Cillian Murphy; Director; Screenplay; Ensemble; Remake/Rip-Off; Picture: No.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2011 at 9:37am
UPDATE from Vits: This movie was included here:

Any thoughts?
 Post Reply Post Reply