Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > THE INVASION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

INVASION of the Pod People Executives??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: INVASION of the Pod People Executives??
    Posted: August 12 2007 at 6:45am

THE UMP-TEENTH REMAKE of INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS, 2007's INVASION TURNED OUT SO WELL THAT ITS STUDIO BROUGHT in THE WARCHOWSKI BROTHERS to DO a MAJOR RE-WRITE and RE-SHOOTS. AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS... 

TOO BAD, THOUGH, 'CAUSE WITH NICOLE KIDMAN, DANIEL CRAIG and a BIG BUDGET, THIS COULDA BEEN a FUN RE-WORKING of an OLD HOLLYWOOD WARHORSE.

AND SPEAKING of POD PEOPLE, ANYONE ELSE THINK THE EXECUTIVE OFFICES of EVERY STUDIO in HOLLYWOOD RIGHT NOW MUST HAVE ROTTING PODS in the CLOSET? THAT WOULD GO a LONG WAY TOWARD EXPLAINING the EMOTION-LESS, SOUL-LESS CRAP THAT's BEEN HITTING SCREENS on a WEEKLY BASIS THIS ENTIRE YEAR...

Kidman: "My God...those pod people must eat an awful lot of fiber!"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2007 at 7:19am

Could this be Daniel Craig's first Razzie nod, Nicole Kidman's first Razzie nom as Worst Actress...and her second Worst Screen Couple nom?? 

Response from Head RAZZBerry: Paired with Will Ferrell in the lamentably lame recent remake of BEWITCHED, Kidman is already a Worst Screen Couple RAZZIE "winner"... 

RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2007 at 7:45am
The film took too long to start promotions - the ads began like 2-3 weeks ago. Much like Lindsay Lohan's film I Know Who Killed Me. So there may be some bad reviews, and a possible chance for a Razzie nod. Who knows? Unless the Wachowski brothers can prove us wrong (they did The Matrix after all!).
You think you know, but you have no idea.
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2007 at 10:11am

Daniel Craig...why have I heard that...BOND!  Why would the newest James Bond be in this?

Also, the Wachowski's weren't the original directors, and this film has been through major rewrites and reshoots...with an original release date of June 2006?!

Must I also begin to worry about the live action remake of Speed Racer (also a Wachowski Bros. film)?? 

Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 4:18am
For some reason, this movie looks a little bit like that awful Nicole Kidman movie, "Dogsville".
ZookGuy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZookGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 8:49am

Can anyone  name five non-independent films this year that weren't  sequels, remakes, based on comic books or cartoons...well pretty much films with original characters?? 

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2007 at 10:08am

I think that this was a once good idea gone completely wrong. By the time they brought in "damage control," it was to late!

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2007 at 2:52pm

I think I'm going to see this movie this week. Looks great, and I liked The Faculty, which was also inspired by Invasion/Snatchers...

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 3:08am

One thing for sure...it already has one strike against it: It's not being released for pre-review to the critics. And we all know that is not good!  

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 10:21am
Unless you count Snakes on a Plane.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 10:56am

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Unless you count Snakes on a Plane.

I should have elaborated that was the only exception to the rule...but other than that, please name another movie without press screenings that has not out right disappointed... 

Words to live by:
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Berrynoia

Daniel Craig...why have I heard that...BOND!  Why would the newest James Bond be in this?

Craig actually made this first, before he got the job as the new James bond -- he found out he had gotten the Bond gig right in the middle of filming this movie. They had to hold filming a couple of days so Daniel Craig could attend the press conference announcing him as the new Bond.

This also tells you how long this film has been in the can -- well before they brought in Neo and his gang to do damage control on this sen-less remake.  

Words to live by:
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by ITbeast

One thing for sure...it already has one strike against it: It's not being released for pre-review to the critics. And we all know that is not good!  

Actually, it is being screened. It's sitting at 16% at Rotten Tomatoes.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 3:56pm
It looks like it's going to be another RAZZIE nod for Nicole Kidman, and this time, it's going to be a Worst Actress RAZZIE nod, and perhaps another Worst Screep Couple as well.
whennow View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote whennow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2007 at 1:08am
I can just see the worst director nomination for Hershbiegel "with unasked for assistance from the Wachowski's."
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2007 at 2:02am

Ok, it has been shown to the critics...which makes you wrong. And I think you might need to reconsider not to nominate this as a Razzie contender because all I've heard about this film was okay and decent, not any worse.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>