Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > FRIDAY THE 13TH (2009)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Is This the 13th Film in the Series??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is This the 13th Film in the Series??
    Posted: June 21 2009 at 8:30am
Just watched this, and it was about as good as you could expect. Yeah, it's
more of the same, bit at least this time around it's done more slickly and
with a little more style, and actually appears to have been made by adults
and not by special schoolchildren.

If Prom Night can get off scott-free of any nominations, I don't see this
one as a contender of any categories.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2009 at 3:10am
It just seemed like another cash grab, nothing too horrible. It didn't seem to grab as much cash as it had hoped, either.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2009 at 9:36am

Yeah, I heard Hollywood originally wanted to call "remakes" "cash grabs," but then realized "remake" just sounded better. 

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

It just seemed like another cash grab, nothing too horrible. It didn't seem to grab as much cash as it had hoped, either.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2009 at 2:50am
I think they use re-boot to sound more positive, actually. But the REAL official term should be "Razzie Nominee".
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2009 at 9:59am

Ha ha, I like that. Can you imagine newspapers writing "This weekend is the release of the latest Razzie Nominee of the Friday The 13th series"? At least then they'd be telling the truth.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2009 at 8:54pm
It's just fate, I tells ya.
-Iron helps us play-
kelemenmarc View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kelemenmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2009 at 3:48pm
For your RAZZIE Consideration:

Worst Supporting Actor:
Jared Padalecki (I think he was supporting and very very terrible, and it's not was his first worst movie, just remember House of a Wax, and he bad performance = RAZZIE NOMINATION)
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel
FYC:
Worst Movie: The Bounty Hunter
Worst Actor: Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland / The Tourist)
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2009 at 12:44pm
*Bringing discussion back to life*

Originally posted by Michaels

I was about to say, those numbers did seem made up. I KNOW for a fact that a perfect SAT score is 1600, and seeing as how MWG said 1400 just goes to show he hasn't taken the test yet. And there's no way they would raise the score to 2100 without it making front page news across the country.

They added a new section to the SAT, the WRITING portion, which counts as another 800 so there is 2400 points total. In the writing, you deal with grammar and such along with writing an essay which is scored between 1 and 12, I think. You can look this up on Google. More info here: http://homeworktips.about.com/od/standardizedtests/a/writing .htm

But I can believe in a 5.0 GPA, but anything higher still sounds made up.

It's called a "weighted" GPA. It's out of 6 points. "Unweighted" GPA is out of 4.

But if he really thinks that makes him so much smater, just a little tidbit, I my GPA was 3.6 out of 4.0. And I have a feeling most people here had GPAs just as high if not higher, so I wouldn't be so quick to throw around words like "morons", "stupid", "idiots", etc.

I finally got my transcript which have both my weighted and unweighted GPA scores and my GPA out of 4 is a 3.7778.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2009 at 5:23pm
Isn't that original conversation from like a year ago?
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 2:51am

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Isn't that original conversation from like a year ago?

Yeah, well over a year actually. It started all the way back with "Disaster Movie", in which MWG gave the movie his usual 6 or higher out of 10 review and called the movie "funny". Thus began 10 pages worth of debate that the movie sucked on every level and he didn't know what he was talking. But then "DM" managed to get away scott-free of any award "wins", so all the pages are useless now, just as bringing this thread back to life is pointless. But you know, MWG likes to point out how I'm always saying it's his taste in movies that we mock, not his IQ, so why is it he once again has to bring up his GPA? You wou'd if I posted something so many times, it would get through to him.

(Oh, and I believe GPA debate ended with us agreeing that yes, SOME schools do go as high as 5.0 or 6.0, but I was 3.6 out of 4.0 back in my high school days when 4.0 was the standard, not that this little factoid has anything to do with my taste in movies).

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Michaels

But then "DM" managed to get away scott-free of any award "wins", so all the pages are useless now, just as bringing this thread back to life is pointless.

Well, I brought it back up because I finally got my GPA out of 4 and I thought you'd be interested in what it was. This is why I posted my GPA in my previous post: 3.7778.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2010 at 10:26pm

I know you're not going to go this far, but I believe it was in the RAZZIES' best interests to nominate this for Worst Prequel, Sequel, Remake, or Ripoff.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2010 at 7:45am
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure it's going to make the final five, at least in that catagory.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2010 at 2:17pm
I can't keep watchin'this,nor the NIGHTMARE IN ELM STREET and CHILD PLAY movies.Why?The villians always come back with no explanation,except they're inmortal or somethin'.I just feels endless.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2010 at 3:55pm
I was a trifle disappointed that this didn't get nominated for anything. Alas, I HAVE heard this isn't the worst horror film of 2009.

NI JUU GO BAN
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2010 at 4:28pm
I saw it last night. It's your run fo the mill, paint by numbers horror movie. It adds nothing to a series that should have been abanded decades ago. Michael Bay's quest to rape the movie business continues.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>