Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > VALKYRIE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Infamous FAT SUIT PHOTO of Tom Cruise!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Infamous FAT SUIT PHOTO of Tom Cruise!
    Posted: November 22 2007 at 1:26am

HERE 'TIS!  THE PHOTO LIL TOMMY CRUISE THREATENED a MAJOR LAWSUIT OVER... 

OUR ONLY QUESTION: WHICH PART of THIS "COSTUME" IS ACTUALLY COSTUME...AND HOW MUCH of IT IS ACTUALLY TOMMY-FAT?!?!?! 

AND HERE'S MSNBC's COVERAGE of the SO-CALLED "FAT-SUIT FRACAS"...

By Courtney Hazlett THE SCOOP
updated 8:38 p.m. PT, Sun., Nov. 18, 2007

<>
Courtney Hazlett
The Scoop
Tom Cruise doesn’t want anyone to see him looking fat and bald. At least that’s the word his lawyers spread late last week after a photo of Cruise in a fat suit and chest wig made the rounds.

Just as the weekly celebrity magazines were rushing off to print last Friday, Nov. 16, many editors received letters from Cruise’s lawyer, which threatened legal action if the photos of Cruise, snapped on the set of Ben Stiller’s new film “Tropic Thunder,” were used.

The portly pics were traced back to photo agency INF, who also then sent a letter to magazines saying, “The pictures, which were shot by an INF staff photographer, show Cruise in a fat suit and chest wig on the set of Tropic Thunder. ... While these pictures were taken without breaking any criminal or civil laws, we have decided to pull them from circulation effective immediately.”

“It was crazy,” an editor at one of the celeb weeklies told me. “We had at least four calls from publicists and two legal letters on Friday. All they did was draw more attention to the picture.”

Just why was the Cruise camp so irate about the pics? Some say that it’s because “Tropic Thunder” is not part of Cruise’s own production company, United Artists, so he didn’t want it getting around that he was appearing in “Tropic.”

“He could have gotten away with very few people knowing about his cameo until the movie came out,” points out one person familiar with the fracas. “Now he’s going to have to answer questions.” For the record, Cruise’s rep tells me, “Tom’s involvement with United Artists does not prohibit him from acting in non-United Artists projects.”

There's also this to consider: Cruise rarely does cameos, and Stiller is a friend of his. Could this just be a case of a paparazzo spoiling some fun and ruining a surprise? It sure wouldn't be a first. 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Queen_of_Toad View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2007 at 6:04am
HeadRAZZ, I will report you to the admins if you carry on like that... 
Please, forgive my poor English. It's not my native language.
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2007 at 3:53pm
Could have been worse... It COULD have been him in a winged helmet and brass bra...

Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2007 at 7:04am

The Razzie forum, where you can see pictures not even the press is willing to show. . . .

This makeup and costume strikes me as hilarious.  I'm guessing he's walking from his makeup trailer to where they will dress him up.  I hope they release the complete outfit.  It's great publicity, both for Cruise and for Stiller's movie.  Cruise shouldn't censor this.

thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2007 at 3:33am
Come on Tom Cruise! You're an actor! You're supposed to be seen in those type of clothing
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 1:59pm
My god, when did Tom Cruise lose his hair? It looks so godawful as well as freaky!
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 2:01pm
Oh, and by the way, has anyone taken a look at this upcoming film called MAD MONEY, starring Diane Keaton, Katie Holmes and Queen Latifah? It comes out January 18, 2008.
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 6:39pm

VALKYRIE's release date has been pushed back to 2009! You can read the Yahoo News article here at this LINK...

thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2008 at 8:57am
I just saw Tropic Thunder. I was surprised at how good Tom Cruise was in this movie, especially when he was telling Flaming Dragon that he would snap their male reproductive organ and fk them up! 
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
papap47 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote papap47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2011 at 9:47pm
When I watched Tropic Thunder, I didn't thought it was Tom Cruise at first. I mean the make up and fake fats were good. They don't look fake. :) Suits Tom like a future look to Tom. :P
 Post Reply Post Reply