Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > FRIDAY THE 13TH (2009)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Is This the 13th Film in the Series??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is This the 13th Film in the Series??
    Posted: November 03 2010 at 1:48pm
I still remember when Danielle Panabaker went to a mexican talk show to promote this movie.In every promo she and the hosts were screaming.It turns out during the interview she talked about the training to be a scream queen.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2010 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Vits

I still remember when Danielle Panabaker went to a mexican talk show to promote this movie.In every promo she and the hosts were screaming.It turns out during the interview she talked about the training to be a scream queen.
And clearly even her training wasn't enough to save the movie.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2012 at 7:56pm
Time to review Friday The 13th. I have to say, out of all of the Platinum Dunes movies, this is, arguably, the most watchable. Not the best PD movie (that's still the Texas Chainsaw remake) but still.

The good:

It has no inhibitions: It doesn't mistake it self for high art like the all of the other Platinum Dunes movies. It knows that its sole purpose is to have a high body count and supply boobies.

The crossover: The actor of the d-bag of the film, Trent, was, also, in the first Transformers movie. This wouldn't mean much, except he played a Trent in that too. And this movie was produced by Michael Bay. So Jason and Transformers take place in the same universe. And I just got a good storyline for Transformers 4!

A legitimate twist: Towards the end, something actually surprising happens: Danielle Panabaker dies. Usually in these movies, she and Supernatural guy would survive and they'd get together at the end. Instead she bites it.

The bad:

The acting: Big suprise, the acting in this sucks.

The script: Big suprise, the writing in this sucks.

Marcus Nispel: Big suprise, he stil can't direct.

The ugly:

The TV version: Whenever this airs on TV, it's completely gutted of anything interesting. I can understand not showing gore on MTV, but the SyFy version really bugs me. They show the Saw movies all the time, almost always intact. The Chiller version is super-bewildering: it's a pay-channel like HBO and IFC, yet it still censors things. Is there some behind the scenes thing that I don't know about?

Apparantly, Michael Bay walked out of the premiere for this. The reason? There was too much sex. The only people allowed to have sex in Michael Bay movies are the prom queens. Grade: B-

Next-up: A Nightmare On Elm Street!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456