Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2005/26th RAZZIE® Awards Discussions & Forums > BEWITCHED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Is BEWITCHED as Bad as CATWOMAN?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote eastpetersen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is BEWITCHED as Bad as CATWOMAN?!?!?
    Posted: March 05 2006 at 5:18pm
Everyones bashing on bewitched as one of the worst movies, while I'll be the first to admit it wasn't very good everyone has to remember the other classic television revival the Dukes of Hazzard movie, the only thing likable in this movie was the general E. Lee. While bewitched had some funny moments. 
ieiazel View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote ieiazel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 1:04am
this movie is crap!! I wanted to murder Will Ferrell so bad. I can't believe someone liked this film, honestly. I agree with some people above, Catwoman is better than this. How come it didn't win the Worst Picture Razzie? 
lolitahaze View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote lolitahaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2006 at 5:16pm
this move was so horrible that i walked out of a free preview screening and told the people from the studio how much it sucked. i don't really have the fannish loon adulation that everyone seems to have for will ferrell and my faith in the fact that i think he sucks was borne out. they stole the "make someone talk nonsense" gag from "bruce almighty", they gave it a useless "behind the scenes in hollywood" pseudo plot, and they managed to make stephen colbert not funny. i knew better when i saw the clever "let's not show them any footage" trailer, but i went for the sake of friendship.

i hate my friend.

all i can hope for is that it doesn't manage to spawn offspring.
MrPeabody View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote MrPeabody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2006 at 5:26pm
Guess this is what Kidman deserves. She is such a bad actress that even Tom Cruse, who's acting has gone to sh*t (e.t. War of the Worlds), didn't want his name associated with this botox queen any longer.
Galahad View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Galahad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2006 at 5:39pm
Years ago the thoughts struck me that (1) Nicole Kidmann bears a slight resemblance to Elizabeth Montgomery; (2) Hollywood is addicted to making movies based on anything which has even the slightest positive resonance in the American cultural memory;(3) Hollywood is always looking to play it safe: match big stars with warm and fuzzy mediocre material, especially re-hashed fare that, even if the viewers as children did not love it the first time, they might at least feel some nostalgia for. I thought, "My God! Nicole Kidman is someday going to be in a movie version of Bewitched!" But then I stopped myself, "No! She is too big a name to get snagged into that inane vehicle." And so it was like "Oh, my ... they've dropped the bomb," when I saw her in that 60's dress next to Will Ferrell  in the advert. The only thing I did not previously envision was her hair styles. Terrible movie for the unappreciative fan. By the way, I still think Elizabeth Montgomery and Kidman are/were very talented actresses. It is more the fault of the decision makers in the studios who lack imagination and guts. I still half expect to find someone like Whoopie Goldberg doing the voice for the movie version of My Mother the Car before the decade is over.
Bereft Skerrick View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Bereft Skerrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 2:47pm
My only favourite part about "Bewitched" as a movie is the revenge that Stewie from Family Guy takes out on Will Ferrell.
PopcornAvenger View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote PopcornAvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 5:19pm
I'm a fan of Shirley so I rented it. The movie made me want to gouge out my eyes, it was so awful.

It was a miscarriage of justice that this soulrendingly horrible piece of crap didn't win Worst Movie of the Year.  Everyone involved in making it should be hunted down and neutered to prevent them from contaminating the gene pool.

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2007 at 12:35pm

What are they going to do next? Do a remake of I DREAM OF JEANNIE? I don't think that will ever happen 'cause it will be as worse as this one.

Oh, wait, it's already been thought about it, and it's in pre-production.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 12:27pm
This was horribly unfunny.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2010 at 8:35am
How is it that nobody gets it?You all say it's bad'cuz is nothin'like the show.That's the point!

The Ephron sisters didn't want to do another remake'cuz of how much people complain'bout the similarities with the show,so they did this non-direct remake that takes place in a whole other universe.

Will Ferrell was surprisingly funny.This is the 3rd exception of him actually bein'good.The others are THE PRODUCERS and STRANGER THAN FICTION,for which he received Golden Globe noms..
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2010 at 1:55pm
The point is this is just another example of Hollywood trying to make a quick buck off something that has a fanbase, and as usual, they failed at making it something good.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2010 at 4:09pm
Yes,but again,it failed for the wrong reasons.Don't ask me why.Just read my last reply(hey,that rimes!).
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2010 at 9:50am
I gave it 6/10.It's funny,but I can't' overlook the odd pairing of leads.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2011 at 4:14pm
The producers of this movie are making a reboot of the TV show.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123