Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > FANTASTIC FOUR: RISE of the SILVER SURFER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Is Alba Worst ACTRESS or SUPPORTING?!?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Alba Worst ACTRESS or SUPPORTING?!?!?!
    Posted: June 20 2007 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by cvcjr13

Originally posted by jb razz

Awake-A thriller starring Hayden Christensen with Alba as his wife.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

WORST SCREEN COUPLE IN A HEARTBEAT!!!
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2007 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by jb razz

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2007 at 2:22am

I saw on The Good Luck Chuck Movie Poster that Alba's name comes right after Dane Cook, so I would pretty much say she is a  Lead Actress in that one... 

jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2007 at 1:50am

HeadRAZZ, this is a perfect time to bring up something I tried to bring up on another thread: The number of films that Jessica Alba is starring in this year. She has five projects (including this one) coming out this year, which basically guarantees that she will get a razzie nomination for something. They are:

FF2-already in discussion

Good Luck Chuck-This Dane Cook sex comedy will definitely get discussed here when it comes out. The trailer doesn't make it clear whether Alba is lead or supporting.

Bill-A weird looking comedy with Aaron Eckhart

The Eye-Alba has the lead role in this American remake of a Japanese thriller.

So I'd like the HeadRAZZ and all other users to give their predictions and comments about "the year of Alba" and how the year will turn out for her in terms of razzies.

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2007 at 11:28am
I'm just saying this movie doesn't take itself too seriously, like most superhero films. It has a fun time, just know...with the one-liners. It puts a smile on your face. As for Galactus, I liked the way he appeared in the movie. It was dark, but why are people complaining? You don't see his whole body (he's HUMONGUS!) but at least you can see what he's doing. It's not like they could spend a $200 million dollar budget entirely on Galactus...
ArtGirl138 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2007 at 6:13am

Originally posted by moviewizguy

I also want to attack a "problem" in this film that people are complaining about: Galactus. Yes, many will be disappointed on how he appears in the movie or that he appears at all but isn't this film called "Rise of the Silver Surfer"? So please, don't be surprised of how Galactus appears.

What is THAT supposed to mean?!

Look, I'm not an avid FF reader, and my knowledge of the movie comes from online information (no way I'm shelling out ten bucks to see that crap!), but from my knowledge of the Galactus storyline, I understand that if you're gonna introduce the Silver Surfer into the movies, you HAVE to mention Galactus. So, can you blame the comic book fans for being upset that he doesn't look much like he does in the comics? I mean, altering a villain's costume is one thing (example: the Green Goblin in Spider-Man), but changing his entire form?!

Now, your criticism of other comic book movies - I haven't seen Superman Returns (YET), so I can't offer a rebuttal. Batman Begins? Okay, that's SUPPOSED to be serious! He's the Dark Knight! Ever wonder why people were upset with Batman & Robin? And Spider-Man? Okay, yes, there were some serious moments, but I wouldn't exactly say it was a dark and brooding film.

*ahem* Anyway, on the subject of Alba's RAZZIE possibilities...well I certainly wasn't impressed with her performance in the first movie. Why should this time be any different?

Self-Proclaimed Cartoon Geek
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2007 at 1:54am
Bruin, didn't you read my review?
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2007 at 3:38pm

As for the Box Office Numbers, yes, it didn't reach $100 Million as anyone would expect, still made some high numbers, $58 million, so, it does look like it may pass the $100 million dollar mark at the U.S. Box Office, but only time will tell if it will be higher or lower than its predecessor. Anyways, moviewizguy, you've seen this movie, and did you think it was a good film? And if there are some problems on this movie, tell us about those problems.

Response from Head RAZZberry: The first FANTASTIC FOUR ended up with a domestic total gross of about $155 million, following an opening weekend of $56 million. B.O. MoJo estimated its production budget as $100 million (LINK). This second one is estimated to have cost $130 million (LINK) and when you add in the cost of prints and advertising, their total investment certainly exceeds the gross of the first film (with Fox only getting about 65% of the box office take). So how was this sequel a wise investment?? 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2007 at 6:50am

On Ebert and Roeper, the Guest critic gave it a thumbs up and Roper, who hated the first, gave it a MARGINAL thumbs down. He thinks he might like the next film, though. Well, here's my review:

With Von Doom back in his homeland of Latveria the fantastic four have new troubles when Galactus has decided that Earth is his next target. When his henchman, The Silver Surfer, is sent to Earth he discovers that he's getting more than he bargained for when he encounters the Fantastic Four. But that's not all when Dr. Doom decides that after two years in the homeland he is ready to return.

With it's short running time, FF2 is a fast paced movie. It doesn't waste anytime on anything and gets right to the point. It's more or less a popcorn film because it's really not all about the action. This film is even better than the first film (although not as good as the extended cut of the first film). There is more character development, more intense, and more dramatic.

With more dramatic scenes, there are also more comedic scenes, most for both the children and the adults to enjoy. The problem is that this movie switches from drama to comedy in scenes. If you want it to be funny, go with it and vice versa.

Although with the PG rating, there is even more intense action sequences and a death scene that pushes the PG rating a bit. The CGI in here ranges from being bad to fantastic with some things you can feast your eyes on. I like the acting by cooler Ioan Gruffudd, the sexier Jessica Alba, the handsomer Chris Evans, and the, well, Michael Chiklis.

I also want to attack a "problem" in this film that people are complaining about: Galactus. Yes, many will be disappointed on how he appears in the movie or that he appears at all but isn't this film called "Rise of the Silver Surfer"? So please, don't be surprised of how Galactus appears.

Although not as good as Spider-Man 3, this film is harmless fun for the family. There are more action sequences and comedy. It doesn't take itself seriously like the more serious superhero films (ala Batman Begins, Superman Returns, Spider-Man). It's an okay adaptation for Silver Surfer (there will be a spin-off), but many people will be surprised this film will exceed their expectations. 8/10

tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2007 at 4:50am
I'm surprised we're not discussing Nancy Droop...
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2007 at 1:37am

WITH A DOOFY PLOT, PRODUCT PLACEMENTS THAT PRACTICALLY SLAP the AUDIENCE in the FACE and an "ULTIMATE VILLAIN" THAT's ARGUABLY a GLORIFIED DUST BUNNY, FANTASTIC FOUR: RISE of the SILVER SURFER HAS MANY PROBLEMS. BUT the ONE ELEMENT of the FILM WE CAN ALMOST GUARANTEE WILL GET RAZZIE® ATTENTION IS the PERFORMANCE of RAZZIE VETERAN JESSICA ALBA as "INVISIBLE WOMAN" SUE STORM. THE ONLY QUESTION IS: DOES THIS ROLE QUALIFY HER as WORST ACTRESS or, GIVEN HOW LITTLE ACTUAL SCREEN TIME SHE HAS, IS SHE a WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS CONTENDER?

CONSIDER, and FEEL FREE to DISCUSS BELOW...

Alba: "Do these glasses make me look, like, TOO intellectual??"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123