Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > FANTASTIC FOUR: RISE of the SILVER SURFER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Is Alba Worst ACTRESS or SUPPORTING?!?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Alba Worst ACTRESS or SUPPORTING?!?!?!
    Posted: February 16 2010 at 10:45am
So you're sayin'superhero movies should be dark?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2010 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Vits

So you're sayin'superhero movies should be dark?
I would at least like them to be serious and not like a live action cartoon. If you want some humor in it, that's fine, but don't make it cheesy and stupid like Fox does to its comic book movies. "IronMan" was a perfect example of a super hero movie having a great balance of drama and comedy. Hollywood should follow its example, no the Adam West's Batman.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2010 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

20th Century Fox ruins every comic book movie it touches. "Daredevil", "Ghost Rider", "Fantasic 4". Fox turned them all into these stupid, campy, "Batman & Robin" like pieces of s***! For some reason, Fox thinks the old '60s Adam West "Batman" TV series is still the standard for live action comic book adaptations, and these movies prove that.

That's pretty debatable. IMO, Daredevil has to be the most surprising and most dark superhero movie I've ever seen until TDK came out two years ago. I wasn't aware of the comics or the superhero himself so the events that occurred in that movie where characters you don't expect to die do die and characters you want to die end up living in the end is pretty surprising and very bleak. It's a depressing film but a very fine superhero movie.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2010 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

I would at least like them to be serious and not like a live action cartoon. If you want some humor in it, that's fine, but don't make it cheesy and stupid like Fox does to its comic book movies. "IronMan" was a perfect example of a super hero movie having a great balance of drama and comedy. Hollywood should follow its example, no the Adam West's Batman.

I disagree. If there are serious superhero movies, like TDK and Hulk, I'd expect other superhero movies to not be serious, to balance out the equation. The Fantastic Four movies are the perfect example of a superhero film that don't take itself too seriously which is what I enjoy seeing. It seems like all recent superhero movies are trying to be dark and depressing just because of The Dark Knight's praise. All of a sudden, studios want everything to be dark. Let me remind you, the Fantastic Four was supposed to be a for the family. There's a reason the sequel is rated PG.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2010 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

I disagree. If there are serious superhero movies, like TDK and Hulk, I'd expect other superhero movies to not be serious, to balance out the equation. The Fantastic Four movies are the perfect example of a superhero film that don't take itself too seriously which is what I enjoy seeing. It seems like all recent superhero movies are trying to be dark and depressing just because of The Dark Knight's praise. All of a sudden, studios want everything to be dark. Let me remind you, the Fantastic Four was supposed to be a for the family. There's a reason the sequel is rated PG.
That may be true that studios want superheroes to be more dark because of success of the "TDK", but you should also keep in mind that "TDK" was perfectly made for this post-9/11 world we live in, with themes ranging from spying within our own country, terrorism, cooked cops and goverment, and the power of the media. Comic books have evolved from the days of straight edge, pure hero vs. the evil just because he can be villain, and I think the comic book movies should follow that example, too. 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2010 at 10:59am
The effects were more impressive but the action sequences weren't so entertaining(except the last thing SILVER SURFER does in the movie).Jessica Alba's acting was close to being average to bad.It was darker,like most people(including the users here)wanted.

I give this 7/10.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2010 at 2:56pm

The effects were more impressive but the action sequences weren't so entertaining(except the last thing SILVER SURFER does in the movie).Jessica Alba's acting was close to being average to bad.It was darker,like most people(including the users here)wanted.

I give this 7/10.
Clearly you're not a fan of the comic, otherwise you would understand why everyone hated this movie.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2010 at 4:05pm
I don't think someone has solved the long-lasting debate of adaptations being good despite being different from the source...like SPIDER-MAN.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2010 at 7:08pm

I don't think someone has solved the long-lasting debate of adaptations being good despite being different from the source...like SPIDER-MAN.
"Sin City" was word for word and scene for scene indentical to the novels (except for the ending). It is well liked by fans for doing so.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2010 at 8:39am
What about SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2010 at 1:50pm

What about SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE?
Never read the book, so can't compare.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123