Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2013 TITLES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

INSIDIOUS: CHAPTER 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: INSIDIOUS: CHAPTER 2
    Posted: September 13 2013 at 4:07am

MEMBER STARTED FORUM

INFO LINKS FOR THIS FILM:

ROTTEN TOMATOES Reviews

B.O. MoJo PAGE

OFFICIAL FACEBOOK PAGE

IMDb LISTING

Insidious was a horror movie that caught many by surprise. What it did was attempt to go back to the roots of horror, which was the suspense of the incident, and it worked pretty well for many people. However, due to the fact that it made more money than one would think it would receive, a sequel "had" to be made. That sequel, of course, is Insidious Chapter 2.

What made Insidious Chapter 2 more promising of a sequel than, say... The Last Exorcism Part II, was two factors. First is that it actually is picking up from were the last Insidious, left off, making it as little more of a sequel made to explain rather than a sequel just made for the money. The second reason was that the director James Wan came right out of The Conjuring, which was also a pretty well-received horror film. However, the reviews for Insidious Chapter 2 are mixed. They indicate pretty strongly that it is not as scary as the first one, and that it actually got dumbed down in certain areas. I have heard some reviewers say if you love the first Insidious, you are going to hate the second one.

Maybe this is why James Wan is officially dropping out of horror movies.

So what do you guys think? Is Insidious Chapter 2 bad enough for the spray-painted gold raspberry

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2013 at 9:12am
Originally posted by oiram

I have heard some reviewers say if you love the first Insidious, you are going to hate the second one.
I felt the first one was just average*. What will I feel?

*If the Vits Award for Most Average Movie had existed in 2011, it would've been a nominee. Instead, it was just up for Best Movie Photography.
Originally posted by oiram

So what do you guys think? Is Insidious Chapter 2 bad enough for the spray-painted gold raspberry?
I doubt it. There are worse horror movies this year. And since the 1st one wasn't considered an excellent movie, this sequel isn't really dissapointing.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2013 at 5:13pm
I really enjoyed the first Insidious, and though I was bored silly by this one, it's not really Razzie-worthy. But I wouldn't be bothered if this got a Worst Sequel nod (or if Patrick Wilson got a Worst Actor nomination).  

My Grade: C  

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2013 at 5:52pm
Do you want Patrick Wilson for Worst Actor just for this movie? Or also for THE CONJURING?
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2013 at 6:38pm
Just this one.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2013 at 7:09pm
I just saw it. For your consideration:
-Worst Actor for Patrick Wilson (not for THE CONJURING).
-Worst Actress (or Supp. Actress?) for Rose Byrne (also for THE INTERNSHIP).
-Worst Prequel or Sequel.
-Worst Excuse for a Horror Movie.

Oh, and maybe Worst Screenplay.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2013 at 7:19pm
May I kindly ask why you think its that bad?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2013 at 7:31pm
Too many jump scares and unintentionally funny moments, and very few scary moments. Plus bad acting and a plot that's even less creative than the 1st one.
 Post Reply Post Reply